PDA

View Full Version : Questions you've always wondered about but never asked or found answers

Mulder1975
December 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
Questions you've always wondered about but never asked or found answers to:

Well I saw this somewhere else and I thought it would be a good idea for here. There have been a few things that have bugged me and I have decided to share. I'll add more as I think of them.
---
How did Apophis dial back when he got to Earth in COTG?
Why did he go to Earth? Why did he go along with the expedition?
---
Why didn't they ever collect all the weapons that were always left lying around once they killed all the Jaffa? In "Enemy Mine" Daniel explained that they use naquadah in the weapons, but they also have a powerful power source. Not to mention their standing orders were to gather advanced alien tech. If for nothing else they could have melted them down or used to parts.
---
If Naquahdah enhances explosions then why didn't the gate blow up all those times? Thor's ship etc...And if the gate can survive a ship explosion then why didn't the one on Aphopis's/Klorel's ship survive?
Furthermore it was pretty clear that Daniel waited until the last possible second to gate out of that ship, just before it exploded, so how did Apophis and Klorel escape? And why don't the staff weapons explode if they're made of naquahdah?
---
When all the Replicators were called back to that planet by the Asgard, why they just didn't blow up the entire planet since they were all gathered there.
---
In the episode 2001 they leave the ambassador on the planet with the Ashen. What happened to him? Died? unlikely considering the Ashen weren't savage. I'm guessing he was either locked away or put to work on a farm somewhere.
But what about when the SGC get Asgard beaming technology (and Asgard sensors), couldn't they have gone to the Ashen planet and beamed up some useful tech? Surely they could've followed up 2010 and 2001 with another storyline? Why didn't they go back to rescue the ambassador? (poor fella)
---
At the end of Wormhole Xtreme Jack says to Tanner "You officially owe me one". So why didn't he ever collect? Or why didn't Tanner pay him back (it could've been in the form of a package dropped off)?
---
I was wondering if someone knew what screensaver they use on their computer, in particular Daniel's PC. I noticed it in more than one episode (continuity ftw).
---
They used to jump out of the Stargate like it was a rough-as-guts ride. What ever happened to that? Now they just casually walk through. Some of the old episodes they had ice/water on their faces.
---
in The Curse, Osiris wants to know the location of the Stargate (chappa'ai anyone?) but then pulls out a ship. Why bother with the Stargate? And why didn't she call it a chappa'ai?
---
Why didn't they ever go back to the planet of Lt Tyler (The Fifth Man)? The episode indicated he was alright at the end.
---
Here's a big goof: In the movie the gate shakes everything a lot. In the episode Solitudes they detect the second gate because of the shake. General Hammond says the reason they don't feel the shake in the base anymore is because they did something to stop it (frequency dampeners or something). So why doesn't all the other gates shake everything when not at the base? Eg. the episode 1969 et al.
---
When Daniel tries to stop Anubis and Omar stops him, Anubis says it wasn't him. Why did he do that? He could've used it to convince everyone he is indeed all-powerful. And for that matter how did Omar stop him? Didn't they have the same power? Or was her mojo bigger than his?
---
In episode Abyss how do you suppose Jack O'Neill escaped from Ba'al's secret planet? He couldn't have had his GDO with him and General Hammond wasn't keen on letting SG-1 rescue him. So what happened? How did he get back to the SGC?
---
Did the Alpha/Beta sites ever have iris's? It would make sense to have one.
---
If Anubis had access to Tollan technology or was impervious to it, why didn't he ever use the phase shifting tech? Why didn't he ever bother trying to learn what they know?
---
That asteroid that almost collided with Earth had a **** load of Naquahdah in it. Why didn't they try to mine this, or at least present an explanation for why they couldn't get it? And it's not like they completely forgot about the episode, the asteroid was mentioned again. Why didn't they try to mine the asteroids that they got this one from? So much naquahdah...
---
The planet where Bra'tac and Teal'c's son were imprisoned had an energy forcefield like the SGC's iris. Who put it there, why was it only there and not elsewhere? I found this one weird. Surely there were other planets more worthy of a shield to protect them?
---
So who were the aliens in the episode Grace?
---
In the episode "Fallout" they get into the drill with a Goa'uld who they don't trust, but they are armed. All of them are operating the drill. Why didn't they take someone else to specifically watch over the Goa'uld?
---
In Window of Opportunity, whatsisname said he traded a lot of stuff for the shield generator. Why didn't SG-1 try to find out where he got it? Why didn't they try to trade him for it? They should have tried to get one, since their standing orders are to acquire advanced alien tech...
---
How is it everyone speaks specifically English? Why not French or even ancient Egyptian? English wasn't invented till much later in Earth's history (after the Goa'uld left). Not only that, but it's a mish mash of other languages.
---
How is it that Thor's ship explodes and takes out every replicator bar one, but the stargate is fully intact? Shouldn't it explode? It's made of naquahdah right?
---
Why are Ha'taks tetrahedrons (3 sidedpyramid plus base) when the pyramids at Giza, Aydos, and everywhere else have been quadrilateral pyramids (4 sided plus base)? How the heck does a 3 sided ship land on a 4 sided pyramid?
---
Why didn't Carter use the healing device that they had? Or the hand device? Clearly she was able and it would've come in handy.
---
When the heck did the SGC gain access to a Trinium mine.
---
Ok how about this one, it has been something that has bothered me for a VERY long time. How does the whole wormhole gate dialing technology work? Does it send a subspace signal to the receiving gate? What signal or communication does it send that notifies the receiving gate that the sending gate wants to form a connection?
Also, I noticed that the receiving gate's chevrons light up when they are connecting, but there must be more than one gate with the same symbols, how does it know which one to connect to until it finishes the dialing? And it's not like it waits for the full address and then dials, it looks like it goes at the same time. So how does it know? Do, like, 5 receiving gates light up but then one by one they drop off until only one is left and it connects? And it's not like they enter the full address before it lights up. Anyone got an answer? Have I made a mistake? (I don't think so but maybe I didn't explain it properly)
---
I love how the stargate knows when to wait for the last person and when to shut down. So many times the gate stays active until the last person steps through, sometimes it cuts out just as the last person barely walks through. It's like the magical Star Trek doors, which know when to open/close and when to stay closed/open when someone gets too close. This one has always bugged me (on both shows) as it seems so damn convenient and they never made fun of it in the 100th or 200th episodes.
---Thanks

SaberBlade
December 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
Explained in Contiuum.

It was his job to pick new hosts and probably wanted to try Earth again as the Goa'uld tried every so often.

Why didn't they ever collect all the weapons that were always left lying around once they killed all the Jaffa? In "Enemy Mine" Daniel explained that they use naquadah in the weapons, but they also have a powerful power source. Not to mention their standing orders were to gather advanced alien tech. If for nothing else they could have melted them down or used to parts.
We don't know that they didn't.

If Naquahdah enhances explosions then why didn't the gate blow up all those times? Thor's ship etc...And if the gate can survive a ship explosion then why didn't the one on Aphopis's/Klorel's ship survive?
The stargate absorbs energy. It would only explode if too much is absorbed so those explosions didn't affect the gate.

Furthermore it was pretty clear that Daniel waited until the last possible second to gate out of that ship, just before it exploded, so how did Apophis and Klorel escape? And why don't the staff weapons explode if they're made of naquahdah?
Cargo ship, Alkesh, got to the Stargate first.

When all the Replicators were called back to that planet by the Asgard, why they just didn't blow up the entire planet since they were all gathered there.
They may have disabled the bomb, had shields that could survive the explosion, or the if they attacked, could have left the planet.

In the episode 2001 they leave the ambassador on the planet with the Ashen. What happened to him? Died? unlikely considering the Ashen weren't savage. I'm guessing he was either locked away or put to work on a farm somewhere.
Was never explained what happened.

But what about when the SGC get Asgard beaming technology (and Asgard sensors), couldn't they have gone to the Ashen planet and beamed up some useful tech? Surely they could've followed up 2010 and 2001 with another storyline? Why didn't they go back to rescue the ambassador? (poor fella)
The Aschen were able to stop the Goa'uld in the other timeline. The Aschen could have had weapons capable of destroying any ship.

At the end of Wormhole Xtreme Jack says to Tanner "You officially owe me one". So why didn't he ever collect? Or why didn't Tanner pay him back (it could've been in the form of a package dropped off)?
He never came back to Earth.

They used to jump out of the Stargate like it was a rough-as-guts ride. What ever happened to that? Now they just casually walk through. Some of the old episodes they had ice/water on their faces.
Was explained early on. Was just a matter of making improvements to their computers.

in The Curse, Osiris wants to know the location of the Stargate (chappa'ai anyone?) but then pulls out a ship. Why bother with the Stargate? And why didn't she call it a chappa'ai?
They tend to say Stargate when speaking in English, at least later on when the Goa'uld were speaking more English. Why bother with the gate, well if you want to conquer a planet, the gate is the best option.

Why didn't they ever go back to the planet of Lt Tyler (The Fifth Man)? The episode indicated he was alright at the end.
He went home, SG1 never knew where it was.

Here's a big goof: In the movie the gate shakes everything a lot. In the episode Solitudes they detect the second gate because of the shake. General Hammond says the reason they don't feel the shake in the base anymore is because they did something to stop it (frequency dampeners or something). So why doesn't all the other gates shake everything when not at the base? Eg. the episode 1969 et al.
1969 they did a manual dial and moved the gate themselves, so no shaking and Solitudes, the gate was surrounded for a few thousand years by ice so the shaking was a side effect so it wasn't secured and any rapid movement caused snaking.

When Daniel tries to stop Anubis and Omar stops him, Anubis says it wasn't him. Why did he do that? He could've used it to convince everyone he is indeed all-powerful. And for that matter how did Omar stop him? Didn't they have the same power? Or was her mojo bigger than his?
Oma is more powerful, or at least more experienced. As for not taking credit, Anubis doesn't need to take credit for other peoples acts.

In episode Abyss how do you suppose Jack O'Neill escaped from Ba'al's secret planet? He couldn't have had his GDO with him and General Hammond wasn't keen on letting SG-1 rescue him. So what happened? How did he get back to the SGC?
Alpha Site, or a Tok'ra planet.

Not a first, but eventually they did.

If Anubis had access to Tollan technology or was impervious to it, why didn't he ever use the phase shifting tech? Why didn't he ever bother trying to learn what they know?
Anubis had shields powerful enough to stop Tollan weapons, but not their technology. They still needed them to make them under threat of destruction

That asteroid that almost collided with Earth had a **** load of Naquahdah in it. Why didn't they try to mine this, or at least present an explanation for why they couldn't get it? And it's not like they completely forgot about the episode, the asteroid was mentioned again. Why didn't they try to mine the asteroids that they got this one from? So much naquahdah...
We don't know that they didn't

The planet where Bra'tac and Teal'c's son were imprisoned had an energy forcefield like the SGC's iris. Who put it there, why was it only there and not elsewhere? I found this one weird. Surely there were other planets more worthy of a shield to protect them?
There were other planets, such as the planet Apophis was building his new mothership (SG1 had the armbands). Pointless to put them onto planets you expect a lot of gate activity

We don't know

In the episode "Fallout" they get into the drill with a Goa'uld who they don't trust, but they are armed. All of them are operating the drill. Why didn't they take someone else to specifically watch over the Goa'uld?
The emotions of her host affected her.

In Window of Opportunity, whatsisname said he traded a lot of stuff for the shield generator. Why didn't SG-1 try to find out where he got it? Why didn't they try to trade him for it? They should have tried to get one, since their standing orders are to acquire advanced alien tech...
They can't go around trying to pick up items at the intergalactic Walmart.

How is it everyone speaks specifically English? Why not French or even ancient Egyptian? English wasn't invented till much later in Earth's history (after the Goa'uld left). Not only that, but it's a mish mash of other languages.
Because it's an American show.

How is it that Thor's ship explodes and takes out every replicator bar one, but the stargate is fully intact? Shouldn't it explode? It's made of naquahdah right?
Already answered

Why are Ha'taks tetrahedrons (3 sidedpyramid plus base) when the pyramids at Giza, Aydos, and everywhere else have been quadrilateral pyramids (4 sided plus base)? How the heck does a 3 sided ship land on a 4 sided pyramid?
You know what, I have never noticed that before. However, the Goa'uld weren't the only ones to use pyramids. Maybe they didn't build the ones at Giza.

Why didn't Carter use the healing device that they had? Or the hand device? Clearly she was able and it would've come in handy.
Because the stuff SGC use are weapons of war. A p90 to the face at long distance does more damage than standing over a guy for 30 seconds while you turn his brain into an omelette.

From the Native America tribe and their "Spirits" in the episode Spirits.

How does the whole wormhole gate dialing technology work? Does it send a subspace signal to the receiving gate? What signal or communication does it send that notifies the receiving gate that the sending gate wants to form a connection?
Well sometimes it lights up slow, like one a symbol is being pressed at a time. Other times it's faster. Who is to say that it going faster isn't the gate just catching up.

I love how the stargate knows when to wait for the last person and when to shut down. So many times the gate stays active until the last person steps through, sometimes it cuts out just as the last person barely walks through
Normally someone walks through, then it starts to shut down, but it's not until the very last second that someone else jumps in. as episodes went on, we saw how the SGC was able to turn the gate off as soon as everyone was in, so it's not just an issue of a gate turning off, but the SGC cutting the connection

Pharaoh Atem
December 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
why does jack get cranky at the end of his tenture at the sgc

lordofseas
December 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM

We hear the gate dialling. We see in Continuum that Apophis has a remote dialler.
He gets to choose his own wife's body.

Naquadah is the power source. And the SG teams have to remain unencumbered in case they are set upon.

Gates are made of naquadah, but a stable form. If it was made of the raw naquadah, a simple current would make Earth go boom.

There could potentially be time.

We see that the staff weapons' naquadah is encased in something. We also don't know if liquid naquadah acts like solid naquadah.

Because something could potentially survive. Nothing survives a black hole.

We do not know. He could have been killed or imprisoned, but like many things, it is unanswerable.

Because the Aschen have starship, and going into their Confederation's territory would have alerted them to our interest in their area.

Wormhole X-treme and 200 are not canon.

I was wondering if someone knew what screensaver they use on their computer, in particular Daniel's PC. I noticed it in more than one episode (continuity ftw).

No.

Canonically, miscalculations due to the lack of knowledge about the Stargate led them to later fix the problems, so that there would be no stumbling and no condensation on their bodies.

In terms of speed, what is quicker? A stargate or Osiris' ship?

That was not his planet. It is presumed he dialled his home planet. It is mentioned that his species is considering burying the Stargate.

The off-world gates are on a pedastal of sorts, and they usually look remarkably similar, to the point of the assumption that the Ancients or Goa'uld placed them there. Time-travel episodes are full of goofs. They constantly confuse me.

Her name's Oma. To answer, dramatic build up. Immediately after, he blows up a freaking planet. SG-1 and Rodney beat him, but let's ignore that. We do not know how Oma stopped him, but presumably by engaging in short battle with Daniel, then letting him realize who he was fighting, stopping and letting them talk about what happened.

Alpha Site, interception of an off-world team, various ways.

Unknown. Most likely, by now.

Because Anubis had access to much superior technology, that of the Ancients.

It has not been shown that the SGC or HWC can make an asteroidal mining base. Beside that fact, the SGC already has an offworld naquadah mine. An that Asteroid won't be going out of the system for a while, and it might even become a moon or something.

Presumably Apophis. Apophis, like all Goa'uld, was zealous of his technology. It is extremely unlikely he would have shared, and he would safeguard his most important planets.

Who do you think?

Well, all of them were operating the drill for a reason. They all needed to be.

What are they going to give to him of value?

Plot convenience. I would not like to spend all 42 minutes watching SG-1 attempt to understand their language.

How does a 3 sided ship land on a mountain? But it did. It can be assumed that clamps come out of the hollow bottom and secure the ship to the platform.

She did.

Off-episode.

Ok how about this one, it has been something that has bothered me for a VERY long time. How does the whole wormhole gate dialing technology work? Does it send a subspace signal to the receiving gate? What signal or communication does it send that notifies the receiving gate that the sending gate wants to form a connection?
Also, I noticed that the receiving gate's chevrons light up when they are connecting, but there must be more than one gate with the same symbols, how does it know which one to connect to until it finishes the dialing? And it's not like it waits for the full address and then dials, it looks like it goes at the same time. So how does it know? Do, like, 5 receiving gates light up but then one by one they drop off until only one is left and it connects? And it's not like they enter the full address before it lights up. Anyone got an answer? Have I made a mistake? (I don't think so but maybe I didn't explain it properly)

While it looks like it, the Stargate, when recieving a wormhole, rotates. While it does not look like it, it is presumably after they've dialled. Assuming that the dialling gate opens the one end of the wormhole earlier than the other end.

I love how the stargate knows when to wait for the last person and when to shut down. So many times the gate stays active until the last person steps through, sometimes it cuts out just as the last person barely walks through. It's like the magical Star Trek doors, which know when to open/close and when to stay closed/open when someone gets too close. This one has always bugged me (on both shows) as it seems so damn convenient and they never made fun of it in the 100th or 200th episodes.

At the SGC, they can shut down the gate manually by disconnecting the power. Off-base, a reasonable explanation could be that if the Stargate detects nothing going through, and nothing else coming through, then the gate automatically shuts off.

There are literally thousands of threads at Gateworld dealing with many, if not all, of these questions. Please feel free to peruse them.

blueray
December 21st, 2010, 12:22 PM
i've always wondered what happened to various characters they rescued (like the kid from the episode "the light".)'

and of course what happened to jonas after his planet was attacked by the ori.

SaberBlade
December 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
why does jack get cranky at the end of his tenture at the sgc

Because he didn't get that USS Enterprise he always wanted.

i've always wondered what happened to various characters they rescued (like the kid from the episode "the light".)'

and of course what happened to jonas after his planet was attacked by the ori.

The kid fom The Light went to rehab, met Lindsay Lohan and lets just say it wasn't a nice outcome. As for Jonas, I think, but don't quote me on this, something about Jonas' home planet is being talked about in SGU when it returns.

dipsofjazz
December 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM

You can find Daniel's screensaver here. (http://versaphile.com/fanwork/sg/egypt.html)

Glexn
December 22nd, 2010, 09:40 PM
I've always wondered why in The Fifth Race, season 2, Carter is trapped on the hot planet. The SGC dials up the planet when SG1 is overdue to report, and Carter says through the MALP that she can't dial the gate to get home from their end, because the DHD is broken. If the SGC dials up the planet and has an active wormhole they can communicate through, then why didn't she just walk through it instead of staying on the death planet? Then, she says they'll try manually dialing, and the SGC hangs up. The SGC calls Carter's hot death planet again, establishes an active wormhole, and she says they can't dial home because the gate is stuck.

She says she can't get back to the SGC, even though she knows for a fact that she's looking right at a wormhole that leads home.

I've watched the episode twice today, trying to find out where it's explained, and even looked up the script. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger, more glaring plot hole.

VampyreWraith
December 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM
I've always wondered why in The Fifth Race, season 2, Carter is trapped on the hot planet. The SGC dials up the planet when SG1 is overdue to report, and Carter says through the MALP that she can't dial the gate to get home from their end, because the DHD is broken. If the SGC dials up the planet and has an active wormhole they can communicate through, then why didn't she just walk through it instead of staying on the death planet? Then, she says they'll try manually dialing, and the SGC hangs up. The SGC calls Carter's hot death planet again, establishes an active wormhole, and she says they can't dial home because the gate is stuck.

She says she can't get back to the SGC, even though she knows for a fact that she's looking right at a wormhole that leads home.

I've watched the episode twice today, trying to find out where it's explained, and even looked up the script. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger, more glaring plot hole.

you can only go one way through an open wormhole.(through the side that dials)

Add: only certain things like radio signals and such can go both ways

General Jumper One
December 23rd, 2010, 05:25 AM
you can only go one way through an open wormhole.(through the side that dials)

Add: only certain things like radio signals and such can go both ways

and gravity

Fan-e-Gate
December 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
How did Anubis escape from that Russian who he was inhabiting at the time if he was on an ice planet? :anubis:

Lucycat
December 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM

This issue was explained very early on in Season 1. Wormholes are only one-way. If the SGC dials the planet, the SGC can go through, or send supplies to the planet, but those individuals ON the planet can not go back to Earth through the same wormhole. Those on the planet must find a way to send an out-going wormhole through the Stargate from the planet back to the SGC in order for them to get home. Hope this makes sense!!

SaberBlade
December 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
How did Anubis escape from that Russian who he was inhabiting at the time if he was on an ice planet? :anubis:

Anubis was non corporeal. All he needed to do, was visit the Ascended plane and return wherever he wants. However, the body could have survived long enough to turn around, dial the gate and for Anubis to leave.

blueray
December 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
not really a question but i was watching death knell and jacob seems to do most of the talking. wouldn't salmack go talk to the tok'ra after they lied to the tuar'i?

Fan-e-Gate
December 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Anubis was non corporeal. All he needed to do, was visit the Ascended plane and return wherever he wants. However, the body could have survived long enough to turn around, dial the gate and for Anubis to leave.
Could have, but at the end they showed him to be frozen solid. And the point of sending him to Hoth (or wherever) was to keep him trapped in that frozen body.

Then again it's just another plot hole, I guess.

Lucycat
December 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
not really a question but i was watching death knell and jacob seems to do most of the talking. wouldn't salmack go talk to the tok'ra after they lied to the tuar'i?

Well...Jacob/Selmack are the same... Selmack wouldn't have to take over like the Gou'ld do with their hosts. But perhaps is was Selmack... it was established that the Tok'ra/Gou'ld can talk in the same voice as the host... the amplifying of the voice and the glowy eyes is for intimidation purposes.

Lucycat
December 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Could have, but at the end they showed him to be frozen solid. And the point of sending him to Hoth (or wherever) was to keep him trapped in that frozen body.

Then again it's just another plot hole, I guess.

I thought the point was they were sending Anubis to a desolate world where there would be no life forms for him to transfer over to, or no ships to orbit in space. I don't think it mattered if the body was frozen, he was just energy, he could float out, but on the frozen world he'd have no place to go, or so they thought! He got out of there somehow! :)

Merricles
December 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I just bought the box set and noticed that there are 2 episodes in season 2 that are out of order. Holiday and Serpents Song. They are both on the correct dvd, however they are out of order as Holiday is first in the series and Serpents Song was the episode following that. Are all the SG1 dvd sets of S2 this way?

General Jumper One
December 30th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I just bought the box set and noticed that there are 2 episodes in season 2 that are out of order. Holiday and Serpents Song. They are both on the correct dvd, however they are out of order as Holiday is first in the series and Serpents Song was the episode following that. Are all the SG1 dvd sets of S2 this way?

I never noticed that, but I have the complete series box set, and I am not home so I can't verify if mine is in the incorrect order, will get back to this.

Merricles
January 1st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Did you ever find out about this? I have looked online and haven't found mention of anyone else having this issue. But, it is a small thing that could easily be overlooked.

I never noticed that, but I have the complete series box set, and I am not home so I can't verify if mine is in the incorrect order, will get back to this.

blazingfire
January 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Which of them, Sam or Haley, was right about why the energy beings were being aggressive in Prodigy.

General Jumper One
January 1st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Did you ever find out about this? I have looked online and haven't found mention of anyone else having this issue. But, it is a small thing that could easily be overlooked.

Mine is Serpent's Song then Holiday on the booklet and on the disc

Merricles
January 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM
This is backwards. I wonder why. holiday was episode 39 (s2 ep 17 according to air date and both Wiki and here at GW).

Mine is Serpent's Song then Holiday on the booklet and on the disc

Merricles
January 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Despite what the episode suggest, I think they both could have been correct. Perhaps the species is friendly but retaliated due to being captured. However, at the same time the magnetic field change of the planet could have also been a factor. Perhaps the magnetic field only fuled their anger.

Which of them, Sam or Haley, was right about why the energy beings were being aggressive in Prodigy.

Starfist
January 2nd, 2011, 02:15 AM
Ok I have a couple of questions...

In the episode 'Prometheus'.
How did O'Neill and Tea'lc get aboard without being noticed...? I know they were a 'Death Glder'
And if they entered via one of the hanger bays how did they do it as the bad guys had started to de-pressurise the decks they weren't using?

In the Lost City...
Where the 302's carrying missiles only or did they have mini rail guns as secondry armament?

ttyl
Starfist

General Jumper One
January 2nd, 2011, 05:25 AM
Ok I have a couple of questions...

In the episode 'Prometheus'.
How did O'Neill and Tea'lc get aboard without being noticed...? I know they were a 'Death Glder'
And if they entered via one of the hanger bays how did they do it as the bad guys had started to de-pressurise the decks they weren't using?

In the Lost City...
Where the 302's carrying missiles only or did they have mini rail guns as secondry armament?

ttyl
Starfist

The decks weren't depressurized yet

302s have mini rail guns built into them

Starfist
January 2nd, 2011, 05:46 AM
The decks weren't depressurized yet

302s have mini rail guns built into them

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sami_
January 2nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
I always wondered if anyone went to the numerous planets SG-1 killed Jaffa on to collect the bodies or if they just leave them to rot.

I could just imagine the Jaffa bringing back the bodies and the Goa'uld would be all like:

"Storing dead Jaffa ain't my ****ing business!"

Skydiver
January 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
the jaffa don't bring back bodies. Once it's dead (the spirit is gone) the body is 'but an empty shell'

Sami_
January 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
the jaffa don't bring back bodies. Once it's dead (the spirit is gone) the body is 'but an empty shell'

Didn't Teal'c and Gerak visit Gerak's fathers grave?

Skydiver
January 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
it's one of many contradictions.

originally, teal'c thought he could prevent ryac's implantation, but ryac got sick and he couldn't. Yet a few years later it's now canon that, at puberty, all jaffa MUST take larvae or die.

In the beginning, its implied that only males hosted larvae - a goauld is only as strong as the jaffa that carries it -(and the only females that hosted larvae were priestesses) yet by s7 or so, drey'auc died because she couldn't get a new larvae....which runs counter to the paternalistic culture of the jaffa...and if a larvae is only as strong as the jaffa that carries it and all females are weak, then what goa'uld wants female warriors?

they contradict themselves all the time

How come teal'c didn't notice that sam had jolinar, but later he can sense goa'uld?

Sami_
January 2nd, 2011, 10:55 AM

originally, teal'c thought he could prevent ryac's implantation, but ryac got sick and he couldn't. Yet a few years later it's now canon that, at puberty, all jaffa MUST take larvae or die.

In the beginning, its implied that only males hosted larvae - a goauld is only as strong as the jaffa that carries it -(and the only females that hosted larvae were priestesses) yet by s7 or so, drey'auc died because she couldn't get a new larvae....which runs counter to the paternalistic culture of the jaffa...and if a larvae is only as strong as the jaffa that carries it and all females are weak, then what goa'uld wants female warriors?

How come teal'c didn't notice that sam had jolinar, but later he can sense goa'uld?

Okay great, there are contradictions - what evidence supports your assertion that they don't go back for the dead and secondly there are two sides to every contradiction, what makes the side you are defending true and the other false?

Merricles
January 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Im curious. I know this is something that could easily be explained away. But SGU takes place after SGA s5 which moves Atlantis to Earth. Wouldn't the ATL Gate become the dominant gate on earth at that point? In SGU they were still using the Earth gate, but ATL was still in Cali. wasn't it? Also, if this is explained in SGU s2, sorry to bother anyone but I am deployed right now and have not seen the second have of SGU s1 or any of s2.

jelgate
January 5th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Im curious. I know this is something that could easily be explained away. But SGU takes place after SGA s5 which moves Atlantis to Earth. Wouldn't the ATL Gate become the dominant gate on earth at that point? In SGU they were still using the Earth gate, but ATL was still in Cali. wasn't it? Also, if this is explained in SGU s2, sorry to bother anyone but I am deployed right now and have not seen the second have of SGU s1 or any of s2.

Its never mentioned but given what we know its not a giant leap to inactivate a gate

blueray
January 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM

that is a good question.

going along with that:

i never got why jolinar didn't just explain to sam about being a tok'ra so she didn't continue to fight her. or better yet let sam to the talking so that sg-1 wouldn't be suspicious of anything.

Vanek26
January 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
In SGU they were still using the Earth gate, but ATL was still in Cali. wasn't it? Also, if this is explained in SGU s2, sorry to bother anyone but I am deployed right now and have not seen the second have of SGU s1 or any of s2.

Where in SGU does it show the SGC's gate being used?

SaberBlade
January 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Well the Ryac thing can be explained as Teal'c hoping the SGC could save him from needing one, but even during the episode they did seem to have thought it out a bit because Ryac's was conveniently sick around the time he would have been implanted so his immune system may have already been weakened.

As for the males hosting larvae, that doesn't fit with Children of the Gods, as they took Amonet from a female Jaffa. Drayac died because she didn't want them to take a symbiote from someone else in order for her to live, even if that person still worshipped the Goa'uld. There was a line about it in the episode.

BRATA'C
"She refused to accept the new symbiote."

TEAL'C
"Was one procured?"

BRATA'C
"No. She did not wish us to sacrifice
the life of another Jaffa to save her
own, even one who still foolishly worships
the false gods. We would all chose the
same fate."

TEAL'C
"In the past..."

BRATA'C
"It is not the past, my friend. The
descent we have bred has brought around
many changes. The Goa'uld no longer
trust the Jaffa priests with their young
as they once did..."

So in the past, they would have taken symbiotes from others (like the Sodan) but she didn't want another to die just so she would live.

As for symbiote detection, I know Sam could do it, but I don't remember Teal'c being able to pick up on who was a host, even when the Unas jumped hosts and took over the "Priest" dude on the medieval town.

Didn't Teal'c and Gerak visit Gerak's fathers grave?

No, they visited the spot where he gave his life. I think they visited a memorial rather than a grave. It doesn't stop the Jaffa from mourning their friends, relatives, and having a funeral or remembering important things. That's why they cremate or kawoosh rather than bury, as the Goa'uld did create an afterlife for the Jaffa and based it on places like Keb.

Very first episode, it's how they got to Destiny.

General Jumper One
January 5th, 2011, 02:45 PM

That wasn't the SGC's gate that was a Milky Way gate but it wasn't the SGC's.

blueray
January 5th, 2011, 02:47 PM

no, they were on an alpha site. that planet was destroyed by the power that the gate needed to dial destiny.

General Jumper One
January 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM
That wasn't the SGC's gate that was a Milky Way gate but it wasn't the SGC's.

no, they were on an alpha site. that planet was destroyed by the power that the gate needed to dial destiny.

what he said

Vanek26
January 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM

They take the Hammond to Icarus Base.

At the Icarus Base, Scott shows Eli the Stargate, and they eventually escape through it.

Merricles
January 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I was thinking in the first episode they used the SGC. I have only seen SGU once, I am waiting for s2 to wrap up before I buy it as I only buy shows once they have completed. If I am wrong and they never did use the gate at the SGC my bad. We all know s1 of SGU sucked. What the writers wanted to do plot wise and story wise just didn't work out. I thought it would go for 3 seasons though. In any case, as I said I thought they used it. Perhaps they didn't. Oh well.

General Jumper One
January 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I was thinking in the first episode they used the SGC. I have only seen SGU once, I am waiting for s2 to wrap up before I buy it as I only buy shows once they have completed. If I am wrong and they never did use the gate at the SGC my bad. We all know s1 of SGU sucked. What the writers wanted to do plot wise and story wise just didn't work out. I thought it would go for 3 seasons though. In any case, as I said I thought they used it. Perhaps they didn't. Oh well.

matter of opinion

Merricles
January 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Well, I can't speak for s2, but I only saw a couple in s1 that made me wanna watch more.
matter of opinion

Merricles
January 6th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Alright, so I have made it to s7 and figured I would bring this up. Space Race, really? I mean, how does this episode benifit the series? How is it that there are so many space fairing species in the galaxy? It really makes no sense since the Gou'ld limit the advancement or other species. I think the Tollan were plenty in that area. The Asgaurd and the Nox were around since forever, so they get a pass. This was just a bit much I think.

Vanek26
January 6th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Alright, so I have made it to s7 and figured I would bring this up. Space Race, really? I mean, how does this episode benifit the series? How is it that there are so many space fairing species in the galaxy? It really makes no sense since the Gou'ld limit the advancement or other species. I think the Tollan were plenty in that area. The Asgaurd and the Nox were around since forever, so they get a pass. This was just a bit much I think.

It doesn't. Don't worry, I don't think they are ever brought up again.

Merricles
January 7th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I realize this question has probably been asked before. However when I search the keyword of Hathor, well, a lot comes up. So, In season 1 she is a Goa'uld queen and somehow creates Jaffa and symbiotes. Later on, when they find the Tok'ra queen (and all future queens) they are large masses that create the offspring. Also, the Jaffa are a species that was once human (I think that's what was said) so how does she create new Jaffa (because I also think it was said that the Jaffa were genetically created over a period of tries)? I realize the longer a show goes, the harder it is to keep everything in tact, so was the Hathor plot kinda just erased?

Skydiver
January 7th, 2011, 03:11 AM
As for the males hosting larvae, that doesn't fit with Children of the Gods, as they took Amonet from a female Jaffa. Drayac died because she didn't want them to take a symbiote from someone else in order for her to live, even if that person still worshipped the Goa'uld. There was a line about it in the episode.

But Yameta was a priestess, and the impression always was that females just incubated the queen goa'ulds, not warrior goa'ulds. because, unitl sho'nac, we never saw a priestess carrying anything but a queen...and if drey'auc had a symbiote in bloodlines, why didn't mama sacrifice her snake to save her son? Teal'c had to do it.

I honestly think it's them tweaking canon or making canon up as they go along to suit a story...and sometimes they forget what they did before. Like teal'c's sudden 'i can sense goa'uld' in the Tomb when he's never been able to do it before.

Skydiver
January 7th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I realize this question has probably been asked before. However when I search the keyword of Hathor, well, a lot comes up. So, In season 1 she is a Goa'uld queen and somehow creates Jaffa and symbiotes. Later on, when they find the Tok'ra queen (and all future queens) they are large masses that create the offspring. Also, the Jaffa are a species that was once human (I think that's what was said) so how does she create new Jaffa (because I also think it was said that the Jaffa were genetically created over a period of tries)? I realize the longer a show goes, the harder it is to keep everything in tact, so was the Hathor plot kinda just erased?

hathor 'made' jaffa with a gizmo called a menat...if you watch hathor, she 'hugs' jack and gives him the pouch.

The theory is: over the years the goa'uld did genetically engineer jaffa, to have them born with pouches and with the need to take a host at puberty. (now they never do address the fact that jaffa are basically canon fodder, and given the relatively slow growth rate of a human type species, the only way they'd maintain a population of new warriors would be to encourage/force/mandate all jaffa to breed as much as possible to keep the numbers up....teal'c and his 'only one son', shouldn't have been, in a society like this the goa'uld can't have battles where thousands of jaffa die and not have some program in place to quickly replace those numbers...it's a plot hole they never really addressed)

If they don't have access to genetically engineered Jaffa, the goa'uld queen can make a jaffa with her device. And, i believe in 'the cure' that it's stated that goa'uld host blending success rate is maybe 50%, as in half those they blend with die. Hathor and her 'gathering the code of life' means that she takes genetic code from the host species (be they human or whatever) and uses that in making her larvae to make them more easily compatible with the new jaffa.

Merricles
January 7th, 2011, 03:41 AM
So even after the queen has detatched from her uber body she can still create larval goa'uld? And yeah I got that the belt she wore turned Jack into a Jaffa. It just seems like that whole plot was dropped though. With the intro of the goa'uld homeworld, and since all the other goa'uld queens are shown to be the uber body type. Yes I know the Tok'ra queen takes a host, but she left her uber body to do so.
hathor 'made' jaffa with a gizmo called a menat...if you watch hathor, she 'hugs' jack and gives him the pouch.

The theory is: over the years the goa'uld did genetically engineer jaffa, to have them born with pouches and with the need to take a host at puberty. (now they never do address the fact that jaffa are basically canon fodder, and given the relatively slow growth rate of a human type species, the only way they'd maintain a population of new warriors would be to encourage/force/mandate all jaffa to breed as much as possible to keep the numbers up....teal'c and his 'only one son', shouldn't have been, in a society like this the goa'uld can't have battles where thousands of jaffa die and not have some program in place to quickly replace those numbers...it's a plot hole they never really addressed)

If they don't have access to genetically engineered Jaffa, the goa'uld queen can make a jaffa with her device. And, i believe in 'the cure' that it's stated that goa'uld host blending success rate is maybe 50%, as in half those they blend with die. Hathor and her 'gathering the code of life' means that she takes genetic code from the host species (be they human or whatever) and uses that in making her larvae to make them more easily compatible with the new jaffa.

blueray
January 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
kind of random but i always wondered:

how they explain paying (assuming they do) teal'c, vala and jonas to the goverment (say irs). like did they get paid or was their work simply in exchange for room and board?

note: i would put ronon and tayla in there too but since they are in the pegasus galaxy money doesn't really matter anyway.

Vanek26
January 7th, 2011, 11:38 AM
kind of random but i always wondered:

how they explain paying (assuming they do) teal'c, vala and jonas to the goverment (say irs). like did they get paid or was their work simply in exchange for room and board?

note: i would put ronon and tayla in there too but since they are in the pegasus galaxy money doesn't really matter anyway.

Government could make an identity for them. Set up a bank account. Deal with the IRS.

I am of the impression that Teal'c got at least some stipend, as he was able to get a house off base eventually.

Merricles
January 8th, 2011, 04:47 AM
I got a question about gate travel. We all know that matter is demolecularized and reintegrated as it enters and exits the gate. But, does the traveler experience the travel? The fact that the SGC can track matter through the wormhole shows that it is not instantanious. So, for example, when the Atlantis Expedition traveled to Pegasus, they were in travel for some time. Did they experience it or was all just a moment for them? A friend and I were debating. My opinion is that there is no sense of travel. However his is that since we see the travel on screen, so does the traveler.

jelgate
January 8th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I got a question about gate travel. We all know that matter is demolecularized and reintegrated as it enters and exits the gate. But, does the traveler experience the travel? The fact that the SGC can track matter through the wormhole shows that it is not instantanious. So, for example, when the Atlantis Expedition traveled to Pegasus, they were in travel for some time. Did they experience it or was all just a moment for them? A friend and I were debating. My opinion is that there is no sense of travel. However his is that since we see the travel on screen, so does the traveler.
It take 0.3 seconds to travel from one gate to gate as said by Carter in Ripple Effect. Such a short time makes me think they don't experence anything

lordofseas
January 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
It take 0.3 seconds to travel from one gate to gate as said by Carter in Ripple Effect. Such a short time makes me think they don't experence anything

That time has been retconed, though. Take "Red Sky".

jelgate
January 8th, 2011, 07:42 PM
That time has been retconed, though. Take "Red Sky".

Red Sky never tells the time in numerical just that the trip was longer then usual because of the going through the sun

Goose
January 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM

When those two episodes first aired, they did so in the UK before the US. In the UK, Serpent's Song was aired before Holiday, and the other way around in the US. The DVD's have the UK airing orders. The same thing happened to the episodes before, A Matter of Time and The Fifth Race. In the UK, where they aired first, A Matter of Time was aired first, but in the US, The Fifth Race was aired first. This time, however, the DVD's have the US airing order. A bit inconsistent, but there you are.

Merricles
January 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM

If it only takes 0.3 seconds, then what about all the episodes where they track matter through the wormhole? Their big clear battlemap of the universe that tracks the M.A.L.P. and even just the number of times they have tracked the M.A.L.P. it has been far longer than .3 seconds. But, oh well. I was just curious if the traveler experienced the travel or not.

Merricles
January 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
When those two episodes first aired, they did so in the UK before the US. In the UK, Serpent's Song was aired before Holiday, and the other way around in the US. The DVD's have the UK airing orders. The same thing happened to the episodes before, A Matter of Time and The Fifth Race. In the UK, where they aired first, A Matter of Time was aired first, but in the US, The Fifth Race was aired first. This time, however, the DVD's have the US airing order. A bit inconsistent, but there you are.

Thank you for that. I had bought both the large box s2 and slim box s2 and did not pay any attention to it. However, I was checking out the recycled actors/actresses who have been multiple characters on SG and that's how I noticed it. Thanks again.

blueray
January 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM

i think its not so much seeing the wormwhole (as the viewer does) but they do feel something. it seems that people's first time though the gate sometimes leaves mild motion sickness. as for the .3 seconds thing, there are times where they are watching the matter go to the other gate, maybe it depends on how far away the other gate is. it takes longer to get the pegasus galaxy than a gate in the milky way galaxy would take.

sgc
January 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Well, another contradiction is that they say that all Faffa females are taught to be strong, and never weak. Especially with the Hak'tyl, they were strong fighters. It's kind of like WWII housewives that would take over the business when their husbands went to war (wow that was so stereotypical), where the Jaffa females would take over the home and their husband's duties at home.

sgc
January 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM

They've also contradicted themselves because Carter also mentions multiple times (outside of the Ripple Effect device) that it takes 3.4 seconds, like in 200 (ik it's not canon) when Mitchell comes back and tells a joke and Carter says he was thinking that one up the whole way home, and Mitchell says "all 3 seconds" and Carter says "3.4" in a goofy voice.

blueray
January 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Well, another contradiction is that they say that all Faffa females are taught to be strong, and never weak. Especially with the Hak'tyl, they were strong fighters. It's kind of like WWII housewives that would take over the business when their husbands went to war (wow that was so stereotypical), where the Jaffa females would take over the home and their husband's duties at home.

i think it depends on where the woman jaffa is from or rather who they serve. in chulak they are seen as the homemaker and obedient to their husband. but as shown by ista's (don't know how to spell her name) group woman can be good fighters too. the mistreating of woman is why they left.

SaberBlade
January 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM
i think it depends on where the woman jaffa is from or rather who they serve. in chulak they are seen as the homemaker and obedient to their husband. but as shown by ista's (don't know how to spell her name) group woman can be good fighters too. the mistreating of woman is why they left.

I wouldn't say they left because of mistreatment. Moloc was ordering the death of all infant females born within his domain. It's no surprise that Ishta and the other female Jaffa who "served" Moloc would go Amazonian because they had to protect themselves and also prove they were as good as any man. The other Jaffa women, who I wouldn't say were weak, did fit a stereotypical role of housewives at times, so while the men went to war, it was up to the women to stay at home and take care of the kids.

The role females took probably varied from Goa'uld to Goa'uld.

Skydiver
January 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Moloc ordered the death of all female children because, IIRC, his planet was running short on resources, so only male children - future warriors - could be allowed to survive

ISTHA: "Thirty years ago, Moloc decreed that only male children would be allowed to live. Only they could strengthen his armies and lead him to victory in the war of the gods."

CARTER: "Well, aside from the obvious immorality, that doesn't make sense. How do you sustain a population of any gender without women?"

ISTHA: "The Jaffa lifespan is longer than humans. This could go on for a hundred years. Any female child is to be sacrificed in the ceremony of fire, immediately after they are born."

blueray
January 12th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't say they left because of mistreatment. Moloc was ordering the death of all infant females born within his domain. It's no surprise that Ishta and the other female Jaffa who "served" Moloc would go Amazonian because they had to protect themselves and also prove they were as good as any man. The other Jaffa women, who I wouldn't say were weak, did fit a stereotypical role of housewives at times, so while the men went to war, it was up to the women to stay at home and take care of the kids.

oh, thanks. i forgot all about that. yeah that would be a good reason to leave. and i agree the female jaffa definitely aren't weak they just fall into their cultural roles.

sepp
January 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I have always wondered how many Goa'oulds are out there in the galaxy. Since every Jaffa carries a symbiote that needs a human host after a few years (and there were millions of Jaffa) there should have been millions of Goa'ould out there as well. Nevertheless, over the course of the series I am aware of only approximately a dozen Goa'oulds. And why is it that every major Goa'ould rules over many planets at a time but pretty much everyone that was ever mentioned has a place in one of Earth's mythologies? One could assume that all Goa'oulds were at some time in some form or another in charge in certain parts of our planets. That never made much sense to me.

blueray
January 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
i don't think that they all have histories with earth cultures. i forgot but does baal have one?

there is probably a few million of them. of course now that some of the jaffa have titolin (sp) it probably is less.

Skydiver
January 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I have always wondered how many Goa'oulds are out there in the galaxy. Since every Jaffa carries a symbiote that needs a human host after a few years (and there were millions of Jaffa) there should have been millions of Goa'ould out there as well. Nevertheless, over the course of the series I am aware of only approximately a dozen Goa'oulds. And why is it that every major Goa'ould rules over many planets at a time but pretty much everyone that was ever mentioned has a place in one of Earth's mythologies? One could assume that all Goa'oulds were at some time in some form or another in charge in certain parts of our planets. That never made much sense to me.

actually

DANIEL: Well I'm guessing we haven't even scratched the surface on meeting
all the Goa'uld System Lords. There's probably thousands we haven't even
heard of, right?

JACOB: Only dozens at the ranks of System Lords. Thousands of Goa'ulds in
general.

and in Summit/Last Stand, we see the system lords practicing a little ritual cannibalism. So one could presume that, any goa'uld that survive to maturity, are probably murdered to keep the goa'uld from getting too many competitors.

Merricles
March 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Not an SG1 question, it is SGA. However, I didn't find a thread over there for general questions. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, I'm lazy. Anyhow, here it is.

IMDb credits Joe Flanigan with 99 eps of SGA, but there were 100 eps total. I don't recall an ep without him. Is there an ep without him or is IMDb wrong? I mean, it also list 'Vegas' as being a season 1 ep that aired 1 OCT 2004.

blueray
March 6th, 2011, 06:21 AM
i always wondered that too. it also i believe lists david for only 99 episodes too.

Choo1701
March 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Maybe they counted the Atlantis pilot, 'Rising' as one complete episode instead of two?

Wasn't it originally shown whole? I know Sky One here in the UK lopped it into two.

General Jumper One
March 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe they counted the Atlantis pilot, 'Rising' as one complete episode instead of two?

Wasn't it originally shown whole? I know Sky One here in the UK lopped it into two.

The Atlantis pilot (both episodes) were shown as one whole episode, on the disc you have a choice of watching them both at once or individually, just like the SGU pilot "Air" which was 3 episodes, except 1 and 2 were shown as one episode.

morrismike
March 13th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Male Jaffa come from Female Jaffa so it'd be dumb to get rid of them.

Selkhet
May 5th, 2011, 05:20 AM
---
---

I've often wondered the exact same thing.

We don't know that they didn't.

While true we do not know it did not happen. It seemed to take far too long for them to be wielding zat guns, etc. IMHO.

GateGhost
May 11th, 2011, 08:44 AM
What Episode did Cam Mitchell say "Three Ba'al's, two strikes" ?

hedwig
June 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
What happened with Catherine and Ernest between "Torment of Tantalus" and "Moebius"? I would like to have heard a line or two about them.

After "Family", did Teal'c and Drey'auc remarry? When she thought he was likely dead, she had the marriage "removed" and married Fro'tac. He died, leaving her a widow. Did she and Teal'c remarry? It was never stated, and he had a brief "fling" with Shon'auc (or at least it was implied in "Crossroads"). Teal'c was devastated in "Redemption" when he found that Drey'auc had died.

What became of Retu Charlie in "Show and Tell" after he went with Jacob. Did they manage to blend him with a Tok'ra and heal him?

Did General Hammond get reprimanded for taking off to help save SG1 in "Out of Mind"? It seems like a rather big thing for him to do, and something the Pentagon would not have approved of since they refused to send more people after SG1, and Hammond went anyway.

Did Sam ever get to kick Jack's behind after "Demons"? He did say that he ever volunteered to help anybody again, she should kick him! :D

Did Daniel ever hear from his grandfather after "Crystal Skull"?

What was the fallout between the U.S. and Russia over the incident with the Russian gate in "Watergate"?

I would like to have seen an episode dealing with finding the spies and other infiltrators who were leaking information to the Russians and rogue NID and whoever else classified information about the SGC was being leaked to. It often seemed as though places outside the SGC had information about events within the SGC almost as soon as they happened. I think it would have been appropriate to have an episode dealing with that and catching at least some of those people leaking information. Instead, it was all but ignored throughout the series. For instance, in "Watergate", Dr. Markov said she had read extensive files on all of SG1. Even if Maybourne was now working for the Russians, it doesn't seem to me that he'd be the only source of information.

What happened to any remaining Tollans after being attacked in "Between Two Fires"?

Did her teammates apologize to Sam for not being more solicitous of her possible injuries after she came hurtling through the event horizon and bounced down the ramp to land at their feet in "2001"? :D

Did any of the recruits in "Proving Ground" not notice that General Kerrigan was one of the group of military that showed up at the testing site, and who Jack apparently killed?

Whatever happened to the asteroid filled with naquadah that was sent to destroy earth in "Fail Safe"? Seems to me there should have been some way of stopping or slowing the thing down and the naquadah mined for use on earth. Unlikely, probably, but given this is Stargate, they could have come up with some way to do it. :)

In "Prometheus", why wasn't the TV equipment brought by the TV crew thoroughly checked for anything suspcious? They did background checks on the personnel. Why didn't they check out the equipment? Seems to me the weapons would have been easily found.

In "Insiders", why didn't General Landry immediately lock out Sam's authorization codes so she couldn't access the information Ba'al wanted? General Hammond would have.

In "Ark of Truth", how the heck did Teal'c get down from the plateau on the mountain where SG1 found the Ark, and then walk across a snow-covered mountaintop, down said mountain to the Plains of Celestus, only to fall on his face in the sand. Given the injury he'd received from the Ori staff weapon, and no longer having a symbiote to heal his injuries, I keep thinking that even Teal'c isn't strong enough make that journey with an injury like that.

And last, but not least, What Happened to Jonas Quinn???????

blueray
June 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM
try to answer some of these:

After "Family", did Teal'c and Drey'auc remarry? When she thought he was likely dead, she had the marriage "removed" and married Fro'tac. He died, leaving her a widow. Did she and Teal'c remarry? It was never stated, and he had a brief "fling" with Shon'auc (or at least it was implied in "Crossroads"). Teal'c was devastated in "Redemption" when he found that Drey'auc had died.

no, i got the impression that they didn't.

Did Sam ever get to kick Jack's behind after "Demons"? He did say that he ever volunteered to help anybody again, she should kick him! :Dlol

What happened to any remaining Tollans after being attacked in "Between Two Fires"?

i think that they were all killed.

Whatever happened to the asteroid filled with naquadah that was sent to destroy earth in "Fail Safe"? Seems to me there should have been some way of stopping or slowing the thing down and the naquadah mined for use on earth. Unlikely, probably, but given this is Stargate, they could have come up with some way to do it. :)

they sent it to the other side of earth and it will continue to drift in space.

In "Prometheus", why wasn't the TV equipment brought by the TV crew thoroughly checked for anything suspcious? They did background checks on the personnel. Why didn't they check out the equipment? Seems to me the weapons would have been easily found.

they probably were, but got a way with it

In "Insiders", why didn't General Landry immediately lock out Sam's authorization codes so she couldn't access the information Ba'al wanted? General Hammond would have.
not the sharpest tool in the shed lol

In "Ark of Truth", how the heck did Teal'c get down from the plateau on the mountain where SG1 found the Ark, and then walk across a snow-covered mountaintop, down said mountain to the Plains of Celestus, only to fall on his face in the sand. Given the injury he'd received from the Ori staff weapon, and no longer having a symbiote to heal his injuries, I keep thinking that even Teal'c isn't strong enough make that journey with an injury like that.

he's teal'c ;)

And last, but not least, What Happened to Jonas Quinn???????

amen

hedwig
June 25th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Good answers. Thank you. :)

try to answer some of these:

Originally Posted by hedwig

Whatever happened to the asteroid filled with naquadah that was sent to destroy earth in "Fail Safe"? Seems to me there should have been some way of stopping or slowing the thing down and the naquadah mined for use on earth. Unlikely, probably, but given this is Stargate, they could have come up with some way to do it.

they sent it to the other side of earth and it will continue to drift in space.

I probably should have clarified the bit about the asteroid. I meant what happened to it after they sailed throgh earth via hyperspace and were rescued by the Tok'ra. It seems odd (IMO) that it would be allowed to just drift off into space and maybe crash into some other object and explode. Not that it is the responsibility of anyone on earth, but just think what earth could do with all that naquadah that's just been allowed to sail off into deep space.