This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Warship to the Fleet

Specifically the Tria; The Daedalus picked up the survivors when it was in the void between the Milky Way and Pegasus. All we know is that the FTL engines were damaged. Taking into account that Rodney seems to be a genius, and that the SGC has a lot of talented people behind them, I am surprised that nobody had thought to get the Tria back online.

All they'd have to do is have a Daedalus-class ship locate the Tria (they know where they left it, even in such a void, they're going to have coo-ordinates), beam over a repair crew, and fix up the engines. I'd be surprised if they couldn't get the Tria back to fighting form, yet, to date, nobody has even thought or suggested this. Why?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Damaged and old aurora class ancient ship that is probably out of drones with broken hyperdrive,depleted shields and who knowns what else, not mentioning it requires large crew with ancient gene to get it working, in top of that repairing & maintaining it would probably be more expensive then just building new Asgard tech equiped 304 which are superior

Comment

Your assuming that the Ancient didnt repair it themselves and bring it back to Atlantis where it was destroyed by the Asurans? Im sure something so advanced wouldnt be left there.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        Your assuming that the Ancient didnt repair it themselves and bring it back to Atlantis where it was destroyed by the Asurans? Im sure something so advanced wouldnt be left there.
        Word of God says that it's left in the void.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Vancho View Post
          Damaged and old aurora class ancient ship that is probably out of drones with broken hyperdrive, depleted shields and who knowns what else, not mentioning it requires large crew with ancient gene to get it working, in top of that repairing & maintaining it would probably be more expensive then just building new Asgard tech equiped 304 which are superior
          I actually question whether an Ancient Warship is less advanced than a 304.

Suffice to say, you say it has a broken Hyperdrive, so did the Orion. McKay got that fixed. Shields would have been something to work on, and you can only speculate on the drones. It should be noted that Ancient Warships don't only have drones as weapons too, so it wouldn't be completely useless if drones were out.

The SGC put a lot of work into the Orion, and they done that quickly out of necessity. Think what they could have done with no time restraints.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          I'm pretty sure they'd have left it there actually. They may have planned to go back for it, but for the moment, I'm pretty sure it's still stuck out there. I expect, if they'd have brought it with them, it would have been mentioned.

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          Word of God says that it's left in the void.
          This.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

We should tow that tria to the travellers and focus on bldg 304s.

Comment

Working...
            X