• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas as 4th Member

I think Jonas would make a perfect fit as the fourth member of SG-1
    Whos with me!
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Would be smarter for it to be a military team.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

has anyone else noticed that carter has gotten two promotions (next one in season 8) as opposed to jack's 1? he has to at least of been a col for 10 years now (8 seasons of sg-1 + the 2 years difference from the movie). and is there no one else qualified enough to be on the sg-1 team???
      "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

O'Niell has not been on active duty that entire time. He retired at least twice.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

That would be kinda awkard (sp!). Two scientist (three is count Carter) and only one military member? I could just see Daniel and Jonas bickering over who gets to dig here and there, or who gets to translate this, or who gets the girl.
          I think that it should be a military person, not a civilian.
          Jacob/Selmak would be an interesting choice...and for an interesting thought, Hammond.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
            I think Jonas would make a perfect fit as the fourth member of SG-1
            Whos with me!
            I think Jonas knows he is destined to become the ruler of Kelowna. Why would he keep risking his life out there?
            Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Hammond is way too old for field ops.
              Jacob/Selmak has his work as liason to the Tokra and mending fences, being a resource on the tough problems.
              But you are right about a military type...how about one of the guys from Col. Dixon's squad in heroes? There are other teams.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                I think Jonas knows he is destined to become the ruler of Kelowna. Why would he keep risking his life out there?
                I still don't know where you're getting this impression that Jonas is going to be the ruler of Kelowna. What eps/scenes/comments have led you to believe that?

I thought his people wanted him back as an advisor, that's all. And not one they seem to respect very highly, either, or they would have made a much better effort at mediation in Fallout. At least, that's the impression I've always had. "We want you back so you can advise and protect us, but we aren't necessarily going to listen to anything you say."

Comment

Jonas would be an obvious choice in a leader position just due to the fact that he has experiece in other worlds as an ambassador. His stock on the planet has definitely improved.

Comment

From my understanding, from reading GW.net

SPOILERS

O'Neill will see to it that SG-1 remain a 3-person team, plus Jonas has some fences to mend back on his own planet, though it will be obvious that he will miss the action.

You have to also realize that the SG-A team has a civilian leader, only 2 military officers, and a civilian doctor (McKay), plus the occassional appearance of Dr Beckett. So that team has more civies than military, so why shouldnt SG-1 have more non-military than military. Plus, we have already seen what happens when an outside person, especially military, tries to join SG-1, which is probably why Gen. O'Neill wants to keep SG-1 a 3-person team. And I know from my dad's experience as a Col that when you get higher in rank, there is a lot more time in-between promotions, especially since the only thing left after Colonel is the different levels of General.
                    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                      , plus Jonas has some fences to mend back on his own planet, though it will be obvious that he will miss the action.
                      I thought his fences were mended.?.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                        I'll mend his fences any day. hehe, Sorry, couldn't resist.

My personal biased little viewpoint says that Jonas's people don't respect him any more than the SGC did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I'll mend his fences any day. hehe, Sorry, couldn't resist.
                          Cute, and I agree!
                          But, I think he was respected when he left the SGC. Since hes been back home longer than the time he spent on earth, I think they have probably seen his talents too.

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                            Back in his country of Kelowana, yes, but even though the diplomats of the other nations might respect him, he still has to explain to advisers and to the people of Kelowana of what happened, and to calm the public. Course it would help if SGC contacted Jonas and assured him that Anubis wouldn't be coming back to Kelowana.
                            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Maybe Jonas's planet should be destroyed so that we can see some more daniel/jonas scenes! Haha, juss kidding...
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X