View Full Version : Jonas as 4th Member

GhostPoet
May 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I think Jonas would make a perfect fit as the fourth member of SG-1
Whos with me!
:)

Matt G
May 17th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Would be smarter for it to be a military team.

KingKha
May 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM
has anyone else noticed that carter has gotten two promotions (next one in season 8) as opposed to jack's 1? he has to at least of been a col for 10 years now (8 seasons of sg-1 + the 2 years difference from the movie). and is there no one else qualified enough to be on the sg-1 team???

KorbenDirewolf
May 17th, 2004, 12:49 PM
O'Niell has not been on active duty that entire time. He retired at least twice.

SGSlugger
May 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
That would be kinda awkard (sp!). Two scientist (three is count Carter) and only one military member? I could just see Daniel and Jonas bickering over who gets to dig here and there, or who gets to translate this, or who gets the girl.
I think that it should be a military person, not a civilian.
Jacob/Selmak would be an interesting choice...and for an interesting thought, Hammond. :p

Livi2Jack
May 17th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Whos with me!
I think Jonas knows he is destined to become the ruler of Kelowna. Why would he keep risking his life out there?

Livi2Jack
May 17th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Hammond is way too old for field ops.
Jacob/Selmak has his work as liason to the Tokra and mending fences, being a resource on the tough problems.
But you are right about a military type...how about one of the guys from Col. Dixon's squad in heroes? There are other teams.

ShadowMaat
May 17th, 2004, 01:18 PM
I think Jonas knows he is destined to become the ruler of Kelowna. Why would he keep risking his life out there?

I still don't know where you're getting this impression that Jonas is going to be the ruler of Kelowna. What eps/scenes/comments have led you to believe that?

I thought his people wanted him back as an advisor, that's all. And not one they seem to respect very highly, either, or they would have made a much better effort at mediation in Fallout. At least, that's the impression I've always had. "We want you back so you can advise and protect us, but we aren't necessarily going to listen to anything you say."

Otis
May 22nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Jonas would be an obvious choice in a leader position just due to the fact that he has experiece in other worlds as an ambassador. His stock on the planet has definitely improved.

Andy867
May 22nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
From my understanding, from reading GW.net

SPOILERS

O'Neill will see to it that SG-1 remain a 3-person team, plus Jonas has some fences to mend back on his own planet, though it will be obvious that he will miss the action.

You have to also realize that the SG-A team has a civilian leader, only 2 military officers, and a civilian doctor (McKay), plus the occassional appearance of Dr Beckett. So that team has more civies than military, so why shouldnt SG-1 have more non-military than military. Plus, we have already seen what happens when an outside person, especially military, tries to join SG-1, which is probably why Gen. O'Neill wants to keep SG-1 a 3-person team. And I know from my dad's experience as a Col that when you get higher in rank, there is a lot more time in-between promotions, especially since the only thing left after Colonel is the different levels of General.

Otis
May 22nd, 2004, 06:44 PM
, plus Jonas has some fences to mend back on his own planet, though it will be obvious that he will miss the action.

I thought his fences were mended.?.

ShadowMaat
May 22nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
I'll mend his fences any day. ;) hehe, Sorry, couldn't resist.

My personal biased little viewpoint says that Jonas's people don't respect him any more than the SGC did.

Otis
May 22nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
I'll mend his fences any day. ;) hehe, Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cute, and I agree!
But, I think he was respected when he left the SGC. Since hes been back home longer than the time he spent on earth, I think they have probably seen his talents too. :D

Andy867
May 22nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Back in his country of Kelowana, yes, but even though the diplomats of the other nations might respect him, he still has to explain to advisers and to the people of Kelowana of what happened, and to calm the public. Course it would help if SGC contacted Jonas and assured him that Anubis wouldn't be coming back to Kelowana.

Elwe Singollo
May 22nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Maybe Jonas's planet should be destroyed so that we can see some more daniel/jonas scenes! Haha, juss kidding...

Andy867
May 22nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
Or perhaps Jonas can talk some sense into his leaders into establishing a similar Stargate Program that can run independent from the SGC.

Elwe Singollo
May 23rd, 2004, 10:31 AM
That would be so interesting, i would watch an episode about that :)

the dancer of spaz
May 24th, 2004, 10:40 AM
You have to also realize that the SG-A team has a civilian leader, only 2 military officers, and a civilian doctor (McKay), plus the occassional appearance of Dr Beckett. So that team has more civies than military, so why shouldnt SG-1 have more non-military than military. Plus, we have already seen what happens when an outside person, especially military, tries to join SG-1, which is probably why Gen. O'Neill wants to keep SG-1 a 3-person team. And I know from my dad's experience as a Col that when you get higher in rank, there is a lot more time in-between promotions, especially since the only thing left after Colonel is the different levels of General.

However this... faction... so to speak was created with the sole purpose of having civilians on the team. The SGC is strictly run the Air Force, and it wouldn't make sense to have a three-to-one ratio. :(

;) On the flip side, Teal'c should be considered military, even if he doesn't have the rank or salutation. He probably has more experience than Hammond.

With that being said, I have to say that Jonas would be an excellent addition to the new team. :p He and Daniel are NOT the same person. They have different approaches, different ways of thinking, different mindsets - I don't think there'd be much of a conflict between Daniel and Jonas, because they're both passive-aggressive people. They know what's right, and they do what's right when it needs to be done, but they aren't leadership material, either. :o

:) Having a team comprised of Sam as the CO, Teal'c acting as 2IC, and Daniel and Jonas would be a great team. They all have really great chemistry together. In fact, if it hadn't been such an issue, it would have been nice to see all five of them (that's including Jack) together for the seventh season.

:cool: They would have made an interesting group of people even more interesting, and it would have brought some freshness to the series. Plus, people would have been able to see the major differences between Daniel and Jonas.

Now... if only they could afford a fifth main character... alas, the MGM Piggy Bank seems to be running dry for SG-1.

Elwe Singollo
May 24th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Yes, if Jonas stayed for the seventh season, indeed, it would have been an interesting season, with five members :) And, Jonas and Daniel makes a good team, 'hint' - Fallen/Homecomming, they did a nice job infiltrating the mother ship, although Jonas did get captured, but thats because of retarded Yu... (I love Yu, but not in that episode :) )

Lord Loz
May 24th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Jacob/Selmak would be an interesting choice...

I wouldn't mind seeing that to be honest. Selmak now knows that hes considered an outcast to the Tok'ra, a weak link, so siding with Earth could be a logical step...Jacobs thinking would surely encourage him to go where he's needed most. And that place certainly isnt with the 'We're Goa'uld in all but name' clan ;)

Andy867
May 28th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Yea, and with both Teal'c and Jacob on the team, their knowledge of Goa'uld technology and information would be invaluable. 2 heads are better than one, after all. (well, 4 if you count Junior and Selmak):)

Crazedwraith
May 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Yea, and with both Teal'c and Jacob on the team, their knowledge of Goa'uld technology and information would be invaluable. 2 heads are better than one, after all. (well, 4 if you count Junior and Selmak):)

Junior is no longer with us. (don't whine to me about spoilers if he ain't seens season 6 he shouldn't be posting in a season 8 folder)

Andy867
May 28th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Oh yea, forgot that Teal'c uses tretonin now. Well still, 3 heads are better than one. Teal'c still has all his memories when serving the Goa'uld. So he may know of things that Selmak may not.

shonac85
May 28th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I want Jonas bak, I miss him. He would be a good 4th member as he knows the procedures and stuff while he was the 4th member in season 6.

BRING BACK JONAS!!!

Anubis
May 28th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Let's bring Jonas back for another season. I think he deserves a better appearance

Elwe Singollo
May 28th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I absolutely agree, even if he isn't in the opening credits/regular, i would really enjoy recurring appearences, such as a 'Janet' -esque role where she wasn't in every episode, but she was in every season.

Bast
May 28th, 2004, 06:38 PM
maybe they could add a Tokra or a goa'uld guy too SG1 , To have Spike the vampire style development.

To qoute Bastila from starwars KOTOR.

"There is no greater edge then too turn a enemy to your cause"

If not I would like too See Daneils Unas freind join the team, It would add some interesting dialogue.

Elwe Singollo
May 28th, 2004, 06:51 PM
That idea is interesting, although i don't want that to happen, that still would be interesting... Haha...

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Chaka on SG-1? You're kidding, right? No offense, but they'd be better off with Poochinski. At least he speaks English. And he fights crime! ;)

Elwe Singollo
May 28th, 2004, 07:11 PM
If Jonas will not return to SG1 (of course, in my world, he has his own little show with his buddy Daniel, in a non slash way of course, haha...), I think i'll add my Drpepper to the team!

Andy867
May 28th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I think that it would be interesting in Season 8 is if SG-1 actually finds a Furling who requests sanctuary, and who like Teal'c, as vast knowledge, and is a formidable warrior. That would be cool to see 2 Tau'ri, 1 Jaffa, 1 Furling on one team:)

Disclaimer: Stargate Command is an equal opportunity intergalactic species employer:)

Elwe Singollo
May 28th, 2004, 11:26 PM
maybe, i would have to think if that would be a good idea, maybe it is, but currently, big headaches are within my head:(

May 29th, 2004, 08:10 PM
I'd like it, never had anything against him...he's a nice guy...he wouls have a really good chemistry with Danny and Sam!!!

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Yes yes! Maybe Jonas can hit some sense into Sam, her character has changed in a way that may not be good.

Thoth
May 31st, 2004, 08:24 AM
Yes yes! Maybe Jonas can hit some sense into Sam, her character has changed in a way that may not be good.

How did Sam change for the worse?

I'd love to see Jonas in Sg1. But I can't imagine it happening. Sure, then the team would have an equal proportion of crazy, military people to sensible, negotiating people. And they'd have to listen to Daniel/Jonas, for once.

Elwe Singollo
May 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
I don't think she has changed 'for the worse', but has changed into something that i don't like, i don't know what it is yet, but i'm trying to figure it out, for all i know, its just me having a headache, haha... maybe i'll edit my previous post if i do find out :)

Andy867
May 31st, 2004, 12:44 PM
It's probably due to the fact that Sam isn't as focused on the Stargate as she is in her life outside of the Air Force and the Stargat Program. Even though they have only shown Pete once, she has definitely had a different attitude and look about her since the "Grace" Episode in which her figment imagination of her father told her that she deserves to love someone and shouldn't be afraid to explore a relationship, because there is more to life than ... Quarks...

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 12:56 PM
I really think Jonas should come back a couple times in season 8 at least. Maybe not as a member of SG-1, but they need to involve him somehow.

Also while Jacob/Selmak would be a good addition to the SGC, i like him as he is now...you see him every now and then, it's all good!

While i dont agree with sg-1 remaining a three person team, i'm not sure who could fill the 4th spot...i do agree it should be someone in the military though. maybe one of the leaders of another SG team? though that wouldnt seem right...i'm not sure

haley maybe?! heehee

ShadowMaat
May 31st, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well, they've already plotted out, what? Half of S8 so far? And not a single mention of Jonas. How much you wanna bet we never see him again? Not in any serious capacity...

In fact, I already have one bet going. If Jonas shows up in a multi-ep arc in S8, I have to dress up as Ma'at and post a pic. I'm not the least bit worried that it'll happen. ;)

Andy867
May 31st, 2004, 03:42 PM
The only problem with using a military person from another SG team is that SG-1 has already been through that before and it didn't go well, especially when Jack was being a double agent for the SGC for the episode Shadow Play. SG-1 is just so driven by what they have all been through that Jonas was the only exception since he was trying his hardest to make up for what he believed was his fault on why Jackson died. So My guess is that it will stay a 3-person team, and Jack will see to it that it stays that way, being a general and commander of the SGC and all.

Jadestar9
June 1st, 2004, 08:43 AM
Whos with me!

I'm with you! However I don't think it will happen. IMHO to many Daniel fans against poor Jonas. He never has a chance. :rolleyes:

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:48 AM
I'm with you! However I don't think it will happen. IMHO to many Daniel fans against poor Jonas. He never has a chance. :rolleyes:
It isn't the Daniel fans you have to worry about... at least not the ones in the audience. :P IMO, the biggest obstacle to Jonas's return is TPTB themselves. They don't seem to want to have anything to do with him.

Anubis
June 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM
It's a shame they don't want nothing to do with him. Although when I spoke to him he did say that he would be doing more work with Sci-Fi. Fingers crossed

Elwe Singollo
June 1st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Hes a good sci-fi actor :) Even if hes not in Stargate, i would enjoy having him in other shows.