If Continuum is the end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Continuum is the end...

Due to the cancellation of Universe and MGM's bankruptcy and restructuring, Continuum will probably end up being the end of SG-1. At this point, I just don't see a third movie happening. If Continuum is the end, are you satisfied? An original movie, 214 episodes, and two "wrap up" movies. That's not a bad run, eh? Is there anything that got left unresolved that you'd hope a third movie might cover?

For me, 214 episodes and three movies is a fantastic run. Most shows don't come anywhere near that. The only American science-fiction show that I think compares to SG-1 is The X Files which had a nine-year run plus two feature films.

If Continuum winds up being the last SG1 movie, that's fine. I wouldn't be happy about it, but it would be acceptable. I still think there will be a 3rd movie, but we'll just have to wait and see about that.

Comment

Yes. The majority of plot arcs are resolved. The story feels complete
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I wasn't exactly thrilled with Continuum itself, but as far as the overall stories in SG-1 go, I wouldn't mind. It was on for over 10 years and wrapped most things up.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

SG1 is over, it had ten good years and two TV movies, as Jelgate said, the story is over.
          And no show goes on forever.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind Continuum being the end, but I still have hope there will be one more SG1 movie.

Comment

i would be okay, as much i would love an sg-1 movie it would be okay if there wasn't one. the major story lines are tied up. ark of truth finished the ori storyline and continuum wrapped up baal.
              sigpic

Comment

Thumbs up

I'm happy with it
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Due to the cancellation of Universe and MGM's bankruptcy and restructuring, Continuum will probably end up being the end of SG-1. At this point, I just don't see a third movie happening. If Continuum is the end, are you satisfied? An original movie, 214 episodes, and two "wrap up" movies. That's not a bad run, eh? Is there anything that got left unresolved that you'd hope a third movie might cover?

For me, 214 episodes and three movies is a fantastic run. Most shows don't come anywhere near that. The only American science-fiction show that I think compares to SG-1 is The X Files which had a nine-year run plus two feature films.
                  for the movie itself, it would be a good enough ending. but...

as for being an s/j shipper, and waiting, waiting, waiting, waaaaaaaaiting for a sign that they got together, then 'continuum' would be FAR from being enough.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes, like said above most of the story lines are finished. But it would be nice to have a last SG-1 movie to finish it, where we see the team split up since Sam now commands The Hammond, Teal'c is probably busy in Jaffa world so that leaves Cam, Daniel and Vala. The script is already written and it would be a safe money investment for MGM
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Yes. The majority of plot arcs are resolved. The story feels complete
                      agreed

Comment

SG1 as a TV series feels fairly complete to me (though, if given the option, I'd delete AoT in favor of a proper ending to the Ori arc) Continuum felt like the begining of a "trek-esque" run of feature films and I really do hope they happen.
                        So, on the whole, mostly satisfied if it ended now, but the fan always says "just one more movie!"
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                        X