Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I think that our length of time together on Destiny may be shorter than you think."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I think that our length of time together on Destiny may be shorter than you think."

This is what Rush says to Young in "Darkness", when the Colone speaks to Rush about being kept in the loop. This line has been bugging me lately as I still can't work out what Rush means. Young follows with a query of who could help him, which has nothing to do with what Rush said, and there does not seem to be an event later in which is being foreshadowed here.

Anyone have any ideas?

... It refers to everyone dying due to the lack of power/crashing into a star...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      ... It refers to everyone dying due to the lack of power/crashing into a star...
      ^ That.
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Are you saying that Rush in the show somehow knew the show was going to end!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          How's that possible? That was a lot of hours before Rush could knew about the new course, which navigates Destiny into the sun. It was even before anybody knew about the aerobraking manoeuvre to slow the ship down. So, how could he know?

It sounds for me more like a despaired attempt to calm down Young, and maybe himself. And who knows, maybe even Rush experienced at this point a moment of panic. He was not in a good condition at that point of the story.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            How's that possible? That was a lot of hours before Rush could knew about the new course, which navigates Destiny into the sun. It was even before anybody knew about the aerobraking manoeuvre to slow the ship down. So, how could he know?

It sounds for me more like a despaired attempt to calm down Young, and maybe himself. And who knows, maybe even Rush experienced at this point a moment of panic. He was not in a good condition at that point of the story.
            You're correct of course. I think at that point it was more of a, "We're running out of power and will die a slow cold death in space" sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
              when the Colone speaks to Rush
              I'm sorry, but when I read that, all I could visualise was this:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Sllimy View Post

Spoiler:
                Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                  This is what Rush says to Young in "Darkness", when the Colone speaks to Rush about being kept in the loop. This line has been bugging me lately as I still can't work out what Rush means. Young follows with a query of who could help him, which has nothing to do with what Rush said, and there does not seem to be an event later in which is being foreshadowed here.

Anyone have any ideas?
                  It is an interesting line, isn't it? It could be just their course, or the failing life support, but there's something more threatening in it, isn't there? At least, if I were Young, I would hear the threat in it. Last ditch flailing, hoping to poke a finger in Young's eye while he still can? Who knows, but it's interesting to think that perhaps Rush was plotting even then to oust Young, if he could - first with using the stones and putting himself in charge and later, with the events of Justice. There'll be no way to know now, of course
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                    Love it!
                    I think theres a whole new series here...

Comment

I think theres a whole new series here...
                      I don't trust that cologne. I think it's been brainwashed. Maybe it's releasing a pheromone that will also brainwash the crew. Why else would someone bring it with them? Maybe that's how Scott is such a lady's man.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Ah, the joys of misspelling due to typing on an iPod...

I definitely hear a threat in there somewhere. But you're right; Rush was in a pretty bad state then and he is probably just trying to get Young off his back.

I love how Rush's lines and facial expressions are so ambiguous.

Comment

He is one of the best actors i know for being that way..

Comment

Working...
                          X