This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game console

Hi. I'm thinking of getting a game console and I was wondering which one I should get. I'm gonna put down a couple of points about my requirements so that you can get a better idea:

I already have a PC
    I'll have loads of time during the summer and next year.
    I LOVE first person shooters where you have a mission to complete like get to the computer control room
    I like FPS where you just go around shooting the crap out of people.
    I LOVE games like Age of Empires where you have an aerial view and you control a whole civilisation, although that's more for PCs
    My brother likes racing games
    I have a brother and a sister who will be constantly playing multiplayer with me.
    I'm not a great fan of internet gaming.
    I'm not interested in hand-held consoles.
    I like good graphics
    Money is no object.

So, what do you think? PS2, Gamecube or X-Box?
    Godspeed, Don.

Based on what you said, X-Box...it has 4 controller ports, and quite a bit of FPS's with good graphics.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

If you want to play strategy games, do them on the PC.

Comment

I would agree with petzke and say X-box. But I should say this thread probably belongs in the off world section.

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
          I would agree with petzke and say X-box. But I should say this thread probably belongs in the off world section.
          Agree with the off-world section, but I say X-Box for what you want, but as money's no object buy yourself a GameCube too - they're mega-fun

Comment

Very true...if money is no object, buy them all (that's what I would do)

Comment

well, i always say XBOX but check out Phantom and follow it's development, it's like a pc, but in a small box

Comment

Haha...yeah, if it actually exists. It seems so infeasible (I think I spelled that wrong )...especially the part about dling games, in a time when games are getting to be gigabytes big. It's just not practical....but who knows...

Comment

I know I'm supposed to put things like this in the Off-world section. But, you don't get the post added to your post count if you do so and I'm pretty low on posts. Actually, that's the only reason I'm doing this response and the only reason I'm doing most responses...to increase my rank. It's a really good incentive to post. Usually, I would lurk and post only every now and then, but, when I do post I don't want to be just a larval symbiote, like.
                  Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                    Haha...yeah, if it actually exists. It seems so infeasible (I think I spelled that wrong )...especially the part about dling games, in a time when games are getting to be gigabytes big. It's just not practical....but who knows...
                    I am wrong. Apparently the Phantom was debuted at E3. Although it probably won't do to well if it actually starts to ship, I'm very interested asto actually HOW it is going to be implemented.

Comment

generally speaking, nintendo tend to make the most fun games. you get games like mario kart and zelda. you can also hook up your gameboy to it, but i understand that you aren't into handheld gaming so.... you can get a thing called the "gameboy player", i think its called, that you attach to the bottom of the gamecube and you can just insert gameboy cartridges into it and play them on your television.

the PS2 is brilliant, but for more than 2 players you need a multitap, where both the GC and the X-Box have 4 controllers . and it is getting very slightly dated, but its still managing to keep up. plus as far as i can tell, transformers is only available on ps2.

the x-box is supposed to be the most powerful. it has a hard drive with 50,000+ blocks of memory, so you don't need a memory card, unlike the PS2 and the GC. it is probably the best in terms of advancement and power. plus you can copy your cds onto its hard drive too.

the ps2 can play cd's and dvd's. x-box can too, but you need the dvd kit before you can play dvd's on it. the game cube is just a games console.

as for racing games. steering wheels are available for all consoles. you can get force feedback ones for both ps2 and gamecube. ps2 wheel has pedals, GC wheel has paddles. x-box, well the only one i've seen is one thats a replica of the williams f1 teams wheel, with pedals and a gear box (very F1 ), i'm not 100% sure if thats force feedback, it does apparently have vibration, i don't have that one yet though so i can't tell you if its better than the others.

very few games are exclusive to ps2, so check out what games are available for what consoles, and how many each one has exclusive to it.

i think the only one you can't get a gun for is the GC, but i could be wrong about that.
                      so the real question is, which one will the stargate game be coming out on? see, i brought it around to stargate so its not an off topic thread!

hope this was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        plus as far as i can tell, transformers is only available on ps2.
                        *Sigh* married yet??

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                          *Sigh* married yet??
                          nope. but i'm kinda scared right now

what can i say. i likes me 'puter games.

Comment

ooh. i don't think i put this in my original post, and i'm too damn lazy to check.

you may notice that the game cube section in computer game shops is becoming smaller and smaller, and in other shops is non existent. this apparently is because nintendo is going the way of sega. apparently they are expected to go out of business fairly soon, which is a shame because they do make good stuff.

Comment

Wow.....I don't know about that............

Don't be scared.....wait, yeah, be scared.

Tranformers rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X