If a Wraith fed on a Goa'uld host . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a Wraith fed on a Goa'uld host . . .

We know from Dr. Beckett's research that a human doesn't actually age when being fed on by the wraith, he doesn't know exactly what happens but he is certain it's not aging.

So if a Wraith fed on a Goa'uld host but left that person alive, could the symbiote heal the host back to full health and normal appearance?

I doubt it. Seems like there would be too much trauma, plus the symbiote itself would be harmed as well so it may only have the strength to heal itself.

Comment

a Wraith doesn't care about it's food's soul so why not just feed then put him/her in a sarcophagus and start feeding again? That would be a lot simpler than feeding on a Goa'uld host with a Goa'uld in him/her.
      Last edited by General Jumper One; 04 January 2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Whats the fun in that? Yeah you get to torture the poor sod for awhile, but the fun in that will wear off pretty quick. You need a good chase, a good hunt, a good kill. Thats always been one of the motivations behind the wraith. They don't just eat their food, they play with it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
          Whats the fun in that? Yeah you get to torture the poor sod for awhile, but the fun in that will wear off pretty quick. You need a good chase, a good hunt, a good kill. Thats always been one of the motivations behind the wraith. They don't just eat their food, they play with it first.
          not if there isn't enough to go around

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
            That's like saying that every meal that humans eat, has to be delicious.

What the Wraith get out of the resistance is sadistic pleasure, nothing more or less. The basic necessity of what they need is simply "suck the life" out of their food. If it came down to it, they would survive with a sarcophagus and couple of people.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              That's like saying that every meal that humans eat, has to be delicious.

What the Wraith get out of the resistance is sadistic pleasure, nothing more or less. The basic necessity of what they need is simply "suck the life" out of their food. If it came down to it, they would survive with a sarcophagus and couple of people.
              If it came right down to it, they could survive on cows.

Comment

Indeed. I've wondered why they don't use animals to feed on, except for the sadistic pleasure of torturing intelligent beings who understand what's really happening to them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Indeed. I've wondered why they don't use animals to feed on, except for the sadistic pleasure of torturing intelligent beings who understand what's really happening to them.
                  who knows why they dont...maybe only humans got some special 'minerals' what the wraith need to feed on....

Comment

In answer to the question...that would depend on whether the enzyme would effect the symbiote in a weird way. Symbiotes can be tough and survive a lot with the sarc to heal them, but we don't know how the enzyme would effect the symbiote.

This raises another question for me... is it possible for a symbiote to take a wraith host?...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                      In answer to the question...that would depend on whether the enzyme would effect the symbiote in a weird way. Symbiotes can be tough and survive a lot with the sarc to heal them, but we don't know how the enzyme would effect the symbiote.

This raises another question for me... is it possible for a symbiote to take a wraith host?...
                      I would think that since a Goa'uld increases a human's strenght and resiliance it would seem that the Wraith might prefer feeding off of one then a normal human,unless of course your enzyme hypothesis does soemthing wierd.
                      Also I wonder what the effects on a Gou'ald are after several centuries of being preserved in a sarcouagus could have?

And I would assume a Goa'uld could take over a Wraith seeing as how they can take over an Unas. Unless a Wraiths mental abilities would make any differance.
                      Especially with a Full Wraith Queen.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

The sarcophagus has long term mental effects with prolonged use. If you recall when Sel'mak was prepared for implantation into Jacob Carter, it was stated that the symbiote might not be able to save Jacobs life. That could be a result of age or an overly taxed regenerative system, but long term survival from Wraith feeding seems doubtful.

Comment

I would also wonder that if a person could be revived by a sarcop if The Wraith fed on it to the fullest. Leaving only the emaciated skeletal remains.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                            I would also wonder that if a person could be revived by a sarcop if The Wraith fed on it to the fullest. Leaving only the emaciated skeletal remains.
                            It revived Apophis after he died, so maybe.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              I would think that since a Goa'uld increases a human's strenght and resiliance it would seem that the Wraith might prefer feeding off of one then a normal human,unless of course your enzyme hypothesis does soemthing wierd.
                              Also I wonder what the effects on a Gou'ald are after several centuries of being preserved in a sarcouagus could have?

And I would assume a Goa'uld could take over a Wraith seeing as how they can take over an Unas. Unless a Wraiths mental abilities would make any differance.
                              Especially with a Full Wraith Queen.
                              ... We know that the wraith emzyme makes humans stronger as it did with Ford, but would it react the same way with a symbiote? ...

Comment

Working...
                              X