Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help save Stargate Video games (Worlds and Resistance)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help save Stargate Video games (Worlds and Resistance)

hello, for people who do not know me I am bahamut8591 form the Stargate Worlds forums. I am also a contributor for SGGamingInfo. I wish for everybody here to sign this petition so we can keep our beloved Stargate games. Thank you. CLICK HERE for the petition.

Hi Gateworld Fans, as you know there have been two Stargate Video games in production recently! Stargate Worlds and Stargate Resistance have had both of their licenses pulled due to MGM's recent restructuring and emerging from bankruptcy. We are happy that MGM is doing better now, and now hope to show them that giving the licenses back to CME to finish the games and keep them running!

Now CME obviously throws up a red-flag for many who know the situation that has ensued for the past year or two. But do not be afraid, Gary Whiting, the main man behind the demise of CME is no longer in charge of the company. It is currently under receivership, which is a court-ordered Director and President and handles all the companies operations, and Gary Whiting almost definitely will not be reinstated as Director nor President of CME.

So what do we propose? A petition consisting of 10,000 signatures that will be sent to MGM to show that there is a strong enough fan base that supports the game and wants to see it improve! At the bottom I will quote an excerpt from the Petition that details our requests.

Sign the petition by following one of these links!
    Sign the Petition on Care2
    Or sign the petition through facebook!

Be sure to share this on your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

You can also become our fan on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter!

Link Us!! Official petition link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-sgr-sgw/

This is an excerpt of the petition:
    We, the Undersigned, therefore petition that one or more of the following scenarios should be achieved allowing us to continue what has become an enjoyable pastime.

1. The development team is allowed to publish more content (example: maps, character models, and game types for Stargate Resistance, and/or the license to continue development of the MMORPG Stargate Worlds beta) .

2. Continued hosting of the game by CME, as a service, as DCG/Firesky have done, and will do for the next two months, with no further development of Stargate Resistance.

3. The distribution of the hosted Stargate Resistance server executables so that they can be run privately and/or public servers to be maintained by the public (example: the SGR/SGW community).

4. Full release of the entire Stargate Resistance game/source code to the community to be modified and improved by the community, for the community.
    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

sorry no interest
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To be honest ive read a lot of posts on the SGW/SGR forums and and know what the situation is. Lack of fan support is not the issue so petitions sadly will not work.

Comment

Nah.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I've been hoping for a Stargate game since they started working of Alliance and I've had nothing but disappointment every time one has been started. I don't see a petition changing a thing. Good luck with getting those signatures though.
            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

wth people just sign the thing, I dont care for the games because I think they hit rock-bottom with all the controversy but still a stargate game out there might encourage others to do the same.
              sigpic

Comment

Well sign it anyways. You never know what your signature could do. Even if you aren't a die hard fan of the game, sign it. If it doesn't work, then it was worth the effort. It takes 1 minutes to sign.
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

no thanks, even if the game was made, if they charged monthly for me to play SGW I couldn't afford to pay for Star Trek Online and Stargate Worlds at the same time, and STO is higher on my priorities. And it isn't a fan issue but a financial issue for the Stargate games so a petition won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    no thanks, even if the game was made, if they charged monthly for me to play SGW I couldn't afford to pay for Star Trek Online and Stargate Worlds at the same time, and STO is higher on my priorities. And it isn't a fan issue but a financial issue for the Stargate games so a petition won't help.
                    So don't play it, just sign it so others can play it. Don't be selfish lol

Comment

There was only like 20 people or so on the Resistance servers from reading on the official boards. Not many people played the game. MGM just does not want to pay the money needed for it

Comment

Shouldn't this topic be in a more appropriate section btw?

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          There was only like 20 people or so on the Resistance servers from reading on the official boards. Not many people played the game. MGM just does not want to pay the money needed for it
                          Yes because of the court problems the game was stagnant for about 2 months and during this time many left. MGM doesn't even need to invest money, they could simply allow the source code to be released, which would then allow fans to mod the game. That is on of our options we are seeking.

Comment

Main issue SGR had in my opinion was than when it was released it simply was not a finished product so it got the reputation of being a somewhat mediocre game. I would say that its only now in the state that it should of been in at launch. They really dropped the ball with it.

Comment

As much as I've wanted a good Stargate game for the better part of a decade, I'm having trouble getting behind CME anymore. Electing to do an MMO as a first project for a new studio is a monumental task in every case. SGR felt rushed out the door to raise funds instead of being finished.

SGW started production in 2006, it's almost 2011 and the game looked dated and far from completion the last time we saw any of it. I have a feeling that I'd likely end up disappointed if it did get released.

I'm all for Stargate games, I'm just not sure if CME should be the one to make them.

Comment

Working...
                              X