PDA

View Full Version : Should Teal'c sue the SGC?

The6thRace
December 23rd, 2010, 07:00 AM
I think Teal'c has grounds for a good lawsuit. He sat in a chair to play a game and nearly died. There was no reason for Dr. Lee to treat Teal'c that way and yet it happened anyway. He claims a failsafe failed, but how could the chair function so perfectly except for a crucial failsafe? He also lost many years of his life aboard the Odyssey due to unforseen circumstances. SGC personnel (Sam Carter) promised they would have the problem fixed but Teal'c still ended up losing many years of his life. When he was captured by the enemy while trying to rescue his son Ryak, O'Neill refused to help him, even saying, 'Yes, we are just going to sit here (and watch him suffer)'. SGC personnel were responsible for his safety but waited an entire day to help him. There was no reason for them to wait, they could of set the explosives on the ship but they didn't. Teal'c has had to endure a lot over the year, and although he volunteered for the SGC, he has had to suffer many indignities due to the circumstances mentioned. When Teal'c moved off the base, he was quickly framed so that he would have to return to the SGC and stay there the rest of his life, despite all he has done for Earth.

Teal'c is not perfect, he has killed many innocent people during his time with Apophis. But he deserves restitution for the injustices done to him.

morrismike
December 23rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
I think Teal'c has grounds for a good lawsuit. He sat in a chair to play a game and nearly died. There was no reason for Dr. Lee to treat Teal'c that way and yet it happened anyway. He claims a failsafe failed, but how could the chair function so perfectly except for a crucial failsafe? He also lost many years of his life aboard the Odyssey due to unforseen circumstances. SGC personnel (Sam Carter) promised they would have the problem fixed but Teal'c still ended up losing many years of his life. When he was captured by the enemy while trying to rescue his son Ryak, O'Neill refused to help him, even saying, 'Yes, we are just going to sit here (and watch him suffer)'. SGC personnel were responsible for his safety but waited an entire day to help him. There was no reason for them to wait, they could of set the explosives on the ship but they didn't. Teal'c has had to endure a lot over the year, and although he volunteered for the SGC, he has had to suffer many indignities due to the circumstances mentioned. When Teal'c moved off the base, he was quickly framed so that he would have to return to the SGC and stay there the rest of his life, despite all he has done for Earth.

Teal'c is not perfect, he has killed many innocent people during his time with Apophis. But he deserves restitution for the injustices done to him.
Are you serious? We liberated his people and he will forever be loyal to us (unlike TPTB).

chrono trigger
December 23rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
agreed.

Flyboy
December 23rd, 2010, 07:09 AM

You know that tiny little voice?

You know... the one that jumps up and down and shouts (in your case, should probably scream) that you should probably think about what's coming out of your mouth, or in this case... keyboard...?

No?

Didn't think so.

syfygyrl
December 23rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I don't think Teal'c even knows what a lawyer is. And besides, most everyone in the SGC is friend's with him.

J-Whitt Remastered
December 23rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Even if he wanted to, which he doesn't, the military makes you sign paperwork that says you can't sue them for a penny for anything that happens to you while your in. Technically, Teal'c isn't military, but he is a volunteer, just like the service members that are part of the SGC. I see no reason why he wouldn't have also had to sign documents.

morrismike
December 23rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Even if he wanted to, which he doesn't, the military makes you sign paperwork that says you can't sue them for a penny for anything that happens to you while your in. Technically, Teal'c isn't military, but he is a volunteer, just like the service members that are part of the SGC. I see no reason why he wouldn't have also had to sign documents.

not to mention, todd is getting pretty hungry right about no and they need to feed him somebody

Duneknight
December 23rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Are you serious? We liberated his people and he will forever be loyal to us (unlike TPTB).

Hahahaha colonial mentality.

blueray
December 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
as said he choose to volunteer and is freinds with most of the sgc. the only thing he does have a little reason to be upset is that it took them what 8 years to let him live off the base? at the same that ep shows what could happen.

Darren VanBuren
December 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
He certainly has grounds, but he's not going to attempt to sue a top secret government operation.. That's not going to be too easy... Not only would his lawyer not be able to know anything, which in that case, he wouldn't be able to know about Teal'c even.

So the logic that he should sue the SGC is completely non-existent.

As everyone has stated, Teal'c loves the members of the SGC. He wouldn't sue them.

Tanith0709
December 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Would love to see Teal'c trying to take the SGC to court. Its not like he is an alien and the SGC is a top secret organisation or anything.

hedwig
December 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM

He was there of his own free will. He didn't have to stay on earth or with the SGC. He could have left at any time had he wanted to. He also knew the risks and dangers of what he had volunteered for ... just like the rest of the people at the SGC.

And if he deserves restitution, so does everyone else working at the SGC, and so do the family members of all those who have died while assigned to the SGC.

Clandestine
December 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
Why do some people believe lawsuits are the answer to everything? :zelenka26:

jelgate
December 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Why do some people believe lawsuits are the answer to everything? :zelenka26:

Because they are.

I'm sueing for not believing in lawsuits

escyos
December 23rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Because they are.

I'm sueing for not believing in lawsuits

I'm sueing you for sueing someone for not believing in lawsuits.

The6thRace
December 23rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Well, if he sued the SGC and won he could retire off world. He is already older than Bra'tac right now, and Bra'tac always complained about his years being his final years. I'm sure he is ready to retire. This is a way where he can get the money he needs to live off world for his twilight years. It is true that he is on good terms with the SGC, but I just think he is feeling guilty for all the crimes he comitted while serving Apophis. He probably feel like he doesn't deserve the money or it would make him look bad to sue the SGC.

I'm sure a supreme court judge could set up a secret lawsuit given the secrecy of the SGC in order to maintain the national security issues. While he is an alien, he has the support of the President and Generals Landry and O'Neill. I think they would stand up for him, and the president might even grant him some special rights to legally sue the United States Air Force. We know Mister Woolsey would represent Teal'c in any legal affair, as Woolsey likes Tealc.

Tanith0709
December 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
This is a way where he can get the money he needs to live off world for his twilight years.
What money would they give him? I don't think other worlds accept Dollars.

Skarmory
December 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Well, if you wanted to play it that way, all of SG-1 could probably find plenty of grounds on which to file lawsuits. I mean, how many times has Daniel DIED, for cryin' out loud? But when you're part of a rather elite and top-secret military organization, I doubt that even crosses your mind. Ever heard of an occupational hazard? Part of being an SGC member...plus, they're the lucky ones that are still alive to tell their stories.

lordofseas
December 23rd, 2010, 04:45 PM

I deserve restitution for having to waste 30 seconds of my precious life having to scan the contents of this post, and having to reply to it. But will I get any? No.

gotthammer
December 23rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
:lol:

Duneknight
December 24th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I deserve restitution for having to waste 30 seconds of my precious life having to scan the contents of this post, and having to reply to it. But will I get any? No.

really thats harsh, he has a point and its not too weird to ask that question.

hart37
December 24th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Why sue when you could leak documents to wikileaks ;)
When asked why he did it Teal'c can just say they should have treated him better

The Mighty 6 platoon
December 24th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Why sue when you could leak documents to wikileaks ;)
When asked why he did it Teal'c can just say they should have treated him better

And then enjoy his future career as wraith fodder.

lordofseas
December 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM
really thats harsh, he has a point and its not too weird to ask that question.

It's not harsh at all.

Really? What's so harsh about it. It's a ridiculous question. Teal'c volunteered for half of the things mentioned. He did it of his own volition. And besides, what is Teal'c going to do with Tau'ri money? It's USELESS to him, he lives on Chulak! I reiterate, it's a ridiculous question.

The6thRace
December 24th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I don't mind. Another thing is Teal'c shameful title that he must endure among the Jaffa, "Teal'c of the Tau'ri." Teal'c can no longer be known as Jaffa among his people, and he instead referred to as "Teal'c of the Tau'ri." This is probably painful for Teal'c, as he has first had to endure the title of Shoulvah, and now this. He is not of the Tau'ri, he is of the Jaffa. He fought hard for the Jaffa but is associated forever with the Tau'ri. But among the Tau'ri he cannot be himself. Teal'c is trapped in a sort of limbo of identity, not able to escape to either reality. If he could get some money, it would at least help so he could buy himself a new life.

Lucycat
December 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I think Tealc is the least materialistic person on the show. He endured everything for the ultimate freedom of his people, not for his own gain, or for glory. I don't think he ever planned to stay on Earth forever. I think he would eventually return to his people of the free Jaffa or with his son, and possibly get back with his lover, Ishta.

Fan-e-Gate
December 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
He knew i was a dangerous job going in, just like everyone in the Armed Services. That's what hazard pay is all about.