Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The planet in 'Demons' one of Arthur's worlds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The planet in 'Demons' one of Arthur's worlds?

We know that Arthur and Camelot set up various medieval societies throughout the galaxy in the 6th century AD (with the help of Merlin). The planet in Demons seems completely out of place as a Goa'uld seeded world. It makes logical sense that it is one of Arthur's worlds.

yeah makes sense. green for you.

Comment

"Sokar" Planet??

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
        "Sokar" Planet??
        No, the one where they think Teal'c is a demon and they put give him ridiculous tests then "drown" and then when he was not actually dead they get even more scared, then the Unas comes. not positive

Comment

The problem with "Demons" having an Arthurian world is the fact there is a 6 season gap between that episode and Arthurian legend worlds actually being developed. While it being an Arthurian legend world does fit, we can't just ignore the Goa'uld knowledge of the second gate and that they used it in the past.

sigpic

Comment

Also the planet in "It's Good to be King" also seems to be one of Arthur's world, despite it being a former Goa'uld dominated world.
            It is obvious by how the villagers in "The Quest" recognized the jaffa that Arthur's worlds weren't impervious to Goa'uld conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              The problem with "Demons" having an Arthurian world is the fact there is a 6 season gap between that episode and Arthurian legend worlds actually being developed. While it being an Arthurian legend world does fit, we can't just ignore the Goa'uld knowledge of the second gate and that they used it in the past.
              Is it a fact that they were brought through the gate by the Goa'uld, or could it just have been set up by Merlin, and then Sokar found the planet and claimed it as his domain?
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Oh yeah... UNA anti-Goa'uld. The priset's ring of button red mean Lightning Zat hit SG-1. Daniel,Jack and Sam crying yelling said" NO!!! Teal'c...." the priset push off at teal'c drown in pond. Right?

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                  Oh yeah... UNA anti-Goa'uld. The priset's ring of button red mean Lightning Zat hit SG-1. Daniel,Jack and Sam crying yelling said" NO!!! Teal'c...." the priset push off at teal'c drown in pond. Right?
                  Right.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Is it a fact that they were brought through the gate by the Goa'uld, or could it just have been set up by Merlin, and then Sokar found the planet and claimed it as his domain?
                    It's not a fact, but it was a theory by Daniel that the second gate was used.

CARTER
                    The UAV photos were right, there it is. Looks like a church.

O'NEILL
                    And that would mean what?

TEAL'C
                    That it is most likely Christians reside here, O'Neill.

O'NEILL
                    Thank you Teal'c.

CARTER
                    Well, this is the first sign of Christianity we've encountered, Sir, in hundreds of missions.

DANIEL
                    Which means they probably had to have been taken from somewhere in medieval Europe through the Antarctic gate.

TEAL'C
                    By which Goa'uld?

DANIEL
                    That's a good question.

So they don't know who took them, but do believe it was a Goa'uld and Sokar posing as Satan on a Christian world would make him the most likely suspect. It does open the possibility of being someone else, and Sokar just showed up at a later date but like I said there was a six season gap between Demon and the introduction of Arthurian legend so they'd have to come out with an actual link between the two in a movie but I couldn't see them doing that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      It's not a fact, but it was a theory by Daniel that the second gate was used.

CARTER
                      The UAV photos were right, there it is. Looks like a church.

O'NEILL
                      And that would mean what?

TEAL'C
                      That it is most likely Christians reside here, O'Neill.

O'NEILL
                      Thank you Teal'c.

CARTER
                      Well, this is the first sign of Christianity we've encountered, Sir, in hundreds of missions.

DANIEL
                      Which means they probably had to have been taken from somewhere in medieval Europe through the Antarctic gate.

TEAL'C
                      By which Goa'uld?

DANIEL
                      That's a good question.

So they don't know who took them, but do believe it was a Goa'uld and Sokar posing as Satan on a Christian world would make him the most likely suspect. It does open the possibility of being someone else, and Sokar just showed up at a later date but like I said there was a six season gap between Demon and the introduction of Arthurian legend so they'd have to come out with an actual link between the two in a movie but I couldn't see them doing that.
                      Well, at that point in time, they had no information about Atlantis, Merlin, or anything of that sort, and the only information on the diaspora of humans throughout MW they had was of the Goa'uld. But I find it unlikely that any humans would have been brought through the Antarctic gate, because it would have made no sense to simply leave it there. Merlin makes more sense, however.

(However, I agree with your point that they [the writers] were most likely not thinking that far ahead. They're not that good.)

sigpic

Comment

i think that its possible that it could be. even the writers didn't attend it to be, doesn't make it not.
                        sigpic

Comment

Since worlds like Camelot and the fact that Merlin was also seeding worlds with humans from Earth were first introduced, I have always thought this.

Obviously this wasn't the writers intent at the time of the episode, but as an in-universe explaination it fits without any wiggle room.

Comment

Indeed it does. I really like this theory. Sometimes what's written earlier fits in even if there's been no conscious attempt to do so. Although I do think it's odd that one relatively unimportant planet would have two gates.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              Indeed it does. I really like this theory. Sometimes what's written earlier fits in even if there's been no conscious attempt to do so. Although I do think it's odd that one relatively unimportant planet would have two gates.
                              Who says the planet in Demons has 2 gates (if that is what you meant). I just assumed that Sokar found a Merlin seeded world and enslaved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X