Anubis+Worshipers=Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis+Worshipers=Power?

If Anubis was to get some worshipers somehow somewhere, wouldn't he get more power similar to the Ori got their power and overpower Oma?

Perhaps, but i imagine that you need a lot of worshippers worshipping for many hours a day to have any affect.

Comment

He couldn't do anything a regular old Goa'uld couldn't do, so no energy-draining like Ori.
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
        He couldn't do anything a regular old Goa'uld couldn't do, so no energy-draining like Ori.
        Anubis wasn't physically incapable of using ascended powers. As seen in Threads he was able to use ascended knowledge and powers. The rules were that he couldn't use those powers or the Ancients would step in, the whole thing was about punishing Oma not limiting Anubis.

So Anubis could gain power from worshipers just like the Ori. But from what I saw most of his followers merely capitulated out of fear and didn't really worship him to the extent of the Ori's followers.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
          Anubis wasn't physically incapable of using ascended powers. As seen in Threads he was able to use ascended knowledge and powers. The rules were that he couldn't use those powers or the Ancients would step in, the whole thing was about punishing Oma not limiting Anubis.

So Anubis could gain power from worshipers just like the Ori. But from what I saw most of his followers merely capitulated out of fear and didn't really worship him to the extent of the Ori's followers.
          no he was incapable of doing anything he couldn't normally do as Goa'uld. this pretty much excluded technology because he could have found some ancient tech and used that. i think they were referring to things such as making lightning etc.

Comment

No, Anubis was a fully ascended being that's Oma can't beat him but can only fight him for eternity, they are evenly matched.

The "only do anything he could as a normal goa'uld" stipulation means that he can go around using his powers even though he has them. As long as he just scavengers technology the Ancient will let him do whatever he wants in order to punish Oma. If he were to start going around shooting lightning and what not, then the Ancients would step in and deal with him.

Comment

I think the inital meaning of the question is this: Now that Oma and Anubis are engaged in battle, if his followers still worship him, wouldn't that tip the power struggle in his favor? I would think yes. It is my opinion that Ascended being (Ancient, Ori, Anubis) don't gain strictly from worship, but from belief in them being true gods. It is the belief that gives them their strength not the ammount of worship. That's my opinion though.
              Teal'c: You have been impregnated without copulation.
              Vala: Yes, and I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?
              Mitchell: Well, there's one.
              Teal'c: Darth Vader.

Comment

Working...
              X