This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the different kinds of wraith

ok so so far we have seen two kind of wraith, the drones with no faces and the keepers that have faces and can talk. has there been any information given about the different kinds of wraith and if there are other types? presumably there is maybe a queen wraith, since they seem to be like bees with drones and such, pure assumption on y part. so any information on wraith biology other than the life sucking part. reproduction, types, etc.

I don't think there's only one Queen Wraith like with the Borg... each Wraith ship is a hive and every hive has a Queen, so there's got to be at least one on each of tose massive ships. The red haired Wraith in the pilot, did they specify what she was? I can't recall.

Comment

She was "The Keeper" who kept watch whilst the others slept.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        ok so so far we have seen two kind of wraith, the drones with no faces and the keepers that have faces and can talk. has there been any information given about the different kinds of wraith and if there are other types? presumably there is maybe a queen wraith, since they seem to be like bees with drones and such, pure assumption on y part. so any information on wraith biology other than the life sucking part. reproduction, types, etc.
        What about
        Spoiler:
        the yellow guy from 'The Defiant One' we've seen them a few times and I pursume they're a different level in the Hieachy?

Comment

what i wanta know is can they see in the dark cuz they have slit pupils like a crocodyle or cat or fox. and can they eat regular meat instead of energy?

Comment

Originally posted by sk8r^Ry
            what i wanta know is can they see in the dark cuz they have slit pupils like a crocodyle or cat or fox. and can they eat regular meat instead of energy?
            Well they had that buffet laid on in Rising, was that for them or just a surprising amount of hospitality for their food?

Comment

If you here you see there's a "Curator of the Feeding Grounds." Who on earth is the Curator? Steve's boss?

Comment

Haven't seent the ep yet, but the yellow Wraith they show in commericials has got to be the coolest-looking one of them all. I wish they all looked like that.

I really hate the way the faceless guys look. Just... ugh. They gotta redesign that.

Comment

there are THREE kinds of wraith:

the female/keeper (see Rising, part 2)
                  the males (Steve, the guy from Defiant one, ...)
                  the soldiers/hunters (the masked wraiths)

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave

yes, but has there been any indication given as to additional levels or castes? because it seems to me that there must be some kind of ruling or elite class that we havent seen yet. i think this because it seems like there is a pair of keepers per hive, a male and female, and a bunch of soldiers. but the keepers role is just to watch of those that are sleeping, and the soldiers arent very intelligent. so i think there must be a higher group, or maybe several higher groups that are asleep, because what is the point of their society if all those that are sleeping are soldiers, and how could they develop tech with out scientists and stuff? i think their society is probably a strictly caste society like the minbari from B5, with specialized forms of wraith for specific roles. anyone else think so?

Comment

Considering that the Wraith seem to use biological based technology, I'd say you're forgetting their ships and weapons. Those are probably also Wraith as well, just not the kind you'd normally think of.

If you've ever seen Lexx, that ship was a giant bug. Moya in Farscape was also a living ship. Since their technology seems to be based on biology, it would make alot of sense that they'd simply grow their weapons and ships instead of build them. That would allow them to hibernate while their ships build themselves.

This is just speculation at this point, but it seems pretty plausible.
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

During the Rising, after the demise of the caretaker, you see the Wraith awakening. These Wraith look awefully like the Steve-Level Wraith, not the drones.

DRONE [soldier]
                        NOBLE [Steve, Greg, Bob and Awakened Ones]
                        KEEPER [Red Haired Fiend]
                        Queen?

Comment

What I wanna know is can they make those distortions by their mind or is it via some kind of hand-held technology or do they need a base nearby to do that.

I think the wraith that John captured was making the distortions while he was in his cell, so i presume it's a mental thing. What do you think?
                          Godspeed, Don.

Comment

The wraith in 'The Defiant One' is wearing the same armour as the drones so is he just what they look like under the masks?

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                              During the Rising, after the demise of the caretaker, you see the Wraith awakening. These Wraith look awefully like the Steve-Level Wraith, not the drones.

DRONE [soldier]
                              NOBLE [Steve, Greg, Bob and Awakened Ones]
                              KEEPER [Red Haired Fiend]
                              Queen?
                              I think the Keeper is pretty much the same as a queen - there's just more than one
                              So far the only ones that were really interesting were the "nobles" - the drones are boring but that's not a big surprise - I'm hoping for a bit more keeper-stuff...
                              spoiler for "the gift"
                              Spoiler:

I think that Wraith scientist was a "noble" one as well - but maybe he wasn't? That would lead to that idea about specified Wraith for each thing they have to do...

Comment

Working...
                              X