Will Gabriel ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Gabriel ever return?

Yes, I know the whole incident with the Archangel Blade, but do you think he'll return

I really hope they bring him back. Gabriel was one of my favorite characters. Theoretically it should be possible to bring him back. Cas got killed by both Raphael and Lucifer, but God brought him back. It would be interesting to see if they bring him back later on this season to help deal with the war in Heaven. It would make sense since even though God wasn't shown as being actively involved last season, bringing Cas back twice shows that he was supporting Team Free Will. Bringing back the only Archangel that wants to save humanity would help level the playing field in the war upstairs, especially since Cas said things weren't going so well for his side.
    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

While I would love to see him again, I don't think they should bring him back. He made a choice, and stood up to his brother. He chose to back humanity, and fell. I say don't belittle that sacrifice.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think that they should bring him back. The second post on this thread had many good points, as did the third but if nothing else it would be an excuse to use the "Miss me?" line. I absolutely loved every Gabe episode, they were hilarious and meaningful. If there ever was a time to bring him back, it's now. You can imagine a hundred different ways for them to reintroduce him like,

*The Winchesters and Cas are in a hotel room when the door opens and a clown walks in*
        Cas: "Great to see you again."
        *Sam and Dean look at each other bewildered*

And it could go anywhere from there. You can replace "clown" with anything you want like "prostitute" or "Lucifer" or whathaveyou.

Why not take a couple minutes right now and try to think of a funny way to introduce Gabriel back into the show like I did above. You can post it here or keep it to yourself and think of it while you're at work some day and have a laugh. Heck, start a whole thread about it if you want! Have fun with it.
        Founding member and councilman of The League for the Empowerment of Villainous Inquisitor Laborers
        Also know as The League of EVIL.

Supporter of the philosophies and practices of the Alterans and the Asgard.
        Supporter of the Galactic Empire.
        Supporter of all of Dr. Nicholas Rush's methods throughout all of SGU so far.

"If you immediately know the candle light is fire, the meal was cooked long ago." -Oma Desala
        "The only moral way to change someone's mind...is to present evidence." -Alteran
        "We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate but most of all, freedom of will." -Alteran
        "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
        "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." -Einstein

Comment

I trust that nobody will quote me on this, but I swear I've read somewhere (have just done a quick scout of the Internet, can't find proof) that Gabriel will be returning in Season Six.

Correction: There has been talk in the writers room of bringing him back, but there is no clarification anywhere that he will actually be coming back. :/
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I would love to have him come back, but I can't really think of a way to bring him back that would make me happy withing the established framework.

When Cas was investigating the angel deaths, and all the times he had to kill other angels, he was clearly effected by it. That leads me to believe that angel death is a real and permanent thing (kinda like demon-death-by-Colt-or-Sam).

Gabriel died finally standing up for humanity and against his brother. That was pretty emotional and inspirational. As fifth said, him coming back would lessen the meaning of that gesture.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X