Two-Parters that felt like a Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two-Parters that felt like a Movie

Though movies, The Ark of Truth and Continuum are basically glorified two-parters. They don't really look all that different from the show except for a big-budget scene here and there. That said, are there two-parters from the show that felt like a movie? To me, "Lost City" seems far more cinematic than either of the movies. The episode did a phenomenal job of reintroducing everyone and the storyline to new viewers. I think this had to do with the script originally being for a big-budget SG-1 movie which would necessitate being accessible by those who didn't watch the show.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I came back to this thread, thinking someone responded with substance...

Comment

I don't think being more epic makes something more like a movie. AoT especially was paced and structured as a movie, nothing like a two-parter.

Comment

"Lost City," "Reckoning"/"Threads," and "The Siege" all felt like truly epic movies.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Kek: Again, I am asking what FELT cinematic. Yes, Ark of Truth was paced and structured as a movie, but... it didn't feel any more cinematic than any two-parter of the show. To be honest, I was more impressed with the "Reckoning" two-parter.

s09119: I'll agree with you on "Lost City" and "Reckoning." Why do you include "Threads?" It didn't feel all that cinematic. I haven't seen the Atlantis's "Siege" trilogy since it originally aired, so I don't remember it to well. I'd like to stick with SG-1 two-parters.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              Kek: Again, I am asking what FELT cinematic. Yes, Ark of Truth was paced and structured as a movie, but... it didn't feel any more cinematic than any two-parter of the show. To be honest, I was more impressed with the "Reckoning" two-parter.

s09119: I'll agree with you on "Lost City" and "Reckoning." Why do you include "Threads?" It didn't feel all that cinematic. I haven't seen the Atlantis's "Siege" trilogy since it originally aired, so I don't remember it to well. I'd like to stick with SG-1 two-parters.
              "Threads" because it's part 3 of the "Reckoning" story. Together they make one 3-part tale.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I came back to this thread, thinking someone responded with substance...
                I came to this thread, thinking it had substance.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  "Lost City," "Reckoning"/"Threads," and "The Siege" all felt like truly epic movies.
                  I agree with you, that are the only two-parts that felt like a movie in my opinion. All great episodes, the one I enjoyed the most is Lost City, but the others follow closely. Damn really miss SG-1
                  sigpic

Comment

what feels cinematic is your opinion, so one thing may feel cinematic to someone may not to someone else

Comment

Kek: Again, I am asking what FELT cinematic.
                      I know, and I don't think that feeling epic is the same as feeling cinematic. I can't think of any scene in Lost City that would make me feel like I was watching a movie.

Comment

Moebius

Comment

i liked that the movies were like the series, especially ark of truth since it was the conclusion of the ori storyline which the past 2 seasons were about.

as for two parters that seem like movies i'd go with children of the gods since it has a similar feel to the actual movie. and reckoning/threads since in a way it was the series finale.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lost City is the best piece of Stargate from the original movie up to SGU. I don't think the franchise will ever be able to top it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              I know, and I don't think that feeling epic is the same as feeling cinematic. I can't think of any scene in Lost City that would make me feel like I was watching a movie.
                              I never said anything about anything being "epic." What about the whole battle over Antarctica? What about the cargo ship's flight over Antarctica and then the exploration of the outpost below? That certainly felt cinematic to me. My sister doesn't watch the show, but we watched "Lost City" together, and she seemed to really enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X