Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate technology

OK so this is a stargate

In what ever galaxies SGU takes place in the stargates have a limited rang right? But in the Ori galaxy the gate's have the normal rage ∞ (like). The gates in the ori galaxy pre-date the gates in that are in the SGU galaxies. How dose this work people? Shame on you SGU writers.

P.S correct me if i'm wrong

From what I remember, Stargate has always established that the gates have limited ranges (which is where the whole 9th chevron thing came from). Maybe I am not following.. What do you mean exactly?
    Share What's Happening in Your City -- Promote Your Site, Service, Link, Favorite Spot, or Anything Else

Comment

What I mean is that pegasus, Milky Way, and the Ori galaxy gates could dial any where with in there galaxy without massive power requirements. Yet in SGU the gate can only dial with in so many light-years (distance).

Comment

Destiny style gates are limited in range meaning they can only dial a handful of gates in range while other gates in the MW, peg, etc can dial across the galaxy (and further)

As far as we know the ONLY gate in the Ori galaxy is the Supergate, which was built with ascended knowledge.

Comment

And the gate that the prior used to get here
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

There's also no telling when the Ori gates were built. They may have done it after the Ancients ascended.

Comment

The Ori gates were probably built when the Ori learned of our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                And the gate that the prior used to get here
                we have no idea how he got there, ther was no mention of a gate.

Comment

There is a reason it's called the "Ori" galaxy. Ori are evil ascended beings. They have the knowledge of the universe in their cosmic heads. If they wanted a galaxy full of top notch stargates, they could snap their fingers and make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dii-Reno View Post
                    There is a reason it's called the "Ori" galaxy. Ori are evil ascended beings. They have the knowledge of the universe in their cosmic heads. If they wanted a galaxy full of top notch stargates, they could snap their fingers and make it happen.
                    1. Ascension does NOT make you all knowing or all powerful
                    2. As I said, we have never seen nor heard a mention at the Regular sized Stargates in the Ori galaxy, therefore there is none. (By your logic, I can say that just because we never saw of or heard of a Goa'uld named Geb (Egyptian god of the Earth) that he did exist, yes chances are he did because many of the goa'uld had names of Egyptian gods, but we never did therefore such as character does NOT exist)

Comment

The Priors are being sent through the Stargates in the early episodes, which means they must have an equivalent device on the Ori end. Also, Adria clearly had intricate knowledge of how to operate the Stargates, so that knowledge is clearly a package deal with Ascension. Ascension doesn't make you all knowing, but Daniel himself admits that it does give you way more knowledge of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAten View Post
                        OK so this is a stargate

In what ever galaxies SGU takes place in the stargates have a limited rang right? But in the Ori galaxy the gate's have the normal rage ∞ (like). The gates in the ori galaxy pre-date the gates in that are in the SGU galaxies. How dose this work people? Shame on you SGU writers.

P.S correct me if i'm wrong
                        You are wrong. But hey, any excuse to bash the writers, right?

The stargate wasn't even invented anywhere until after the Ancients left their home galaxy in Ark of Truth. It existed only as a concept and in sketches in Amelius' note pad as the Ancients were departing. Maybe as the Ori continued to evolve, they too invented their own stargates. We know they had transport rings, after all. Or maybe once they ascended, they then instructed the second evolution of humans in that galaxy to build stargates and rings.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        we have no idea how he got there, ther was no mention of a gate.
                        Except for the scene(s) where a Prior WALKS THROUGH A STARGATE...

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
                          You are wrong. But hey, any excuse to bash the writers, right?

The stargate wasn't even invented anywhere until after the Ancients left their home galaxy in Ark of Truth. It existed only as a concept and in sketches in Amelius' note pad as the Ancients were departing. Maybe as the Ori continued to evolve, they too invented their own stargates. We know they had transport rings, after all. Or maybe once they ascended, they then instructed the second evolution of humans in that galaxy to build stargates and rings.

Except for the scene(s) where a Prior WALKS THROUGH A STARGATE...
                          maybe the ori simply created a wormhole that connected to a Stargate. or sent him to a location near the milky way and was given a ship to get him in and then used the gate to get around. As i said, you are all assuming that the gates exist, yes they possibly do, but until we hear otherwise, saying there is is ABSOLUTELY WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            The Priors are being sent through the Stargates in the early episodes, which means they must have an equivalent device on the Ori end. Also, Adria clearly had intricate knowledge of how to operate the Stargates, so that knowledge is clearly a package deal with Ascension. Ascension doesn't make you all knowing, but Daniel himself admits that it does give you way more knowledge of the universe.
                            perhaps Stargates are relatively simple in the grand scheme of things, so the knowledge is easy to understand. and she didn't technically have "intricate knowledge" she simply used her powers to get the gate to dial the last address.

Comment

Well the Supergate is a normal gate design, magnified a thousand times and powered by a blackhole.

I believe Ori has their own Stargates too, as they were part of the same race as the Ancients, something tells me the Ori gates are similar in style as MW gates.

Destiny gates are of simpler design so are not capable of connecting to gates that are further afield, compared to "newer" ones like the MW/PG. However, it appears, they are still capable of receiving connections from newer gates billions of light years away.

I wonder, would Destiny's gate be able to dial home, if they had a ZPM attached (assuming compatibility) or utilising a blackhole (assuming these gates are able to absorb the power from blackholes like it's newer counterparts).

Comment

Working...
                              X