Sending a Databurst from Destiny to Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending a Databurst from Destiny to Earth

I wonder if it would be possible to use the gate networks to send a data burst from gate to gate until it reached Destiny (or Earth if going the other direction) by either using the correlative update program, or some other means. This would allow the folks on Destiny to send back important data, like how to make a Kino, or if they get access to a Seeder again, the blueprints for building Stargates! This would also allow the folks back home to send data back to destiny.

No.

The gate network only worked between Pegasus and the MW because of the Midway gate bridge.

Comment

While that is true. I would love if nothing else, to see a version of "Letters from Pegasus" where they gated to the SGC for what 1.4 seconds... to send a databurst back.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        While that is true. I would love if nothing else, to see a version of "Letters from Pegasus" where they gated to the SGC for what 1.4 seconds... to send a databurst back.
        Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
        Spoiler:
        Maybe we will get something on this in "Seizure".
        sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Sure.

Young: We;re going to use a lot of power and time to send data back to Earth so they can build a kino
          Everyone: How about using that power to GET US HOME!

Good idea.

Comment

I wonder, if they could Hook up a computer storage device to the com stone platform on Earth, having someone use the chair with instructions from the bridge, to download segments of Destiny's databanks, use the com stones and voila, instant intell report

N.C

Comment

why copy another show when you have the comm stones.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Actually I wish the comm stones for some reason became unavailable for a long time, say...The Tauri comm device was damaged and needed to be restored and that took 5-6 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  I wonder, if they could Hook up a computer storage device to the com stone platform on Earth, having someone use the chair with instructions from the bridge, to download segments of Destiny's databanks, use the com stones and voila, instant intell report

N.C
                  Doubtful, since all we have seen the stones do is transfer Consiousness.

Actually I wish the comm stones for some reason became unavailable for a long time, say...The Tauri comm device was damaged and needed to be restored and that took 5-6 episodes.
                  Other than getting Perry onboard, there has not been much use of them in this season so far.

Comment

Indeed but the stones are kind of ruining the "stranded" vibe...You are not really stranded if you can go visit your friends and family.

Comment

But it is not truely visiting, as it was in season 2 SGA onward. They are still limited to the supplies they have, can make or acquire... and won't get more reinforcements unless the SGC can get another icarus planet..

Comment

But it is not truely visiting, as it was in season 2 SGA onward. They are still limited to the supplies they have, can make or acquire... and won't get more reinforcements unless the SGC can get another icarus planet..
                        Which should be easy. Destiny has details of every planet that has a gate on each galaxie it passed. Certainly it has data on planets on galaxies nearby the milky way that are a month away with a ZPM and are an Icarus type planet.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

With SGA they can always run home if stuff got really bad, not so much with Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
                            Indeed but the stones are kind of ruining the "stranded" vibe...You are not really stranded if you can go visit your friends and family.
                            but the stones don't give you food,water and all the other things you need to survive
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                              Which should be easy. Destiny has details of every planet that has a gate on each galaxie it passed. Certainly it has data on planets on galaxies nearby the milky way that are a month away with a ZPM and are an Icarus type planet.
                              That's a valid point.

Comment

Working...
                              X