Did the Aschen slow the Ori advance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Aschen slow the Ori advance?

The Aschen were thought to make quick work of the Goa'uld. They clearly have some pretty good bombs and bio weapons that would make trouble for the Ori. And clearly, the Jaffa didn't offer a whole lot of resistance to slow the Ori, nor did the Taur'ii. So are they the saviors of the galaxy, having slowed them enough to allow Earth the time it needed to acquire technologies and knowledge to defeat the Ori? Something slowed those 4 ships, they should of made quick work of all the major planets, but they always seemed to be going pretty slow. Most planets in the area are just villages and forests. There are no good planets to resist the Ori.

Another possible resister for the Ori would be the terraforming ship. I'm sure they could of used their technology to beam the Ori out into space, if they ran up against them. Also the ships from 'Space Race', Tekcom probably gave them a good fight before surrendering.

Their is nothing to even show if the Ori had any contact with the Aschen. They occupied a small section of the Milky Way
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

We never heard anything more from the Aschen after "2001". If they were able to do anything to anybody, one would think they would have come after Earth just to show us they were (allegedly) superior. But they didn't. Plus, they may have tried to dial a few of the planets on the list Sam gave them. And as somebody said, the one at the top of the list was connected to the planet getting sucked up by a black hole in "A Matter of Time". I'm pretty sure a black hole would have slowed down the Aschen considerably.

If anything, I think the Ori probably overpowered the Aschen, along with all those other planets.

Comment

I remember that the Space Race planet was mentioned to have fallen to the Ori briefly at the end of an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          The Aschen were thought to make quick work of the Goa'uld. They clearly have some pretty good bombs and bio weapons that would make trouble for the Ori. And clearly, the Jaffa didn't offer a whole lot of resistance to slow the Ori, nor did the Taur'ii. So are they the saviors of the galaxy, having slowed them enough to allow Earth the time it needed to acquire technologies and knowledge to defeat the Ori? Something slowed those 4 ships, they should of made quick work of all the major planets, but they always seemed to be going pretty slow. Most planets in the area are just villages and forests. There are no good planets to resist the Ori.

Another possible resister for the Ori would be the terraforming ship. I'm sure they could of used their technology to beam the Ori out into space, if they ran up against them. Also the ships from 'Space Race', Tekcom probably gave them a good fight before surrendering.
          There's absolutely nothing we can even use to actually discuss this from the show's canon.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

What about that ship that attacked Prometheus in "Grace" that seemed pretty powerful. We never learned who created it, but they were clearly flying around space, they may have come up against the Ori at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
              I remember that the Space Race planet was mentioned to have fallen to the Ori briefly at the end of an episode.
              Sam said they hadn't heard from Hebridan ("Space Race) or Langara (Jonas Quinn's planet) since the Ori incursion, suggesting they both had fallen to the Ori. I don't remember which episode she said that in at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Sam said they hadn't heard from Hebridan ("Space Race) or Langara (Jonas Quinn's planet) since the Ori incursion, suggesting they both had fallen to the Ori. I don't remember which episode she said that in at the moment.
                Counterstrike.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Plus the Nox could of tried fighting them before being defeated. But the Nox are pretty pacifistic, they'd probably just let the Ori kill them. There's also that one guy who made androids, Harlen. He probably had a hand in slowing them down a bit. Too bad the Tollan weren't still around. Their ion cannons and phase shift technology would of come in handy to distract them for a day.

I wonder if the Tok'ra infiltrated the Ori like they did the Goa'uld. Some Tok'ra priors spying on the Ori would of been a good ruse.

Comment

It's all only supposition I guess. But the Aschen as fare as we know from canon were not big on ships, yes they had there agri ships but nothing else points to their ability to launch space warfare, otherwise as said before they would have come after Earth. I think its safe to imagine as implied they got pretty well smashed by the Black hole

Comment

Well, first of all, the Aschen were presumably wiped out by the black hole that they were given the address to.

We also know that Hebridan (the Serakkin homeworld) and Langara (Jonas Quinn's homeworld) went Ori in (s9 iirc) when an SG team member debriefed Landry on their recon mission.

Comment

Plus the Nox could of tried fighting them before being defeated. But the Nox are pretty pacifistic, they'd probably just let the Ori kill them. There's also that one guy who made androids, Harlen. He probably had a hand in slowing them down a bit. Too bad the Tollan weren't still around. Their ion cannons and phase shift technology would of come in handy to distract them for a day.

I wonder if the Tok'ra infiltrated the Ori like they did the Goa'uld. Some Tok'ra priors spying on the Ori would of been a good ruse.
                        The Nox did not fight. Period. They wouldn't let the Ori kill them; they'd escape with their highly evolved powers or hide themselves before the Ori see them.

Harlan may have helped a bit, but I highly doubt it. If he had more duplicate SG-1's then maybe, but we know that the Ori would have freaked out at that and would have made an episode of it, so we know that they didn't .

I like the Tok'ra idea. Still, they couldn't work from inside. A few of them may have joined forces with the Ori (the less honorable ones, of course), but they may have done some recon and stuff. In Continuum, we know that they came out of hiding and built above ground.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                          Well, first of all, the Aschen were presumably wiped out by the black hole that they were given the address to.

We also know that Hebridan (the Serakkin homeworld) and Langara (Jonas Quinn's homeworld) went Ori in (s9 iirc) when an SG team member debriefed Landry on their recon mission.
                          I doubt the Aschen were actually exterminated by the SGC. If the scientists on Earth can successfully save their planet from a Stargate connected to a black-hole then the Aschen scientists should be able to do so without much trouble. I think they were probably more likely give than address to show the inconvenience of trying to subjugate Earth.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The implication was that the show hinted at the fact that they were wiped out. Not hearing from them for 10 years kind of means they're long gone or at least no longer a threat to Earth or its allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              I doubt the Aschen were actually exterminated by the SGC. If the scientists on Earth can successfully save their planet from a Stargate connected to a black-hole then the Aschen scientists should be able to do so without much trouble. I think they were probably more likely give than address to show the inconvenience of trying to subjugate Earth.
                              I'm not so sure. Yeah the Aschen are technologically ahead of us but they didn't really have much knowledge regarding the stargate. Also remember that Carter was only able to figure out to stop the black hole because of the incident when her and O'Neill accidentally got shifted to the Antarctic gate. If not for that incident, Earth would have been destroyed by the black hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X