PDA

View Full Version : The AI is very selected or twisted

Ashman
December 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Why would the AI of Destiny try to help TJ and not anyone eles? So far the ship will help Rush, Young and TJ. What no AI projection for Eli?:daniel:

tomstone
December 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Why would the AI of Destiny try to help TJ and not anyone eles? So far the ship will help Rush, Young and TJ. What no AI projection for Eli?:daniel:

What would you suggest Destiny to put into Eli´s Dreams to help him?
Young:It was figuring out if he was right for whats to come.
Rush:He simply couldnt be trusted alone, he needed some Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder.
TJ:..is the only near to be qualified medical they have on Destiny, therefore vital to survival.

Eli lost a lot of People, but making them re-appear in his dreams wont help him.

Kanten
December 3rd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Didn't Rush turn off the ship's Mind Screw mode, or was that just Young's Kobayashi Maru mode?

Aurora24
December 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
I think Rush just switched off Young's simulation. Which raises the question of whether or not what Young experienced could happen again, because I think Rush said something about only being able to stop it temporarily. However now that Young is acting as a responsible Commander I wonder if Destiny would feel the need to re-test his fitness as a leader. I also wonder if perhaps Telford will be the next person to experience the simulation once whatever Rush did stops working. Since he's back on board Destiny may consider him a possible leader, especially since the ship hasn't seen Telford have the kind of breakdown that Young had.

Ashman
December 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
I can see how the AI selected to interact with Rush. It made sense, maybe Franklin somehow influenced the AI. The AI not helping Chloe? but yet TJ having her mind messed with? I voting for twisted!

erotavlas
December 3rd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe the AI has a thing for TJ... you know due to having recently absorbed Franklin's consciousness :)

Ashman
December 3rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Maybe the AI has a thing for TJ... you know due to having recently absorbed Franklin's consciousness :)

You know maybe that why its selective.

garhkal
December 4th, 2010, 12:49 AM
So it would see a need to "mess with certain people", since franklin knew young was unstable (he was already showing signs of being a bad leader), rush was a conving SOB who needed to be told to play nice, and TJ was the only doc who already tried to leave the ship/crew cause of the baby.

knowles2
December 4th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Why would the AI of Destiny try to help TJ and not anyone eles? So far the ship will help Rush, Young and TJ. What no AI projection for Eli?:daniel: Rush turn the system off before Gin died.
Riley death did not affect Eli until Gin died.

Also Eli is far more logical than TJ an would of just write it of as just destiny fracking with him.

Puddle-Jumper
December 4th, 2010, 08:10 AM
What would you suggest Destiny to put into Eli´s Dreams to help him?
Young:It was figuring out if he was right for whats to come.
Rush:He simply couldnt be trusted alone, he needed some Jiminy Cricket on his shoulder.
TJ:..is the only near to be qualified medical they have on Destiny, therefore vital to survival.

Eli lost a lot of People, but making them re-appear in his dreams wont help him.

Plus to be very fair Eli and Gin barely had any relationship at all, they'd known each other for a very short period of time, something that you cannot compare to the loss of a child at all... The AI interacting with Rush and Young for the good of both the ship, its mission and everyone aboard.

thekillman
December 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
there are multiple Scientists onboard. but Rush was the only one who knew of the Bridge, Young is the only one really fit to command. Eli is important but not crucial. TJ is crucial since she's the only medic onboard.

but hey, i do not believe it was Destiny. i still believe it's either the Aliens or an Out Of Body Experience

Aewon
December 9th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Personally, I don't think it's an AI, but a real woman, possibly terminally ill, who became one with the ship the same way as Franklin did. AIs can malfunction or break down. If the ship has the capability of making a person one with the ship it would be beyond idiotic to give it an AI, expecting it to last for that long.

tomstone
December 9th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Personally, I don't think it's an AI, but a real woman, possibly terminally ill, who became one with the ship the same way as Franklin did. AIs can malfunction or break down. If the ship has the capability of making a person one with the ship it would be beyond idiotic to give it an AI, expecting it to last for that long.

We still dont know what happened to Franklin exactly. I mean its obvious that the Ship did something to him, but what is still in the realm of guessing.

norph
December 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
We still dont know what happened to Franklin exactly. I mean its obvious that the Ship did something to him, but what is still in the realm of guessing.

Would be kind of creepy if he is actually still strap in the chair but Destiny just using mind tricks to prevent people from actually seeing him.

Shadow_7
December 9th, 2010, 06:48 PM
He would have starved by now IMO. Unless destiny is hoarding food. And that stasis thing.

Which raises the question, was Spencer the ships FIRST CHOICE for commander? And ultimately drove him to end his own life? Encouraged by wanting to save more than just 17 lives in light? (however selfish / a command characteristic)

lordofseas
December 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Plus to be very fair Eli and Gin barely had any relationship at all, they'd known each other for a very short period of time, something that you cannot compare to the loss of a child at all... The AI interacting with Rush and Young for the good of both the ship, its mission and everyone aboard.

...other than having sex. Having sex is as close as you can get, physically. :P

Python
December 10th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Why didn't it try to help Rush and Eli cope with the deaths of their loved ones?

Perhaps because TJ is so vital, as the only physician, that it was worth lying to her to keep her function. Protecting her means protecting the rest of the crew.

Then there's also the idea that maybe Eli and Rush are more skeptically-minded. That even if they had visions about their loved ones surviving, they would not interpret it in terms of belief.

garhkal
December 10th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Would be kind of creepy if he is actually still strap in the chair but Destiny just using mind tricks to prevent people from actually seeing him.

And later on, rus would not have been able to use it on chloe...

Ashman
December 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Also why is the AI doing nothig for Chloe? No mind tricks nothing..I miss Gloria

Steelbox
December 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
And later on, rus would not have been able to use it on chloe...

True.
Young, Rush and TJ are the only ones that needed help thats why the ship did nothing to the others, plus that feature has been off for quiet some time now and i doubt it will be turned on.

tomstone
December 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
True.
Young, Rush and TJ are the only ones that needed help thats why the ship did nothing to the others, plus that feature has been off for quiet some time now and i doubt it will be turned on.

Its not off. Rush blocked the simulations control over the FTL to get the Ship going again. The AI or whatever apparently just thought it was pointless to keep testing Young now. I am pretty sure he got the last confidence boost he needed when the Ship started going after he yelled commands.

It did let Rush know that he made a mistake by doing this and left it at that.

Shadow_7
December 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
It's helping Rush with the holograms. I'm not sure what if anything it's doing for Eli. But as far as TJ, she's female and we all know that they're all crazy to start with. So it doesn't take an AI to mess with their heads.

From a different POV, perhaps Young still has one of those ticks (circa pain) on him? And booze was his way of keeping it's influence at bay. Kind of like our "modern" cancer treatments. Do everything short of killing the patient to kill the disease. Or that AZT stuff for HIV, it kills cells, if it happens to be an HIV cell, success.

pipi
December 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
The AI dream machine should give out wet dreams. Everyone would be much happier. :)

garhkal
December 13th, 2010, 02:00 AM
That would be interesting to see what it would do for Parks or Vanessa

Shadow_7
December 14th, 2010, 06:27 AM
The AI dream machine should give out wet dreams. Everyone would be much happier. :)

Except the quarter master who has to wash the sheets.

lt1superman
January 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I dont think its an AI either... personally I feel its an ancient or some other ascended being, or possibly even the planet builders... who the hell really knows lol