This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tok'ra & Humans

I would like to see an episode where the SGC helps the Tok'ra by providing more human hosts (that would other wise die on both sides). There could be story lines from children to very important adults in the world. Stephen Hawking for instance might be a good choice for one of the guest rolls. Or even friends and family of the SGC. Perhaps Jacob Carter's son becomes ill and would need a symbiote to survive. I just think there's a lot of material there just waiting to be written.

A.C. Waugh
    Fairbanks, Alaska

Well, I doubt that the humans would offer hosts for the Tok'ra but it is possible. However, I feel that it would just be a repeat of The Tok'ra Part 1 and 2

Spoilers, Death Knell and Lost City ;

The Tok'ra, rebel Jeffa and the humans all pulled out of their alliance. It will be interesting to see how the Jeffa and Tok'ra respond when they learn that Earth wiped out Anubis all by themselves!
    __

__

Comment

I for one seriously hope that we've seen the last of the Tok'ra.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by acwaugh
        I would like to see an episode where the SGC helps the Tok'ra by providing more human hosts (that would other wise die on both sides). There could be story lines from children to very important adults in the world. Stephen Hawking for instance might be a good choice for one of the guest rolls. Or even friends and family of the SGC. Perhaps Jacob Carter's son becomes ill and would need a symbiote to survive. I just think there's a lot of material there just waiting to be written.

A.C. Waugh
        Fairbanks, Alaska
        We have enough Carters on the payroll...and enough DeLuises.
        It would be a demeaning role for Hawking.

But the concept for the wounded or ill from the Iraq War would have plausibility.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
          I for one seriously hope that we've seen the last of the Tok'ra.
          Jacob and Anise are cool. But I don't care for the others.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acwaugh

A.C. Waugh
            Fairbanks, Alaska
            The Tok'ra have been underutilized, IMO. The idea of two personalities sharing one body is full of potential that hasn't been developed. What really makes them different from the Goa'uld? How do they work out differences between host and symbiote? SG-1 has never really devoted much time to this. We've never seen any attempt to make connections between the Tok'ra and potential human hosts other than Jacob and Elliot, and that was an accident of war. Wonder why?
            Slainte
            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I've often wondered about that myself,Slainte!

In Season 2,the story arcs introducing the Tok'Ra were so potentially positive,that IMO,some of the best episodes ever for the Series, come from the eps.ITLOD and Tok'Ra 1 + 2. I believed in the mutual benefits deal with truly shared interaction between Host/Symbiote.I thought Serouche/Selmak and Jacob/Selmak was the norm.

In S3,Jack may not have trusted Martouf/Lantash;but again the overall impression I got,was positive relations between SGC/Tok'Ra and further closeness.Martouf/Lantash seemed like two old friends fairly sharing the body of one enriched person.

In S4,things began to turn sour with the way Anise/Freya was portrayed as being fairly scheming and secretive.If she wanted Hammond and SG1 to be Test Dummies for the armbands,without full knowledge of the risks,that seemed to sit fine with the Tok'Ra.I know she denied all knowledge of the plan to sabotage Apophis' new Super Ship,but I felt that the Tok'Ra themselves were quite happy to condone very questionable methods,to get the job done.

Also in a later ep.,"D and C", the whole Zatarc thing made me question the Tok'Ra,as they seemingly were arrogant enough to think that they couldn't possibly be as vulnerable as any human to the Programming!

As a result of that arrogance and Anise/Freya's obvious blind faith in the Zatarc Detector,Sam and Jack were treated as guilty without any appeal,or a second's thought about Martouf's exposure to the Goa'uld.Hence he was unwittingly a timebomb left merrily ticking,while everyone focussed on Sam and Jack.

Sadly the whole thing ended in tragedy and the loss of a very likeable and interesting character,when Martouf died.

By then, I had really severe doubts about the validity of the Tok'Ra as,despite all their fine words of friendship,their actions didn't add up IMO.

In Seasons 5 through 7,the whole "Tok'Ra are the good guys" arcs seem to have fallen into real decay and by the end of S7,I felt there are very few things I really like about their attitudes.The only one I feel I really know and understand is Jacob/Selmak.

I think the PTB should have given more detail,of what it truly means to be a Tok'Ra/Human Blend.Perhaps if they'd been given the power of Hindsight,they could have left Sam with Jolinar intact for a few episodes,instead of going for the too speedy (IMO!) death, at the hands of the Ashrak sent to destroy her.
              Now that would have been a real chance to observe and understand the Tok'Ra.Up close and personal,and using Sam as a conduit.

Just a few thoughts,anyway!
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The Tok'ra are dwindling, dwindling, just getting less and less. Since they have the "split" now with the SGC and are going off on their own, who knows. It does not seem likely that they are going to increase their numbers as they have no queen. They only need new hosts after several generations.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Well, I doubt that the humans would offer hosts for the Tok'ra but it is possible. However, I feel that it would just be a repeat of The Tok'ra Part 1 and 2

The Tok'ra, rebel Jeffa and the humans all pulled out of their alliance. It will be interesting to see how the Jeffa and Tok'ra respond when they learn that Earth wiped out Anubis all by themselves!
                  CAnt wait to see that
                  "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

All by themselves...with the help of the Jaffa. Without the Jaffa they never would have got where they were going, and without Bra'tac they were all dead in a lava bath.

I agree it's going to be one in the eye for the Tok'ra, but the Jaffa didn't pull out because they didn't trust the Tau'ri or because they thought they were no good; they pulled out because they felt they had to do things on their own; because they needed not to be relying on anyone else.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I made another picture (Possible spoiler picture! )

Last edited by Bogopimp; 23 May 2004, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Vanessa Angel reprise her role as the Tok'ra scientist Freya/Anise. I mean, she played a great character in the handful of episodes, and it kind of gave that feeling of the Tok'a want to help, but also let the Tau'ri be their guinea pigs, in a sense. Plus she was one fine Tok'ra. Cant believe O'Neill turned her down in "Divide and Conquer." I would have had my way... umm, nevermind. dont feel like getting reprimanded for lewd messages But you get what I mean. Makes ya wonder what happens if a Goa'uld/Tok'Ra host conceives a child with a normal human.
                        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

That picture is rather amazing

The Tok'ra are a dying race, always have been. I think we just happened to meet them at a bad time, only able to witness their final downfall. I personally feel they've now gone into serious hiding, as in no more espionage action etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                            That picture is rather amazing

The Tok'ra are a dying race, always have been. I think we just happened to meet them at a bad time, only able to witness their final downfall. I personally feel they've now gone into serious hiding, as in no more espionage action etc...
                            Thanks, i like it when people appreciate my work

I dont think it matters the tokr'a are going down really. Apart from anise being pretty fine, they hardly ever seemed to do anything on their won except get information, and get there spys killed while out on important missions! They arent a nuisance on the scale of us taur'i, or the asgard. Or numerous other races who likely regularly battle the goauld. For instance, in that season 7 ep where the promethius crew are stolen by them aliens. Ill bet there pretty damn hard. May not be able to take promethius now it has asgard shields and what not, but still, they must be pretty formidable! And there "must" be other races more advanced in the galaxy who the goault have to steer clear of (but dont, obviously, cause of there arrogance!).

Stargate needs a definate universe, like star trek, then it can really take off. If atlandtis goes well, this could get very star trek esque!

Comment

Spoilers....

I'm getting the general feeling from some S7 episodes that the Tok'ra are not liking us very much. It seemed that they were eager in the beginning, but now they are either twisting us and using us, or are abonding us.

I would love to see the look on the head Tok'ra's face (the one that fought with Jacob in Death Knell) when he finds out that we defeated Anubis.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X