Will Sanctuary live past 5 Seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Sanctuary live past 5 Seasons?

With the show getting a 4th Season, I thought I'd ask if people think that Sanctuary will live past 5 Seasons? I mean, considering Syfy's (back when they were Sci-Fi) habit of giving shows a maximum of 5 Seasons examples:

Farscape: Five Seasons + The Peacekeeper Wars
    Stargate SG-1: Five Seasons = After it moved from Showtime to Sci-Fi (Season 6?)
    Stargate Atlantis: Five Seasons
    Battlestar Galactica: Five Seasons

I am hopeful that they have come out of that annoying cycle, so pretty optimistic that we will see at lest 6 or 7 Seasons of the show. I will be VERY impressed if it surpasses SG-1's run.

BSG and Farscape got 4 seasons. I think it has a lot to do how prices rises for every subsquent season you got
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

As Jelgate said, it all depends on the production costs/economy/etc for every subsequent season. etc.
      sigpic
      Don't touch Lola

Comment

Don't forget ratings, as far as we could know all those shoes didn't bring in ratings, depending in time slots and the days they were on.

Comment

I think Sanctuary will get at least a 5th season but more than that I can't say. Though I am hoping for a 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
            With the show getting a 4th Season, I thought I'd ask if people think that Sanctuary will live past 5 Seasons? I mean, considering Syfy's (back when they were Sci-Fi) habit of giving shows a maximum of 5 Seasons examples:

Stargate SG-1: Five Seasons = After it moved from Showtime to Sci-Fi (Season 6?)

I am hopeful that they have come out of that annoying cycle, so pretty optimistic that we will see at lest 6 or 7 Seasons of the show. I will be VERY impressed if it surpasses SG-1's run.
            Star Trek TOS was supposed to be 5 seasons, but it never made it past 3. Though on a DVD special of TMP, a dude said that the ratings system was different back then, had they'd been like they are today, Star Trek may have made it to 5 seasons, 4 for show.

Plus, Amanda herself said she believes they can make it to 5 seasons.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            BSG and Farscape got 4 seasons. I think it has a lot to do how prices rises for every subsequent season you got
            What's a subsequent season? I've heard Amanda say it, but I don't know what it means?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              What's a subsequent season?
              Coming after something in time; following
              sigpic

Comment

I hope it gets more than 5

Comment

I think it will make it to 5, but beyond that... who knows..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    2 other shows I know that only made 5 seasons are..

"Angel"
                    "Ghost Whisperer"

But I'm HOPING that this show does live through 5 because it's an awesome show and I think that 5 seasons isn't enough.
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

when was it made official that sanctuary was getting a fourth season?

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                        when was it made official that sanctuary was getting a fourth season?
                        It hasn't been made offical yet.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                          I think Sanctuary will get at least a 5th season but more than that I can't say. Though I am hoping for a 6th.
                          same!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Definitely LOVE for a 5th season!! it would be aweosme@
                            sigpic

Comment

I am in love with Sanctuary ( more then with StarGate now ) and I am so happy that there will be season 4. I believe that if Amanda,Martin and Damian will have ideas, money and time .. that they will make a lot of seasons of this great TV show. I hope that Amanda will stay in the main role. Sometimes we could see that the main role was changed
                              Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                              / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Working...
                              X