Who is your most disliked character ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your most disliked character ?

Just sth. to find out. I personally most hate Grayza.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Hmmm.... Grayza is disturbing, it is true... What about the Scarren with an eye-obsession? I think all of the characters and actors play important role in the show....

Ah, the woman who wants the Emperor's position. Remember how she almost makes the nuke detonate because she believes it's a bluff. Or the young Tabloid....

Comment

There were a lot of one off guest characters I hated, mainly for being incredibly irritating, but that's too easy.

Of the more central characters I'd probably pick the later version of Zhaan, who turned from a mysterious, sensual and ancient figure in season 1, into an annoyingly superior morality nag in season 2.

Grayza I actually liked, I'll admit mostly for traumatizing the legions of J/A shippers more with one scene than even Scorpius could manage over entire seasons.

What about the Scarren with an eye-obsession? I think all of the characters and actors play important role in the show....
      Her?

'cause she's not a Scarran. Scorpy would never have freaky pseudo bondage strangle sex with a Scarran.

Comment

Actually, I thought he would O.o....
        Scarren wannabe then . I'm sure the actor acts as a Scarren....

Jothee could sometimes be a bit....

Even if characters are irritating, as I said earlier, I like their input. Without annoying characters, a show isn't a show...

Comment

Jool. Definitely. I just couldn't stand Jool.
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end...

Comment

Originally posted by -Plot::Twist- View Post
            Jool. Definitely. I just couldn't stand Jool.
            I felt the same way for a very long time. It is weird, but I started to like her a bit more when I re-watched Farscape with my wife.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Jool used to drive me nuts too, but I really liked her by the time her run on the show came to an end. And was quite annoyed at her fate in PKW.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

None. :/
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Jool used to drive me nuts too, but I really liked her by the time her run on the show came to an end. And was quite annoyed at her fate in PKW.
                  Yeah, same here. She deserved better.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The entire show deserved better than what PKW offered up.

I'd honestly rather it had just never been made at all, and I'm a big time Farscape fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      The entire show deserved better than what PKW offered up.

I'd honestly rather it had just never been made at all, and I'm a big time Farscape fan.
                      Really? Wow, I really enjoyed Peacekeeper Wars. Overall, I thought it was a great ending to the series. Well, until the comics came out, that is.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Since you said dislike, I guess I can say that for at least half of the entire show, I actually didn't like John very much. While it's true that almost everybody on the show had their own agendas, John pretty much had to have things his way regardless of anything else. As the show progressed, his character grew and I found myself liking him more. Don't get me wrong, in almost all of the situations that he and the rest of the crew found themselves in, I found myself in agreement with his behavior and actions. Some of my favorite moments of the show was the dialogue between John and D'argo, but, as a character in the show, it wasn't till late that I actually started to like the guy.

I guess I got tired of the idea that he wanted to get back to Earth so bad. I realize that that theme was the key plot point of the entire show, but all things remaining equal, I wish that it hadn't been. In Series 3, when we had the 2 Johns for a while, I started to really like the John on Talon a whole bunch more after he and Erin hooked up, which I'm sure wasn't just coincidental. He seemed to become a much more rounded individual from that point on.

Anyway, when I saw the topic of the thread, I started to think about it and I realized that disliking the main character was probably an unusual position. But I'm curious if anyone else had a problem with him early on?

Comment

Granny. She was pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                            Since you said dislike, I guess I can say that for at least half of the entire show, I actually didn't like John very much. While it's true that almost everybody on the show had their own agendas, John pretty much had to have things his way regardless of anything else. As the show progressed, his character grew and I found myself liking him more. Don't get me wrong, in almost all of the situations that he and the rest of the crew found themselves in, I found myself in agreement with his behavior and actions. Some of my favorite moments of the show was the dialogue between John and D'argo, but, as a character in the show, it wasn't till late that I actually started to like the guy.

I guess I got tired of the idea that he wanted to get back to Earth so bad. I realize that that theme was the key plot point of the entire show, but all things remaining equal, I wish that it hadn't been. In Series 3, when we had the 2 Johns for a while, I started to really like the John on Talon a whole bunch more after he and Erin hooked up, which I'm sure wasn't just coincidental. He seemed to become a much more rounded individual from that point on.

Anyway, when I saw the topic of the thread, I started to think about it and I realized that disliking the main character was probably an unusual position. But I'm curious if anyone else had a problem with him early on?
                            It's Talyn and Aeryn not Talon and Erin and + I really think that the Sikozu character was pointless cos the directors could have easily made so that... Elack doesn't get Jool aboard and the "Klingons" simply want to scavenge the ship. Jool doesn't stay on Arnessk, falls in love with Scorpy and becomes a Scarran spy. Also, Braca should have been Season 5 nemesis.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Sikozu always felt like a second rate Jool to me to, especially early on. What made Jool more interesting to me was that not only was she in almost the exact same situation as season 1 John, she was basically 100% helpless in a cast full of violent criminals, renegades, and devious schemers.

It manifested an interesting throw back and contrast to the way John was when he first got to the uncharted territories, largely helpless and clueless himself though not quite to the extent of Jool, and what he'd become after only a few years. In that sense then she could be used practically as a story telling aid to introduce new viewers to familiar concepts by having them explained to her, and as well as a character aid for John, had the writing ever actually caught on to how similar the two characters situations were.

Sikozu was just another boring sci-fi action chick with super space kung-fu and super human abilities. She also carried over Jool's casual racism but since it wasn't obvious that she'd come from a highly sheltered society and upbringing it came across as a lot more malicious to me than when Jool did it.

Comment

Working...
                              X