PDA

View Full Version : Jack O'Neill - The comedian

Shadow2751
May 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Colonel Jack O'Neill, leader of SG-1, second in command of the S.G.C, once in black ops, trusted by the U.S. president, friends of the Asgard, name of a Asgard war ship - the universes biggest comedian. And I'm loving it.

Usually captains or leaders are serious, but Jack pushes to the edge with the smooth comedy, without become completely stupid and (in doing so) make the show stupid.

The blend of comedy and seriousness is perfect. Jack is my favourite character, and he is why I started watching Stargate.

Love Jack? Tell us why!

FixxxeR
May 17th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Do you have a crush on him?

Shadow2751
May 17th, 2004, 12:24 PM
What? No...I'm a guy. o.O

ABYDOSCITY2
May 17th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I love Jack's sense of humor, too. He gives a very serious, and dangerous job some light-hearted moments. I think that when every thing depends on what your doing, a bit of humor to ease the tension helps. I also love the fact that he is highly intelligent, never gives up, and is a charming perfect gentleman. ABYDOSCITY2

FixxxeR
May 17th, 2004, 01:05 PM

I'm just havin a bit of fun ;)

Jack's my favorite character in SG-1 I think although Teal'c and Samantha (mmmmmmmm) run a close second

Shadow2751
May 17th, 2004, 01:13 PM
My uncle just cracked this real funny Stargate joke;

"Like the people in Stargate say, 'you don't know Jack!'"

May 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evey one like RDA's character, he is just the best...even Picard was not that cool :D

tauripeg
May 18th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Colonel Jack O'Neill, leader of SG-1, second in command of the S.G.C, once in black ops, trusted by the U.S. president, friends of the Asgard, name of a Asgard war ship - the universes biggest comedian. And I'm loving it.

Usually captains or leaders are serious, but Jack pushes to the edge with the smooth comedy, without become completely stupid and (in doing so) make the show stupid.

The blend of comedy and seriousness is perfect. Jack is my favourite character, and he is why I started watching Stargate.

Love Jack? Tell us why!

Jack is also my favorite charcter on the show. why? let me see, he's loyal to his friends, has a great sense of humor, a high sense of honor, never leaves anyone behind (at least if he has anything to do with it.)

I also like all the other characters, but jack is my fave.
:D

Shadow2751
May 18th, 2004, 12:10 PM
LOL

:)

Jack to the end ;)

angsty_otaku
May 19th, 2004, 09:04 AM
jack is a great character...his humor is what makes him that great...it sort of "mellows" things out...:-)

ps. yes crush on him :-D

iwannabeLexa
May 19th, 2004, 01:00 PM

You know, you can have non-sexual crushes on people.. the excitement is still there, it just isn't THAT kind of excitement!

I love Jack also.. his humor is one of the many things that make the show! As for crushes.. can you tell by my handle that I have a crush on Michael Shanks?? Lexa Doig, such a lucky girl.. not fair!

Lexa

SGSlugger
May 19th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Jack is the reason that a lot of people watch SG-1. He adds that relief to stressed scenes. Like when Sam spazzes into a technobabble moment, you can count on Jack to snap something witty.
Really it's interesting how he does that, and it makes him look not that bright, yet he is intelligent.

Jane
May 22nd, 2004, 01:32 AM
Jack is great, you can't help but like him. Even when things are not looking good, like the end of the world, he will always bring in some humour that will enlighten the situation, like in the Lost City.

Anubis
May 22nd, 2004, 05:38 AM
You can't help but enjoy Jack whatever the situation. His humour and the way he comes out with suggestions is just great

Apepi
May 22nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
With us both being system lords, Anubis, i have to agree,what ever the situation,its so funny, "kaltaa Anubis,kree Apophis" (lol) :D

Sela
May 22nd, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evey one like RDA's character, he is just the best...even Picard was not that cool :D

....careful....

....be careful.

Sela
May 23rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
What are you talking about?
Picard wasn't cool.
Sorry, Sela, he just wasn't.
Now, Data and 7 of 9, they were cool. :D
You can guess why I like 7. Let's just say she got me..um...excited. :p

Picard, not cool? Define "cool"...we obviously have different definitions going on here.

Picard is the ultimate of "cool". The only Trek character cooler than Picard was Sisko, and if you say that Benjamin was not cool, then there's no hope for you. :p

May 23rd, 2004, 06:47 PM
Picard is behavin less childlike than Jack, that's why Jack is cool ;) .... don't mix Childish and childlike

Thoth
May 27th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Picard, not cool? Define "cool"...we obviously have different definitions going on here.

Picard is the ultimate of "cool". The only Trek character cooler than Picard was Sisko, and if you say that Benjamin was not cool, then there's no hope for you. :p

I'm guessing that Sisko was in DS9 because I have no idea who he was.

How was Picard cool?

Name one cool thing that Picard did that was cool, other than be assimilated by the borg, which is exactly was made 7 so cool, and of course those amazingly large...tracks of land. If you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Graile you'll get it.

Crazedwraith
May 27th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I'm guessing that Sisko was in DS9 because I have no idea who he was.

How was Picard cool?

Name one cool thing that Picard did that was cool, other than be assimilated by the borg, which is exactly was made 7 so cool, and of course those amazingly large...tracks of land. If you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Graile you'll get it.

Now Sisko was KEWL!
Q turns up and tries to piss around on Sisko's station and good ol' benny boi floors up in one punch.

May 28th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Picard was cool because he is wise, old, and experience, and also serious...he is a good example to follow

Chirp
July 1st, 2004, 01:45 PM
I know Rick is a comic in his own way, but when Teal'c was saying that line in Birthright(shal kak nem ron) Which I though he was saying (shall kick nimron)how many times did Rick kick Chis when he said that line? Or is it just me thinking stupid lines? :S

TheNewestFan
July 15th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I love Jack's humor and sarcasm. It's one of the things that got me hooked on Stargate. It's never too much...

I also like the interactions between Jack and Daniel; Jack and Teal'c.

D: "Yes, you did!"
J: "No, I didn't!"
D: "Did"
J: "Did not", etc.

Cracks me up every time. :D :D :D

chiefchucky
July 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Lets just face it Jack kicks ass and it sure is funny to watch him at work

Kliggins
July 15th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Lets just face it Jack kicks ass and it sure is funny to watch him at work

I know it will be hard to figure out which character is my favorite. ;) Besides being not hard to stare at, Jack's humor always makes me laugh.

Dogma00
July 15th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Jack is the man. He is to the point, funny and knows how to break the ice. He has this child like look of the world. It's either right or wrong and with the greater good in mind that he does what he does. I find his wit to be right on the mark with the situtation. I will admit that he sometimes over the top thou, but that's what makes Jack. Jack.