PDA

View Full Version : O' Little Town (410)

Madwelshboy
December 6th, 2010, 01:24 PM
You'd better watch out: Christmas is just different in Eureka — and this year it's totally out of proportion.

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Pharaoh Atem
December 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
from the 15 mins i saw of this i am dissapointed by it. but i'll watch it again in full. i was hoping for more fargo.

Replicator Todd
December 7th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I loved this! Loved how Jo was a secret Santa. Taggart was hilariously awesome, Santaology FTW! :p

Homer 120
December 8th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I loved this! Loved how Jo was a secret Santa. Taggart was hilariously awesome, Santaology FTW! :p

I'm guessing Taggart's the only 'Un-altered' character :P Haven't seen it yet, will watch today

Spimman
December 8th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Absolutely loved this episode!!! Jo being a Scrooge and turning out to be a secret Santa was awesome! Chris Parnell as physicist Santa was really well done and I teared up a bit with Jack at the end, really put me in the Christmas Spirit!

Everlovin
December 8th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Loved loved loved it! Great idea all around.

JustAnotherVoice
December 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I wasn't enamoured by it. Taggart was a parody of himself. No, worse. He's a parody of a parody. He was always a bit odd, but he was crazy for the sake of being crazy in the ep.

I won't even go into the pseudo magic that goes on with santa. Or Zoe's singing voice.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Very good Christmas episode. Very unexpected as well! It was rather enjoyable...

DigiFluid
December 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I am very confused....when is Carter's storytelling supposed to be set? This is their first Christmas since futzing with the timeline, but he's telling the kids a story of a past Christmas that involves a talking/mentally-stable Kevin, Fargo in charge of GD, and Allison running medical. What gives?

I loved the Christmas intro sequence, and the holiday font for the names. And it was great to see Taggart again.

Ultimately I don't think this was an especially good first effort at a Christmas episode. Too disjointed and scatterbrained for my liking, it desperately needed more focus. Hope next year's is better (if they do it again).

Lovely final moments of the episode though.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I am very confused....when is Carter's storytelling supposed to be set? This is their first Christmas since futzing with the timeline, but he's telling the kids a story of a past Christmas that involves a talking/mentally-stable Kevin, Fargo in charge of GD, and Allison running medical. What gives?

I loved the Christmas intro sequence, and the holiday font for the names. And it was great to see Taggart again.

Ultimately I don't think this was an especially good first effort at a Christmas episode. Too disjointed and scatterbrained for my liking, it desperately needed more focus. Hope next year's is better (if they do it again).

I had the same questions about the episode. I did enjoy it, but I was wondering when the episode was supposed to take place. Isn't this the first Christmas since the futzed timeline.

Killdeer
December 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I wasn't overly thrilled about the storytelling aspect of the episode, or the timeline fuzziness, but I suspect it was done that way deliberately to leave the audience wondering....did it really happen or did Carter make it all up?

Overall though I thought it was a fun episode.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I wasn't overly thrilled about the storytelling aspect of the episode, or the timeline fuzziness, but I suspect it was done that way deliberately to leave the audience wondering....did it really happen or did Carter make it all up?

Good thoughts...

aretood2
December 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I did like Taggart though, if anyone out there was santa crazy, it would be Taggart. That unknown scientist was suspicious from the start...>.>...I think Jack made it up.

Homer 120
December 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Eureka
- 1.919 million viewers
- 1.2/2 HH
- 0.6/2 A18-49

Warehouse 13
- 2.015 million viewers
- 1.3/2 HH
- 0.7/2 A18-49

Thanks to Briangate for these!

tomstone
December 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
For the Timeline-fuzziness, it was just a little look into the Future Eureka. Telling the Story about what happened this Year. I really enjoyed this Episode and I am more of a Grinch actually. So that says a lot.

Taggart really is the most the best Character of the whole Series. I hope they keep him around for ever.

Spimman
December 9th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I thought it was stated when the announced the Christmas specials that they weren't going to exactly fit into the Canon of the shows...maybe I dreamed that up...:confused:

I like the idea that it was a future Eureka Jack telling the story of this year's Christmas!

LtColCarter
December 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I thought it was stated when the announced the Christmas specials that they weren't going to exactly fit into the Canon of the shows...maybe I dreamed that up...:confused:

I like the idea that it was a future Eureka Jack telling the story of this year's Christmas!

Actually...I heard nothing about the specials until I looked at upcoming shows on my DVR.

Madness reigns
December 9th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Actually...I heard nothing about the specials until I looked at upcoming shows on my DVR.

I knew nothing about the christmas ep until I started watching season 1 - 2 weeks ago!! :D

Now I've watched up to season 4 I really enjoyed this episode - Definately lived up to it's title :)

Personally I think that the kids he was telling the story to are old enough to realise just about anything goes in Eureka - especially when involving Taggart!! :D

Going to see how many of my non-scifi friends I can get to watch this one ;)

Akamaimom
December 9th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I enjoyed it--and had the same questions about the time line issues. But I'm willing to let go of canon and just have fun with an episode every once in a while.

I like Taggert--but sometimes his delivery gets swallowed and I can't understand him. I know--typical American, you say. But I've been all over the world (including to New Zealand and Wales :eek:) and have been able to understand all the people I've talked to. I've also got many Aussie friends, and so it's not just an Australian accent thing. He doesn't enunciate (a keystone issue for an actor), and he runs his words together. So, I like the character, but I wish he'd concentrate more on being audible and less on his funky delivery.

But the show was fun--if not perfect. I laughed out loud several times.

Jack Carter has genius comic timing and physical ability. Wow.

SaberBlade
December 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM

I don't believe it was the future or a past episode. I think Jack just told a story of what was going on right then. For me, it was when Zane was seen wearing the same shirt during the crisis and after Jack told the story, that proved to me Jack was just talking about his day.

tomstone
December 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I don't believe it was the future or a past episode.

I thought I made that point already and spimman repeated it in his last sentence.

I think Jack just told a story of what was going on right then.

Where does this disagree with what Spimman said? Altough you made a good point with the shirt. It was their clothing in General that did let us know that.

Killdeer
December 9th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I don't believe it was the future or a past episode. I think Jack just told a story of what was going on right then. For me, it was when Zane was seen wearing the same shirt during the crisis and after Jack told the story, that proved to me Jack was just talking about his day.

Oh I like that idea. I missed that it was the same shirt.

Everlovin
December 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed it--and had the same questions about the time line issues. But I'm willing to let go of canon and just have fun with an episode every once in a while.

I like Taggert--but sometimes his delivery gets swallowed and I can't understand him. I know--typical American, you say. But I've been all over the world (including to New Zealand and Wales :eek:) and have been able to understand all the people I've talked to. I've also got many Aussie friends, and so it's not just an Australian accent thing. He doesn't enunciate (a keystone issue for an actor), and he runs his words together. So, I like the character, but I wish he'd concentrate more on being audible and less on his funky delivery.

But the show was fun--if not perfect. I laughed out loud several times.

Jack Carter has genius comic timing and physical ability. Wow.

I think part of that problem is Matt Frewer is American. He's faking that accent so some parts of it are very clear and others aren't.

JustAnotherVoice
December 10th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I think part of that problem is Matt Frewer is American. He's faking that accent so some parts of it are very clear and others aren't.

It's not just that. He over does it. Part of Taggart's charm is how much scenery Frewer chews whenever he's on screen, which comes with an extra helping or two of Crocodile Dundee, maite.

Akamaimom
December 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM

See now? Makes sense. I didn't know that. Well, then, as an actor (one of my useless college degrees), I'd say that he's missing the point of his job. He's funny, and seriously is one of my faves--when I catch what he's saying.

billyd797
December 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
totally enjoyed this ep.

tomstone
December 12th, 2010, 09:11 AM
See now? Makes sense. I didn't know that. Well, then, as an actor (one of my useless college degrees), I'd say that he's missing the point of his job. He's funny, and seriously is one of my faves--when I catch what he's saying.

Strange, I am German and I understand him about all the time. There are words I sometimes cant figure out, but thats normal.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
December 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
hey what christmas songs did they use in this episode?

aretood2
December 15th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Strange, I am German and I understand him about all the time. There are words I sometimes cant figure out, but thats normal.

I can understand him too, but I think different people can understand different accents better, though I have to ask. How well can you tell the different English accents from each other?

Rickington
December 15th, 2010, 06:51 AM
I loved this episode. :D

I thought it was hilarious when Carter yelled, "Fruitcake!" at Vincent... :P

aretood2
December 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I loved this episode. :D

I thought it was hilarious when Carter yelled, "Fruitcake!" at Vincent... :P
And the way Vincent responded :P

tomstone
December 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I can understand him too, but I think different people can understand different accents better, though I have to ask. How well can you tell the different English accents from each other?

I would say pretty good, after all they all have their certain pattern. I would say Taggarts accent is supposed to be Australien, thought I cant remember hearing the word "Maitee" in that Language.

And the way Vincent responded :P

The best one was still "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE INGESTED????!!!!!!!"

Replicator Todd
December 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM
The best one was still "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE INGESTED????!!!!!!!"

:lol: I love that!

Rickington
December 16th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Me too! It would of been funnier if Carter ate a whole tray of them :P

Everlovin
December 16th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Didn't he have like 5 or 6 of them?

billyd797
December 16th, 2010, 10:46 AM
at least

LtColCarter
December 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Me too! :D

tomstone
December 16th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Didn't he have like 5 or 6 of them?

Probably more, but hey, if those cakes return to normal size at some point, he would be the first Choice for Eurekas Santa Claus.

LtColCarter
December 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Probably more, but hey, if those cakes return to normal size at some point, he would be the first Choice for Eurekas Santa Claus.

*mental image* ROFLMAO :lol:

Replicator Todd
December 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Me too! It would of been funnier if Carter ate a whole tray of them :P

And then somehow be Super Huge and fat at the end of the episode. :p

Me too! :D

I think it may be one of the funniest lines in Eureka IMO. :D

LtColCarter
December 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I think it may be one of the funniest lines in Eureka IMO. :D

Yeah...I can see that! ;)

MIZA
December 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
well that was weird i fell asleep and apparently woke up watching christmas episode of Eureka ? ! :S

is this christmas miracle or something , btw this happened on my computer .... so hmm ?!

Linda06
December 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM

You know, I was thinking that too :confused:

As for the ep, it was ok I guess, not the best though. Jo as secret Santa? I'm sorry, I just didn't buy that *shrugs*

I seem to be losing a little bit of interest in Eureka this season :(