PDA

View Full Version : Chloe's Abilities

Dave_5124
November 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM
So what do you guys think that Chloe did at that consul after she escaped?

jelgate
November 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Save Destiny

Doctor Nicholas Rush
November 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
She called her friends with the communication device of the Destiny, the Smurfs. Because the Smurfs will help us against the evil robot/drone ships !

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
She called her friends with the communication device of the Destiny, the Smurfs. Because the Smurfs will help us against the evil robot/drone ships !

pretty hard being in another galaxy

J-Whitt Remastered
November 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
She was playing Tetris. Gotta beat that Ancient high score.

morbosfist
November 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
All of a sudden Destiny transforms into Voltron!

More seriously, bet she did something to the shields or weapons that will take out all the drones.

rsanchez
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
The blue aliens were waiting in the wings for Chloe to go alien enough for them to come in. The Ursini set of an emergency beacon and some of their remnants will come. The Ursini, Destiny, and blue aliens will kill the drones, then the Ursini and Destiny will fight the blue aliens, then the Destiny will fight the Ursini.

morbosfist
November 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Nah. The Ursini aren't malicious like that. The blues will destroy the drones, then attack Destiny and the seed ship. The seed ship will probably be destroyed, then more Ursini ships will show up and kill the blues.

VampyreWraith
November 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm thinking she called her friends, the blues, too. I think it would be kinda pointless for Chloe to start turning into a blue if they weren't going to bring them back into the story somehow(imo)

Galileo_Galilee
November 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM
She went from suck to blow.

zainea13
November 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM
there is some way to improve the ship through commands and that is waht she did. but realized it was too late for her ... cue time travel ep

JoseP927
November 30th, 2010, 09:04 PM
She did what anyone would do in a situation like this....she updated her Facebook status!! LOL

Replicator Todd
November 30th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Chloe did something awesome, thats for sure.

Kaiphantom
November 30th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm guessing Destiny is carrying some early models of drones, and Chloe just activated them.

Sami_
December 1st, 2010, 12:14 AM
I think she hacked into the seed ships computer and set it on a collision course with the command ship.

Cold Fuzz
December 1st, 2010, 12:59 AM

I agree. Given what Franklin said to Rush in Trial and Error, I'm thinking that the threat of the Smurfs has passed, at least for now. However, Franklin alluded to a greater threat that's coming and I'm guessing that the Drones we're seeing are just a little taste of what's coming. I think that that Chloe either did something to the ship's defenses or somehow got a signal to call for Ursini reinforcements. Either way, I think we won't be seeing the Smurfs again, except for Chloe.

But if the Smurfs do decide to show up in force, I'm thinking that the Ursini and the Smurfs have encountered each other before. It's likely that both parties are familiar with the Drones too.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 01:00 AM
Chloe did say it was too late and also in a negative way. So what does that mean, hmm... I'll root for a battle royal of Blues, Ursini, Drones and Destiny. I don't think the Ursini will summon their buddies because if they could they would have already done so without Destiny's help.

Cold Fuzz
December 1st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Chloe did say it was too late and also in a negative way. So what does that mean, hmm... I'll root for a battle royal of Blues, Ursini, Drones and Destiny. I don't think the Ursini will summon their buddies because if they could they would have already done so without Destiny's help.

I personally think that the threat of the Smurfs has passed but if all 4 parties show up, that'll be a fight that will deteriorate into a total furball very quickly. Personally, I'd like to see how a battle royale that desperate & vicious turns out.

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 01:54 AM
I think she hacked into the seed ships computer and set it on a collision course with the command ship.Ah, pretty good theory. :)

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 02:26 AM
she sent the Drone Ship Master Code, causing a forced shut down. turns out the Blues designed these moddafackas, and they're the ones behind the whole things. Browns get angry, and leave destiny to it's fate. of course it can't be a twoparter without serious firework, so it turns out Chloe also called the blues, and we get a situation ala Trial and Error

I don't think the Ursini will summon their buddies because if they could they would have already done so without Destiny's help.

considering the Drone Ships were dormant, it's quite a safe bet that either the Browns are extinct or they left this patch of space

FoX-1028
December 1st, 2010, 02:35 AM
She called the smurfs!! :D

Shai Hulud
December 1st, 2010, 04:01 AM

Got off a signal to the Blueberries saying "Teenage Mutant Blueberry Chloe in imminent danger! A little help please Blue dudes?"

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
She called her friends with the communication device of the Destiny, the Smurfs.

This is to me the most likely explanation. And since the blues DO have FTL, who is to say they cannot follow the destiny into this galaxy.

But if the Smurfs do decide to show up in force, I'm thinking that the Ursini and the Smurfs have encountered each other before. It's likely that both parties are familiar with the Drones too.

Smurfs, no, Ursini yes.

Chloe did say it was too late and also in a negative way. So what does that mean, hmm... I'll root for a battle royal of Blues, Ursini, Drones and Destiny.

ALl that was missing, was her putting her pinky to her mouth, dr evil style.. It definitely sounded menacing when she said it.

considering the Drone Ships were dormant, it's quite a safe bet that either the Browns are extinct or they left this patch of space

From what Telford said they had been in 'hybernation a long time' so who knows, how long they have been there.

jayzee786
December 1st, 2010, 05:15 AM
I'm thinking she called her blue friends

First post long time lurker :D

knowles2
December 1st, 2010, 06:09 AM
She remodulated the frequency of the shield to a trans phasing triaxilating frequency to make the drones weapons useless but did not do it in time before the shields collapsed.

She also programmed the repair bot to repair the engines. It would be cool to see a similar sequence R2D2 in starwars phantom menace, with the bot hanging on deperately trying to repair the engines. .

Ser Scot A Ellison
December 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
Programed the ship to cook her burrito. She's hungry.

Utitan
December 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
I think it seems fair that when she said "It's too late" she was eluding to the fact she has already input commands.. I like the idea of hacking the seed ship and running a collision course with the command ship. She somehow knew the Ursini couldn't be trusted. They evidently aren't that smart either, sending a crippled Destiny into a fight they were already using.

Rerouting power could be likely. Perhaps they have been using back up breakers and capacitors all along and she brought the energy grid back up to speed after flying through the star. we shall see.

jelgate
December 1st, 2010, 06:57 AM
This is to me the most likely explanation. And since the blues DO have FTL, who is to say they cannot follow the destiny into this galaxy.

Smurfs, no, Ursini yes.

ALl that was missing, was her putting her pinky to her mouth, dr evil style.. It definitely sounded menacing when she said it.

From what Telford said they had been in 'hybernation a long time' so who knows, how long they have been there.
That is yet to be seen. Ultimately we have no idea if the Blues can cross galaxies in weeks like Destiny of if takes years

ns2
December 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
Couple of theories
1) she activated Destiny's Deus ex Machina

2)She called the Blues to the rescue
Since they want to get on Destiny they won't destroy it
We don't know if they didn't follow us into this galaxy, we just never saw them
They could also be like humans of SG1/SGA and have populated other galaxies
it is also possible that the previous galaxy wasn't their own

3) Since she said it's too late
most likely she meant you can't stop me
or she activated some time machine/reversal/distortion field

Makenshi
December 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM

This. And don't forget that I've been right before when calling future events, like Telford arriving on the Seede Ship (see the trailers thread, I did it there)

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
The only thing that bother me a little bit at the moment with the Chloe situation is that she seems not to be in control of her actions. I think for dramatic purpose it would be better if she's in control of her actions...eventually. She would feel like she's still herself but with a different point of view, emotions, physical (metaphysical ;)) capacity and knowledge. While people on the Destiny would probably still doubt her and/or try to cope with her transformation. Her not being in control of herself will be very good though if the blue aliens are really involve in all of this (in the sense that they planned for Chloe to be sent back on the Destiny ship). I can see a multitude of way this could turn out of the writers decide to go all the way.

Galileo_Galilee
December 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well, I for one don't want to this be a permanent thing.

I don't mind he having a bunch of knowledge that can help the crew, I just don't want to see her turned into a God Mode Mary Sue.

James71
December 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM

SpaceBalls !!!

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 09:02 AM
Well, I for one don't want to this be a permanent thing.

I don't mind he having a bunch of knowledge that can help the crew, I just don't want to see her turned into a God Mode Mary Sue.
I want the transformation to be a permanent thing but I don't want her to be all powerful and knowledgeable, but be different and having to deal with those new emotions, capacity, etc is very interesting for a character. The trick for the writers is to make her transformations linked with the other storylines like the Destiny mission, the blue aliens threat, the new galaxy and lifeforms there, etc.

tomstone
December 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
I am pretty sure she did something positive eventhough her reaction seemed negative. So far, whenever she blacked out, she didnt really do something bad. If she was pre-programmed to send a signal to the blues, she would have done so a long time ago. Doors wont hold her and security neither if they are not prepared to get their Head smashed in by a Girl.

I would go with it, that Chloe did send the Seedership on collision course. It seems like something Smurfette would do. It is a totally accaptable strategy if you dont care that that ship means a way home and it is a good excuse for TPTB to leave the Destiny Crew stranded a while longer till they find another seeder ship. (What are the odds of that? I guess 0)

dacooker
December 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
I think she hacked into the seed ships computer and set it on a collision course with the command ship.

this

Dark Angel
December 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM

SpaceBalls !!!

Thanks for clarifying that, cause I was thinking something entirely different.

I think she did something to the FTL drive, to get them out in the nick of time leaving the seedship out to dry.

Dregun
December 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
I still don't think the "Blues" are as bad as they have been portrayed. I think the Ursini are not what they say they are or Telford didn't understand the images well enough. Chloe said not to trust them, any chance the Ursini AND the blues are at war with the Drones? Only difference is the Blues are more intelligent and wouldn't try to take on the mother ship head on with all of the drones present. Maybe they have been removed from thier home world by a hostile?

I mean when you think about what happend to Chloe it wasn't like they intended on her going back to Destiny. Since they wanted her on thier ship why would she be pre-programmed to send out codes to communicate with them? Chloe was never meant to go back to Destiny, it wasn't in thier original plan; she was taken back from them and therefore the idea that she could some how be a spy of some sort seems a little unbelievable to me.

I'm going with the idea that we have a major mis understanding with the Blues, they altered Chloe on accident but thought she could benifit and still persued it. They may have been looking for a cure for some disease crippling thier race or something. Also what is the chance that they want Destiny not because of the ship but the information it holds? Maybe they need all of the data on the computer to find something important to them and could care less about the ship as it were.

I think the Blues interest in Chloe was only to be an ambassador for them. A being both human and blue that understands the cultures, biology and emotions of the beings they are both studying and trying to communicate with.

SeaCobra
December 1st, 2010, 11:25 AM
New here, so spoiler tags to be sure!

Immediately after the episode I thought of the seeder ship collision course theory as posted above. Here is the thinking behind it.

As someone said above Chloe seems to have some understanding that the Ursini should not be trusted.
From what she has said it sounds like there is another consciousness inside her mind.
If you took the time to implant something into her that would transform her and instill some kind of consciousness into her it would make sense to give it a strong survival instinct.
For instance her blood being resistant to those creatures. In humans we have fight or flight mechanisms that biologically ensure our own survival.

To me the blues did a heck of a job giving whatever they did to her a very strong survival mechanism. As soon as she was told they were hitching a ride she said they shouldn't be trusted and then seemed to semi-blackout. Like the consciousness knew it was in danger and would have to act to ensure it's own survival. To the entity inside her sacrificing the browns is a no brainer.
Chloe however would more than likely never be able to "pull the trigger" so to speak on killing off a ship full of any race.... Therefore her regretful response at the end that it was too late was her regret for doing something she would think is wrong.

Just My opinion... Thought?

SeaCobra
December 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
I tried inserting spoiler tags on last post, obviously didn't work. How do i edit the post?

ns2
December 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Rush helped Chloe do what she did b/c there's a time period where he's MIA
Is it possible that the Aliens used Rush to get the equations to Clhoe

Bagpuss
December 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
SeaCobra :

If you clicked to insert the spoiler tags ,they don't seem to have worked.:)

Luckily this is the Resurgence folder ,and anyone reading this thread is presumed to have already seen the ep.

If the thread was in SGU Gen Discussion or elsewhere instead ,then spoiler tags would be needed if the thread itself wasn't marked with the appropriate spoiler warnings.

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
I tried inserting spoiler tags on last post, obviously didn't work. How do i edit the post?No need for spoiler tags, this thread is at "Resurgence" episode folder. For editing, there should be a button 'Edit Post'.

Edit: Nvm. :P

Eterno
December 1st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Anyone notice how Varro, I think hat's his name, couldn't stare at the sun when they were repowering but Chloe was able to do it the entire time no problem? Wonder what else will change.

SeaCobra
December 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
SeaCobra :

If you clicked to insert the spoiler tags ,they don't seem to have worked.:)

Luckily this is the Resurgence folder ,and anyone reading this thread is presumed to have already seen the ep.

If the thread was in SGU Gen Discussion or elsewhere instead ,then spoiler tags would be needed if the thread itself wasn't marked with the appropriate spoiler warnings.

No need for spoiler tags, this thread is at "Resurgence" episode folder. For editing, there should be a button 'Edit Post'.

Edit: Nvm. :P

Thanks guys, I thought it was safe here so thanks for clarifying!

Also my posts are still being reviewed before posted, is that why i do NOT have an edit post button? I don't see it anywhere on my actual post or around the page.

Thanks again

Super Carl
December 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
I didn't catch that one. Good job. :) Oh, and I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I know tensions here have been really high for some reason. Anyway, Chloe has super strength, and super eyes. She is also able to calculate like Carter. I'm guessing she has Teal'c's risistance to disease too.

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 12:38 PM
i think the correct word is "stare". chloe didn't really seem to be, well, actively looking.

anyway, brightness hurts because it physically damages your eyes. since Chloe heals so fast, it won't be a problem for her

Super Carl
December 1st, 2010, 12:43 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Rush helped Chloe do what she did b/c there's a time period where he's MIA
Is it possible that the Aliens used Rush to get the equations to Clhoe

But wasn't that before she escaped?

kweerone
December 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Wow, I didn't catch that one at all... Disappointed in myself..

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
am i the only one thinking "Boomer + communications cable = Cylon shutdown"

seriously, she seems to dislike the Browns, and the Drones look like Blue automatons. i think she emitted an Emergency Shutdown Code.

Girlbot
December 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
am i the only one thinking "Boomer + communications cable = Cylon shutdown"

seriously, she seems to dislike the Browns, and the Drones look like Blue automatons. i think she emitted an Emergency Shutdown Code.
Well is so, she was pretty toough on the guard she took out. he was down for the count

Girlbot
December 1st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Anyone notice how Varro, I think hat's his name, couldn't stare at the sun when they were repowering but Chloe was able to do it the entire time no problem? Wonder what else will change.

Agreed. Major retinal damage there, and it seemed to heal very quickly caue she had no trouble finding her way around after that

kirmit
December 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
My money's on alerted the Blues to their location, the drones will attack the Blues ships giving destiny and the seed ship time to attack the command ship.

morbosfist
December 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'd imagine the shields can filter out enough dangerous light to stare through the window without much harm being done.

Varro also might have had the right angle to be able to see the enemy ships exploding, then turned away after that.

Bagpuss
December 1st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys, I thought it was safe here so thanks for clarifying!

Also my posts are still being reviewed before posted, is that why i do NOT have an edit post button? I don't see it anywhere on my actual post or around the page.

Thanks again
Y'welcome ! :) ( TY to Egle for being so helpful too.:))

For questions/info about being on "Probie status" take a look here : Probie Status for New Members (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?58466-Probie-Status-for-New-Members)

To introduce yourself to the regulars (and get acquainted in a far less formal way :D) here's the link to Welcome New Members (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?359-Welcome-New-Members!)

Vanek26
December 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
My money's on alerted the Blues to their location, the drones will attack the Blues ships giving destiny and the seed ship time to attack the command ship.

I think this is likely.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
I now believe Chloe used her blue alien knowledge to sent a command to the drone mother ship from the apple core room to control the drone and direct their fire toward the Ursini only. Which are the enemy of the blue aliens.

BadOnion
December 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM
She made pie. Blueberry pie.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM
I now believe Chloe used her blue alien knowledge to sent a command to the drone mother ship from the apple core room to control the drone and direct their fire toward the Ursini only. Which are the enemy of the blue aliens.
It's really too bad since it will destroy the seeder ship at the same time which was what the Destiny crew needed to get back to earth. Which would have on the other hand ended the series right in the middle of it's second season. :)

caribsci
December 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM
she hacked into the command ship and recalled all those drones.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
she hacked into the command ship and recalled all those drones.
Quite possible too.

Puddle-Jumper
December 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM

I support this idea.

Doubtful, Rush said that Destiny had become like an obsession to them, and it would seem at the moment that Destiny doesn't spend years in each galaxy, certainly not enough time for an obsession to develop.. they have been following for Destiny for much longer then 1 galaxy, given the fact that they followed Destiny into the void between galaxies would seem to suggest that they are capable of travelling between galaxies and that they do..

jelgate
December 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
I support this idea.

Doubtful, Rush said that Destiny had become like an obsession to them, and it would seem at the moment that Destiny doesn't spend years in each galaxy, certainly not enough time for an obsession to develop.. they have been following for Destiny for much longer then 1 galaxy, given the fact that they followed Destiny into the void between galaxies would seem to suggest that they are capable of travelling between galaxies and that they do..
We don't know how long Destiny had been in that galaxy. It could of been months or years or decades even. As for the void Destiny had barely left that galaxy. As it stands we just don't know how fast the Blues ships are.

Galileo_Galilee
December 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well, I think Camille mentioned they'd been on that ship for ten months now.

Commander Zelix
December 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
We don't know how long Destiny had been in that galaxy. It could of been months or years or decades even. As for the void Destiny had barely left that galaxy. As it stands we just don't know how fast the Blues ships are.
We don't even know where is the home galaxy of the blue aliens. The Destiny may as well be traveling right toward their homeworld as far as we know. The blue alien ship we saw before were simply in another galaxy than their homeworld.

Or maybe the blue aliens got many colonies across many galaxies.

Jacdru
December 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM

What she did was activate the super-duper ultra tough weapon of mass SGUness.

It will destroy all the drones and the mothership and prove that Chloe was really a good new alien-queen who knew the real enemy was the Telford alien army.

Puddle-Jumper
December 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM

The space inbetween galaxies is huge, massive. Destiny was able to cross the void in a resonable amount of time, I don't think it was ever mentioned how long exactly, but we'll say a month for arguments sake, and the void in between galaxies is usually a hell of a lot bigger then a galaxy, at least in the observable universe. The blues are able to keep up with Destiny within a galaxy, or at the very least they're not far behind.

Therefore the blues must also have the ability to cross galactic voids. And it would seem that Destiny crosses a galaxy in a relatively short period of time, no more then a year anyway. All of that is based on logical assumptions and canon from the show..

Plus theres the very important plot point of Chloe, that requires the blues to reappear at some stage, not to mention Chloe saying that they still aren't safe from the blues, and the fact that Destiny thought the blues and Chloe were enough of a threat to merit running that simulation through Young.

SciFiRick
December 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
New here, so spoiler tags to be sure!

Immediately after the episode I thought of the seeder ship collision course theory as posted above. Here is the thinking behind it.

As someone said above Chloe seems to have some understanding that the Ursini should not be trusted.
From what she has said it sounds like there is another consciousness inside her mind.
If you took the time to implant something into her that would transform her and instill some kind of consciousness into her it would make sense to give it a strong survival instinct.
For instance her blood being resistant to those creatures. In humans we have fight or flight mechanisms that biologically ensure our own survival. To me the blues did a heck of a job giving whatever they did to her a very strong survival mechanism. As soon as she was told they were hitching a ride she said they shouldn't be trusted and then seemed to semi-blackout. Like the consciousness knew it was in danger and would have to act to ensure it's own survival. To the entity inside her sacrificing the browns is a no brainer.
Chloe however would more than likely never be able to "pull the trigger" so to speak on killing off a ship full of any race.... Therefore her regretful response at the end that it was too late was her regret for doing something she would think is wrong.

Just My opinion... Thought?

I think your insights on Chloe is logical. I also think the blues assumed that Chloe would remain on their ship and did not foresee Young and Rush invading the ship and rescuing Chloe. Destiny and the crew will benefit from whatever self preservation and knowledge they gave her. It seems logical that since the SGU storyline was intended to be told over a 5 year span that the crew will not be dialing home anytime soon. Thus, the seeder ship could be used to destroy the command ship which will disable all the drones. Whatever happens, the seeder ship will be short lived. Seeing the blues again is an unknown and can go either way. This the writers have the ability to bring them back or not.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 05:20 PM
The Blues are the space police. They are everywhere. There's no certainty that the Blue's homeworld was located in the same galaxy when they intercepted Destiny. Their territory could span multiple galaxies, even though their FTL technology is not as fast, they could have outposts or stations within close range of the drones. If the Blues do own the drones then they could be very close by, drones used like mine fields to protect their area.

jelgate
December 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
The space inbetween galaxies is huge, massive. Destiny was able to cross the void in a resonable amount of time, I don't think it was ever mentioned how long exactly, but we'll say a month for arguments sake, and the void in between galaxies is usually a hell of a lot bigger then a galaxy, at least in the observable universe. The blues are able to keep up with Destiny within a galaxy, or at the very least they're not far behind.
Which totally neglects all the time Destiny stops in solar systems. I don't think its unreasonable to think that Destiny has been in the galaxy for a long time given how long they stop in solar system. Never mind the amount of times Destiny has to drift to refuel in stars.

Therefore the blues must also have the ability to cross galactic voids. And it would seem that Destiny crosses a galaxy in a relatively short period of time, no more then a year anyway. All of that is based on logical assumptions and canon from the show..

Nothing logical about since thier is no time frame of how long Destiny has been in the Blues galaxy (who knows hoe dispersed they are?) or how fast the Blues can fly.

Plus theres the very important plot point of Chloe, that requires the blues to reappear at some stage, not to mention Chloe saying that they still aren't safe from the blues, and the fact that Destiny thought the blues and Chloe were enough of a threat to merit running that simulation through Young.
The Blues probably never planned on Chloe escaping thier captivity. They did want to take over Destiny after all. Chloe said they weren't safe from the Blues back in Divided when they were in the Blues Galaxy.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM
A girl gifted with x-ray vision is anti-climatic...

LeonK
December 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
Well, since Eli already mentioned the Last Starfighter in the episode, I'm expecting Chloe to have unlocked and activated Destiny's own version of the Death Blossom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAsSyDAWR8

dgh64
December 1st, 2010, 08:19 PM
I think when she said "It's too late." what she meant was "Thanks for waking me up from my blackout, but it's too late. I already did X really bad thing that I came here to do."

As for what X is, I'm sure it has something to do with the Blues. Calling them, giving them our position, something along those lines.

dgh64
December 1st, 2010, 08:35 PM
I usually turn the brightness on my screen all the way up for SGU (helps with the ship being all dark and the people all dressed in black) and I had to look away from the screen during that scene.

She's become pretty powerful. Strong, heals fast, and super smart. Seems like the only downside is occasionally blacking out and sabotaging the ship. Oh, and her boyfriend stopped sleeping with her.

Pharaoh Atem
December 1st, 2010, 09:09 PM
funny how in light eli sat at the observation deck and had no problem :P

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM
I thought Elyse had super eyes from the start but she is gorgeous in general ;)

I did think to myself when I saw it "Wow Destiny's tinted windows are epic"

nx01a
December 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
It might be something as far fetched as calling any Blue Alien ships in that galaxy to come help, or something as simple as finding a way to bypass damaged FTL systems and get Destiny the hell outta there.

Her "It's too late." might be a reference to herself, that the transformation she's undergoing is in its final stages and 'it's too late' for her.

hart37
December 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
I am pretty sure she did was she pressed some buttons ;)

If it actually amounts to anything we won't know until the midseason break is over and maybe it is nothing more than a show device to keep us hooked. If that's the case I'd have to say it worked, well for me anyway.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
So what do you guys think that Chloe did at that console after she escaped?
She sent a subspace message asking the drone people to stand down or face the wrath of Bhlue.

Save Destiny
If so, then there will be major ramnifications later.

No they won't :P. Their technology is not advanced enough to create these. Three of their motherships couldn't do damage to Destiny; how could they make something far more powerful than their own ships and send them to kill everything?

Not necessarily. They clearly possess some form of technology that allows them to partake in interstellar travel (beit FTL, hyperspace, wormhole drive, etc). It is most likely far less advaced than Destiny's FTL drive. They probably don't possess intergalactic capability, though.

She was playing Tetris. Gotta beat that Ancient high score.
Nice.

The blue aliens were waiting in the wings for Chloe to go alien enough for them to come in. The Ursini set of an emergency beacon and some of their remnants will come. The Ursini, Destiny, and blue aliens will kill the drones, then the Ursini and Destiny will fight the blue aliens, then the Destiny will fight the Ursini.
I don't exactly understand the first part of that, and Destiny has no reason to fight the Ursini. The blue aliens do not possess the technology necessary to kill the drones.

Nah. The Ursini aren't malicious like that. The blues will destroy the drones, then attack Destiny and the seed ship. The seed ship will probably be destroyed, then more Ursini ships will show up and kill the blues.
The seed ship won't be destroyed, and no Ursini ships will show up because if they didn't come before, why would they come now?

She did what anyone would do in a situation like this....she updated her Facebook status!! LOL
LOL. Nice.

Got off a signal to the Blueberries saying "Teenage Mutant Blueberry Chloe in imminent danger! A little help please Blue dudes?"
ROFL. That would be epic.

Programed the ship to cook her burrito. She's hungry.
Either that or Pie ;)

Couple of theories
1) she activated Destiny's Deus ex Machina

2)She called the Blues to the rescue
Since they want to get on Destiny they won't destroy it
We don't know if they didn't follow us into this galaxy, we just never saw them
They could also be like humans of SG1/SGA and have populated other galaxies
it is also possible that the previous galaxy wasn't their own

3) Since she said it's too late
most likely she meant you can't stop me
or she activated some time machine/reversal/distortion field
1: no, 2: maybe, 3: what about that is different from #1?

garhkal
December 2nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
funny how in light eli sat at the observation deck and had no problem :P

there has been several instances of that, from the crew in light, to when they went around the sun in faith, to the sundiving in earth..

FallenAngelII
December 2nd, 2010, 03:38 AM
Seeing as how the destiny was designed to go through suns at regular intervals, I'd bet the shields and glass have been designed to filter out enough of the sunlight to allow one to stare out the window while the destiny is powering up.

It might not be the most pleasant of things, but it shouldn't damage one's eyes.

FallenAngelII
December 2nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
My first thought was that she probably called the Smurfs to have them show up and save them, but that'd be pretty hard to justify on the show since the Smurfs can't travel that fast. Maybe she hacked the command ship.

Spimman
December 2nd, 2010, 06:04 AM
Nice catch.

I wonder why she is all the sudden so tough, because Rush manhandled one of the aliens at less than 100% strength so they aren't that tough!

Davidtourniquet
December 2nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I don't think she's becoming one of the blue aliens. It's got something to do with when she sat in the chair, it's kind of enhanced her abilities. She hasn't sabotaged the ship whenever she has helped out.

Spimman
December 2nd, 2010, 07:34 AM
So Chloe is not only super smart, but really strong and able to fight? Rush, while on the Blue's ship and after being operated on was able to single handily take down an alert Blue. That always led me to believe they weren't all that strong, since Rush isn't even a fighter.

Just something to think on. Thoughts?

Spimman
December 2nd, 2010, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking she is something other than just a Blue too!

nx01a
December 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Or maybe she hacked the seed ship. :)

eliteaceman
December 2nd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Based on the fact that Telford is on Destiny and not on the Seed Ship, I"m gonna say its safe to say the seed ship's days are numbered.

She obviously called the furlings to the rescue, and sent some replicators over to the command ship

thenimf
December 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
I agree. I think it's actually far more likely that Destiny is doing something to Chloe...

Has it not occured to anyone to do a biopsy of her "alien" tissue? For all we know she's being turned into a Replicator for the ship to have a living avatar.

To clarify, I think maybe the ship is trying to give the crew a 'boost' by powering Chloe up with magical powers...

ipfnd
December 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
That is an awesome theory, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with it. Nicely done!!

icsteffi
December 2nd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, interesting. I never thought of the ship as doing anything to Chloe. I always assumed it was the blue guys, but that they didn't get her formula right....and that even when blacked out she knows about right and wrong. .. naive of me maybe.

morbosfist
December 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Chloe only knocked out the one guard, and he wasn't bigger than she was. She just caught him by surprise. Rush had the benefit of fighting that alien on a wet floor. It couldn't get any traction to fight itself free.

toby1kanobi
December 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
going in ancient pieces of tech they have a one use energy pulse. picture it....

a massive hum and glowstarts on the ftl engines and slowly moves down the outside hull of the ship and discharges from the prow like a massiv plasma pulse, weve seen other SG ship dp similar and its an old standpoint in sci-fi

of therer is a pulse they can make when connected to the seed ship due to the energy reserves,

think of the lex planet killer beam and your half there

tomstone
December 2nd, 2010, 11:13 AM
What if Chloe activated and reset the Destinies Time Dialation field to make everything on the ship go faster? They could actually take out all drones without taking much damage.

I say this because, Destiny got to have something like it since it travels FTL.

toby1kanobi
December 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
What if Chloe activated and reset the Destinies Time Dialation field to make everything on the ship go faster? They could actually take out all drones without taking much damage.

I say this because, Destiny got to have something like it since it travels FTL.

to ppl traveling in FTL time apperes to travel at a normal rate, its the universe outside ftl that is distorted so a dialation field is not required and may even be detrememtal to FTL

tomstone
December 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
to ppl traveling in FTL time apperes to travel at a normal rate, its the universe outside ftl that is distorted so a dialation field is not required and may even be detrememtal to FTL

Yes, but they can realtime connect to earth with the stones. Its when the ship jumps in/out of FTL and the field de/activates that the stones get disrupeted.

Pizerer
December 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
...had a Phoenix/Jean Grey thing going on?

marty2006
December 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Im not sure if im in the minority as i didnt read through every post but i think what she did was good. Remember the aliens want the ship, they wouldnt have her doing anything to jeopardize it.

ussrelativity
December 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
That brings back some childhood memories.

And I suppose that Lt. Scott would be an homage to Scott Summers.

Jaemal
December 2nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
My theory is that she has repaired the FTL-drive to get Destiny somewhere safe (where the blues will be waiting).

kirmit
December 2nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
My theory is that she has repaired the FTL-drive to get Destiny somewhere safe (where the blues will be waiting).

That would be a bit anti-climatic IMO.

ianrobbie
December 2nd, 2010, 01:51 PM

I thought that too. It's the best way to wrap up the whole story.

dgh64
December 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Then why would she say "It's too late."??? You don't save the day and then say "It's too late", you say "Wooo I did it!"

jelgate
December 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
not cool at all.

tomstone
December 2nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Then why would she say "It's too late."??? You don't save the day and then say "It's too late", you say "Wooo I did it!"

Not if you usually dont remember when you black out. Then it turns into, "Oh crap, what did I just do?"

dgh64
December 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Then you say "Oh crap, what did I just do?" or "Where am I and why are you pointing your gun at me, Scott?" But she said "It's too late." She knew she had just done something bad.

Puddle-Jumper
December 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Which totally neglects all the time Destiny stops in solar systems. I don't think its unreasonable to think that Destiny has been in the galaxy for a long time given how long they stop in solar system. Never mind the amount of times Destiny has to drift to refuel in stars.

Destiny normally doesn't drift to refuel in stars, back in season 1 it had to because it was low on power, usually it just flies in.

Okay the space in between galaxies is huge, lets say in the this case, its 10 times the size of the last galaxy destiny was in, in real life it would be much much much much bigger then that, but lets take that as a minimim. So it takes Destiny a month to travel that distance, since the size of the galaxy is one tenth of that then destiny could travel through that galaxy in one tenth of the time, but lets say Destiny stops 100 times, each time for 2 days, then thats 200 days stopped, just over half a year.. it would still have more then enough time to get through the galaxy in less then a year, but lets say it stops 200 times for 3 days each, thats less then 2 years.. if your saying that Destiny spends years and years and years travelling through galaxies it would either have to be stopping literally thousands and thousands of times per galaxy, which just isn't the case since we know the seeder ships only seed a corridor of relatively habitable worlds, a corridor thats probably going to be somewhere in the region of 99% uninhabitable worlds, because thats just how the universe is, and even if it was thousands and thousands of worlds, that requires even more gates because as we saw theres always addresses blocked out, so basically what your arguing is that the seeder ships are seeding millions of stargates in each galaxy.. which we know is wrong, or Destiny would be stopped for weeks, months or years at a time, which again we know isn't the case.... Boom, lil bit of logic for you there :)

Nothing logical about since thier is no time frame of how long Destiny has been in the Blues galaxy (who knows hoe dispersed they are?) or how fast the Blues can fly.

We don't know how long sure, but reading my above point we can assume that it was less then 5 years (5 years being the absolute most possible amount assuming destiny made 608 stops at 3 days each, which is a lot)

Okay Destiny is able to cross the distance between galaxies, the blues can match Destinys speed, or pretty darn close anyway we've seen that many times, therefore the blues can cross the distance between galaxies.. can you see where Im going with that?

The Blues probably never planned on Chloe escaping thier captivity. They did want to take over Destiny after all. Chloe said they weren't safe from the Blues back in Divided when they were in the Blues Galaxy.

I don't really see your point on this relating to the rest of the discussion?

Shai Hulud
December 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
so basically what your arguing is that the seeder ships are seeding millions of stargates in each galaxy.. which we know is wrong, or Destiny would be stopped for weeks, months or years at a time, which again we know isn't the case.... Boom, lil bit of logic for you there :)

And how many seed ships were sent out ahead of Destiny exactly? ;)

tomstone
December 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Then you say "Oh crap, what did I just do?" or "Where am I and why are you pointing your gun at me, Scott?" But she said "It's too late." She knew she had just done something bad.

You forgett that she was at the Applecore and woke up from blacking out. I think she has a pretty good idea what just happened, just not what she did.

Pizerer
December 2nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
not cool at all.

Way cool

Puddle-Jumper
December 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
And how many seed ships were sent out ahead of Destiny exactly? ;)

Serveral, not several thousand. Guys really are you entertaining that there are thousands of seed ships, seeding millions of gates per galaxy and that Destiny spends hundreds of years, maybe more per galaxy.. really..?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=311791&fullsize=1

How many hundreds of thousands of gates do you see there? I only see a few and loads of stars..

sgc
December 2nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
going in ancient pieces of tech they have a one use energy pulse. picture it....

a massive hum and glowstarts on the ftl engines and slowly moves down the outside hull of the ship and discharges from the prow like a massiv plasma pulse, weve seen other SG ship dp similar and its an old standpoint in sci-fi

of therer is a pulse they can make when connected to the seed ship due to the energy reserves,

think of the lex planet killer beam and your half there

Or, you can ram the command ship with the seed ship while it's in FTL. When you're using an FTL drive (not a hyperdrive), you are still in normal space/time. I hope they don't do that, though :S

akill10
December 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Serveral, not several thousand. Guys really are you entertaining that there are thousands of seed ships, seeding millions of gates per galaxy and that Destiny spends hundreds of years, maybe more per galaxy.. really..?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=311791&fullsize=1

How many hundreds of thousands of gates do you see there? I only see a few and loads of stars..

I actually made an account here just to reply to you :D
Why do having millions of seed ships seeding millions of galaxys have anything to do with destiny?

"Boom, lil bit of logic for you there" :D

jelgate
December 2nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Okay the space in between galaxies is huge, lets say in the this case, its 10 times the size of the last galaxy destiny was in, in real life it would be much much much much bigger then that, but lets take that as a minimim. So it takes Destiny a month to travel that distance, since the size of the galaxy is one tenth of that then destiny could travel through that galaxy in one tenth of the time, but lets say Destiny stops 100 times, each time for 2 days, then thats 200 days stopped, just over half a year.. it would still have more then enough time to get through the galaxy in less then a year, but lets say it stops 200 times for 3 days each, thats less then 2 years.. if your saying that Destiny spends years and years and years travelling through galaxies it would either have to be stopping literally thousands and thousands of times per galaxy, which just isn't the case since we know the seeder ships only seed a corridor of relatively habitable worlds, a corridor thats probably going to be somewhere in the region of 99% uninhabitable worlds, because thats just how the universe is, and even if it was thousands and thousands of worlds, that requires even more gates because as we saw theres always addresses blocked out, so basically what your arguing is that the seeder ships are seeding millions of stargates in each galaxy.. which we know is wrong, or Destiny would be stopped for weeks, months or years at a time, which again we know isn't the case.... Boom, lil bit of logic for you there :)

Not logic. Assumptions. Thier is no information on the size of the galaxy and its difference between the galaxies in distance or speed or the speed of Destiny.

We don't know how long sure, but reading my above point we can assume that it was less then 5 years (5 years being the absolute most possible amount assuming destiny made 608 stops at 3 days each, which is a lot)
I don't like to assume. Assumptions lead to false conclusions. I prefer to base decisions on the facts. Their are not enought to prove or disprove the Blues and catching up to Destiny

Okay Destiny is able to cross the distance between galaxies, the blues can match Destinys speed, or pretty darn close anyway we've seen that many times, therefore the blues can cross the distance between galaxies.. can you see where Im going with that?

No we havent't

I don't really see your point on this relating to the rest of the discussion?
Chloe being infected doesn't mean the Blue will see Destiny again. They can (due to lack of information) but it doesn't prove it

Ashman
December 3rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
Maybe Chloe activated some ZPM or the self destruct of the seed ship?

pipi
December 3rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
Whatever Chloe does, it would have to save Destiny otherwise the series would end, duh. :)

zsozso
December 3rd, 2010, 06:28 AM

Exactly what I thought too! She called the smurfs to save Destiny, not so much for the sake of the humans on it, but for the ship itself. She was "seeded" to become a surf for that very reason. The dire situation demanded immediate action -- otherwise she would have acted later when fully changed.

Puddle-Jumper
December 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Not logic. Assumptions. Thier is no information on the size of the galaxy and its difference between the galaxies in distance or speed or the speed of Destiny.

The void between galaxies is ALWAYS bigger then galaxies, thats a constant intrinsicly required by a galaxy to exist. Its just how the universe is, notice Im not assuming anything about destinys speed, but have information on how long it takes to cross some distances which we can apply to others based on information we know. Plus your not giving any information at all to the opposite you just seem to be claiming that Im wrong (based on nothing) in my very very logical assumption that Destiny crosses through a galaxy in a relatively short period of time.

I don't like to assume. Assumptions lead to false conclusions. I prefer to base decisions on the facts. Their are not enought to prove or disprove the Blues and catching up to Destiny
Okay facts

We know the blues have been following Destiny for some time and are obsessed with it.
We know that Rush was picked up on a planet behind Destiny and the same ship later caught up with Destiny in a short period of time
We know they caught up with them once again following the tracker in Rushs chest again in a short period of time
We know they were willing to follow Destiny out into the void between galaxies, i.e. they have FTLs capable of crossing that distance in a reasonable amount of time
We know they were able to use James to damage their FTL, it would seem to imply they have some knowledge of Destinys engines and FTL as a whole, they wouldn't want to risk destroying the ship.

Based on those facts what is your conclusion? the simplest answer is that the blues have engines just as fast, or maybe just slightly slower then Destinys plain and simple.

Chloe being infected doesn't mean the Blue will see Destiny again. They can (due to lack of information) but it doesn't prove it

It kinda does, we know nothing about it, and have no idea whats going on with the infection, having them return seems to be the simplest and only way to learn more about the infection or whatever it is, plus Chloe saying that they'll be back is kinda a plot point that they still aren't safe from them, like leaving the blues just like that is bad bad writing. They'll be back

and akill10, always good to bring new people to the forum :D Read the older posts and you'll see what I was getting at

zmo
December 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Maybe the Smurfs have "wormhole" drive like Atlantis, and can travel instantaneously to any point in the galaxy.
Don't think so linearly about space.

xxxevilgrinxxx
December 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Okay facts

We know the blues have been following Destiny for some time and are obsessed with it.
We know that Rush was picked up on a planet behind Destiny and the same ship later caught up with Destiny in a short period of time
We know they caught up with them once again following the tracker in Rushs chest again in a short period of time
We know they were willing to follow Destiny out into the void between galaxies, i.e. they have FTLs capable of crossing that distance in a reasonable amount of time
We know they were able to use James to damage their FTL, it would seem to imply they have some knowledge of Destinys engines and FTL as a whole, they wouldn't want to risk destroying the ship.

Based on those facts what is your conclusion? the simplest answer is that the blues have engines just as fast, or maybe just slightly slower then Destinys plain and simple.

Rush has stated that yes, the Blues have been following destiny for a while and are obsessed with it. They did catch up to Destiny again and again during the crew's stay. They were willing to follow Destiny to the edge of that galaxy. Does that mean that it's a fact that they could continue through the void? No. It just means that, on the very doorstep of the galaxy, they could peek their heads out the door. On a map, the galaxy's end may look like a clear line, but in reality, I'm thinking there's a whole lot of wiggle room and a Blues ship could be standing on the doorstep. It doesn't make them capable of intergalactic travel. About using James to damage the FTL, I'm not completely sold on that being how it happened. The crew GUESSED that's what happened. I agree that they wouldn't want to risk destroying something they wanted that badly, but if we're going to put human motives to an alien species, you may as well include the human reaction of destroying something so that no one else can have it either.

Puddle-Jumper
December 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Rush has stated that yes, the Blues have been following destiny for a while and are obsessed with it. They did catch up to Destiny again and again during the crew's stay. They were willing to follow Destiny to the edge of that galaxy. Does that mean that it's a fact that they could continue through the void? No. It just means that, on the very doorstep of the galaxy, they could peek their heads out the door. On a map, the galaxy's end may look like a clear line, but in reality, I'm thinking there's a whole lot of wiggle room and a Blues ship could be standing on the doorstep. It doesn't make them capable of intergalactic travel. About using James to damage the FTL, I'm not completely sold on that being how it happened. The crew GUESSED that's what happened. I agree that they wouldn't want to risk destroying something they wanted that badly, but if we're going to put human motives to an alien species, you may as well include the human reaction of destroying something so that no one else can have it either.

Ya thats true enough, though given the blues obsession and from what it looks like they're spending their lives following Destiny.. it would seem that following Destiny to another galaxy wouldn't be an issue

dgh64
December 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe they can follow Destiny, maybe they can't... maybe they infected Chloe because they knew Destiny was leaving their galaxy, and wanted someone "on the inside" who would order the ship to turn around and go back so they could have another chance.

sgc
December 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Maybe Chloe activated some ZPM or the self destruct of the seed ship?

The seed ships and Destiny predate that technology, and I HIGHLY doubt that the ships surrounding Destiny's mission (Destiny and the seed ships) have any sort of self destruct, due to the sensitivity and importance of the mission.

Whatever Chloe does, it would have to save Destiny otherwise the series would end, duh. :)

It doesn't have to be Chloe. Any one of them, especially if they work together, is capable of saving Destiny.

Maybe they can follow Destiny, maybe they can't... maybe they infected Chloe because they knew Destiny was leaving their galaxy, and wanted someone "on the inside" who would order the ship to turn around and go back so they could have another chance.

If they were capable of following Destiny, don't you think they would have? I really like the idea of them having her turn the ship around.

dgh64
December 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Maybe they can follow Destiny but they know they don't need to, because they know she'll turn it around for them.

sgc
December 3rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Maybe they can follow Destiny but they know they don't need to, because they know she'll turn it around for them.

Well, that is a possibility. However, Destiny will not be turning around and going back to that galaxy. It's not the point of the story. The blue threat has come and gone. They are not a threat to us now. When Bhlue doesn't turn the ship around, it'll be too late for them to follow even if they could.

tomstone
December 3rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
When they found the Shuttle from the Blues, it showed a pretty good Starmap of the Galaxy and Destiny´s Course.

Giving the continuation consistency of SGU, I am pretty sure that Scene wasn´t a mistake. Eli even followed the map.

So this is not really possible if the Blues aren´t from that Galaxy, or have Highly superior Sensor Tech than the Ancient.

Still, it is not out of the Questions if they cant fly between Galaxy´s. TPTB can write that any way they want and we have to go with it.

Chloes transformation begun after her abduction and first showed by understanding Alien writings better. Maybe they didnt expect Chloe to bust out, but they had Rush. As it seems they havent done anything quite so serious to him, but he had a lot of knowledge and they had devices to access it. So messing up Chloe wasnt that much of a deal. They tried to turn her into one of them to understand the apparent Creators of Destiny better.

sgc
December 3rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
When they found the Shuttle from the Blues, it showed a pretty good Starmap of the Galaxy and Destiny´s Course.

Giving the continuation consistency of SGU, I am pretty sure that Scene wasn´t a mistake. Eli even followed the map.

So this is not really possible if the Blues aren´t from that Galaxy, or have Highly superior Sensor Tech than the Ancient.

Still, it is not out of the Questions if they cant fly between Galaxy´s. TPTB can write that any way they want and we have to go with it.

Chloes transformation begun after her abduction and first showed by understanding Alien writings better. Maybe they didnt expect Chloe to bust out, but they had Rush. As it seems they havent done anything quite so serious to him, but he had a lot of knowledge and they had devices to access it. So messing up Chloe wasnt that much of a deal. They tried to turn her into one of them to understand the apparent Creators of Destiny better.

I like where the bottom part is going, except for the reasoning of understanding the Ancients better. They care why the Ancients made it more than who made the Destiny.

jelgate
December 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
The void between galaxies is ALWAYS bigger then galaxies, thats a constant intrinsicly required by a galaxy to exist. Its just how the universe is, notice Im not assuming anything about destinys speed, but have information on how long it takes to cross some distances which we can apply to others based on information we know. Plus your not giving any information at all to the opposite you just seem to be claiming that Im wrong (based on nothing) in my very very logical assumption that Destiny crosses through a galaxy in a relatively short period of time.

I'm giving no information because I know their is not enough to show if the Blues are capable of transversing. We don't know the size of the galaxies, the size of the void, the speed of Destiny, the speed of the Blues. Too many unknowns. It wasn't so much claiming you're wrong just their is not enough information to prove or disproved

Okay facts
True

No we don't. We do not know where their planet was relative to Destiny's position in Justice and then later when meeting Space.

No we don't. We don't know how many Blues their are and what is their terrority. Their is nothing to prove the Blues in Divided are the same ones in Space

Nope. We know the Blues were willing to chase after Destiny from that planet Eli, Chloe and Scott came from to the Destiny that was barely in the void.

All that tells us they are knowledgable with engines that travel throught which is kind of obvious since its known the Blues have space travel

That you made a lot of inferrences and assumptions. Sure they could be true but they also have a probablity of being wrong.

It kinda does, we know nothing about it, and have no idea whats going on with the infection, having them return seems to be the simplest and only way to learn more about the infection or whatever it is, plus Chloe saying that they'll be back is kinda a plot point that they still aren't safe from them, like leaving the blues just like that is bad bad writing. They'll be back
Simplest maybe but its not the only way to solve it. Chloe saying they will be back was in S1 when they were in the Blues galaxy. That isn't the case anymore. Thier is nothing in S2 in this galaxy says the Blues are threating them. I don't know how Chloe's diease will be solved but the Blues fixing it isn't the only way besides the Blues hostile nature seems makes it unlikely they would help.

tomstone
December 3rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I like where the bottom part is going, except for the reasoning of understanding the Ancients better. They care why the Ancients made it more than who made the Destiny.

As I said, the apparent Creators. They suddenly found People on the apparently unmaned ship. For normal logic, that would mean that those People are connected to the ones who built that Ship.

So messing with Chloe would be for them, to turning one of the Creators. They could not have known that we have been there by accident.

The Shrike
December 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM
So what do you guys think that Chloe did at that consul after she escaped?She activated Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

garhkal
December 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM

Yup. No say "its too late" if it is good... unless it was a warning.

I am surprised with how scott has been 'backing off' so far, he was unwilling to shoot..

She tweeted to the blues she and scott are no longer an item, she is fair game now~!

dgh64
December 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM
No we don't. We do not know where their planet was relative to Destiny's position in Justice and then later when meeting Space.

Destiny goes in the same general direction through space. In Justice they left Rush behind, and then later that planet was no longer in range of Destiny's gate. That means we moved farther away from it, and so did the ship carrying Rush.

Simplest maybe but its not the only way to solve it. Chloe saying they will be back was in S1 when they were in the Blues galaxy. That isn't the case anymore. Thier is nothing in S2 in this galaxy says the Blues are threating them. I don't know how Chloe's diease will be solved but the Blues fixing it isn't the only way besides the Blues hostile nature seems makes it unlikely they would help.

Every intro includes the words "Everyone thinks we're safe, they think they'll never find us again... we're not safe, are we?" along with a shot of a Smurf snarling at Scott. I doubt the writers would put that in if we had left them behind for good.

As I said, the apparent Creators. They suddenly found People on the apparently unmaned ship. For normal logic, that would mean that those People are connected to the ones who built that Ship.

So messing with Chloe would be for them, to turning one of the Creators. They could not have known that we have been there by accident.

They were probing Rush's mind, so yes they could know that.

jelgate
December 4th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Destiny goes in the same general direction through space. In Justice they left Rush behind, and then later that planet was no longer in range of Destiny's gate. That means we moved farther away from it, and so did the ship carrying Rush.

Every intro includes the words "Everyone thinks we're safe, they think they'll never find us again... we're not safe, are we?" along with a shot of a Smurf snarling at Scott. I doubt the writers would put that in if we had left them behind for good.

They were probing Rush's mind, so yes they could know that.

The location of Destiny tells us nothing where the wormhole went. Yes Destiny was out of range of the planet but it tells us nothing when traveling in FTL was passing the planet and then out of range or if it always flew out of range.

The intro is to show the general premise what has gone so far. The Blues were a significant part of S1 so it makes sense for them to be in the intro. You'll notice the intro mentions the Lucian Alliance coming as well. And since they already here....

dgh64
December 4th, 2010, 07:59 AM
The location of Destiny tells us nothing where the wormhole went. Yes Destiny was out of range of the planet but it tells us nothing when traveling in FTL was passing the planet and then out of range or if it always flew out of range.

I see. So you're saying the planet in Justice was ahead of Destiny, maybe right at the edge of gate range, and then we flew past it and later stopped, now with the planet behind Destiny just out of gate range. The blues, going significantly slower, left the planet shortly after Destiny jumped and we actually caught up with them. That makes sense, actually.

thekillman
December 4th, 2010, 08:13 AM
there is one big mistake here:

everyone conveniently forgets that every second we are out in normal space, anyone in FTL is quickly catching up with us. the Blues might be slower (but we don't know that since they might've planned the attack first before they left, and repaired their ships), but when we're out of FTL, well they're catching up really fast.

since it appears you go faster with longer distances in FTL, a Blue Mothership would catch up pretty fast if it stayed in constant FTL when we're out now and then.

tomstone
December 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
there is one big mistake here:

everyone conveniently forgets that every second we are out in normal space, anyone in FTL is quickly catching up with us. the Blues might be slower (but we don't know that since they might've planned the attack first before they left, and repaired their ships), but when we're out of FTL, well they're catching up really fast.

since it appears you go faster with longer distances in FTL, a Blue Mothership would catch up pretty fast if it stayed in constant FTL when we're out now and then.

Because it seems like many believe that there is no Time difference when traveling FTL.

xxxevilgrinxxx
December 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
After getting to watch Resurgence last night, I think she called for help. She may be turning into something dangerous, true enough, but does that mean she's an enemy necessarily? Something took out those Ursini ships, maybe for a reason. Wonder if she contacted whoever settled their hash for them the last time around? Wouldn't it be interesting if the Blues weren't really enemies at all? Or at least not as bad as we thought?
Mind bending time :)

Retro_Invasion
December 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
She reversed the polarity.

dgh64
December 4th, 2010, 12:46 PM
No, she called down to Scotty in the engine room and asked for more power.

"I'm givin' it all she's got, Capt... wait, you're not the captain. Who're you?"

Barroth
December 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
What if she activated the second FTL-Drive at the back of the pyramid? If they didn´t change that in making the ship

http://www.img.meteornet.net/uploads/w098gt/DestFinal-1.jpg

dgh64
December 4th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty sure they changed that. All the shots of the ship we've seen have only had the big, horizontal drive.

smart
December 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I think she managed, to somewhow steer the ship towards the command ship of the drones or atleast, to another drone from which the crew would be unable to escape. I believe, however she did this, with the knowledge that these drones would soon be encountered by he Blueberry Aliens [ i.e from her advanced senses] and that The BlueBerry aliens, would use their advanced power to defeat this race and take Chloe back.

thenimf
December 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM
She inputted the numbers too late and now the Hatch is gonna IMPLODE!!!

Puddle-Jumper
December 6th, 2010, 11:36 AM

Yes we do, Destiny is travelling through a corridor of gates, basically destiny is going in a straight line, the Justice planet was behind them, this was verified again in Lost

No we don't. We don't know how many Blues their are and what is their terrority. Their is nothing to prove the Blues in Divided are the same ones in Space

True, but they were following the transmitter planted in Rushes chest, which would imply it was the same ones or at the very least a group of them have banded together to follow Destiny, and if that was the case then the only reason why the aliens would be ahead of Destiny would be because they knew approx. its course, and since we know the blues have been following Destiny for a very long time, that would seem to imply that their FTLs are infact faster then Destinys (i.e. the blues ship was able to pass out Destiny at some point over the years), it wouldn't make any sense that the blues which are ahead of Destiny would be obsessed with it if they've never had any contact with the ship, unless all the blues everywhere are obsessed with it regardless of if they've come into contact with Destiny or not, in which that could be a problem for Young and co when the blues come back because if their entire species is obsessed with it something tells me they'll chance following it to another galaxy. Also if the blues territory was so large that it took Destiny years and years to cross it wouldn't that intrinsicly imply that the blues also have very fast FTL, otherwise maintaining borders and keeping a claim on the territory would be virtually impossible?

Nope. We know the Blues were willing to chase after Destiny from that planet Eli, Chloe and Scott came from to the Destiny that was barely in the void.

They were still willing to leave their own galaxy, even if it just outside I very much doubt they'd say well we know where Destiny is going, but lets leave it this time fellas will we.. No they are obsessed, they're still following, its just become considerable harder for them since they don't have any trackers on board anymore.

All that tells us they are knowledgable with engines that travel throught which is kind of obvious since its known the Blues have space travel
Your missing the point, they wouldn't risk blowing Destiny up, they wouldn't just go around pressing buttons and messing with things on an engine they know nothing about it, they must at the very least understand the concepts which allow Destinys FTL to function, and judging by the craft that detached from Destiny in the end of Air and based on the effects around blue ships, they also use the same FTL to Destiny.

That you made a lot of inferrences and assumptions. Sure they could be true but they also have a probablity of being wrong.
Everything has a probability of being wrong, but like people say a problem is only a problem if theres a solution, an answer can only be wrong if theres proof that its wrong and right now sure Im making assumptions, informed assumptions based on what we've seen in the show and from the perspective of someone watching the show. Yes I could be wrong, but based on the facts we've seen its very likely that the Blues are capable of matching Destinys FTL, we know they're completely obsessed with the ship, it just wouldn't make any sense for them not to follow Destiny

My memory is what it used to be now that Im at the ripe old age of 21, but I don't recall Chloe ever stating that it was their galaxy or their territory? though I could be mistaken

And Im not saying the blues will fix her disease, but perhaps capturing a blue and using the neural interface to interrogate it to find out what they did the Chloe would seem to be pretty much the only way we have of finding out what it was, unless Chloe herself figures it out.. she has been accepting it more lately.

TheRandomOne
December 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
The Destiny will become Mega Maid & Mega Maid's Vacuum Cleaner will suck up those drones

beafly
December 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
My guess...

The drone army the browns have been battling belong to the blues. The blue alien inside Chloe saw an opportunity to destroy some of them and re-targeted all of the drones on the seed ship.

Thus saving herself and the Destiny (the two things the blues care about) and killing some enemy combatants all in one fell swoop. She inadvertently saves the crew of the Destiny in the process.

The human inside Chloe says "It's to late" to Scott because she knows that by destroying the seed ship, they have eliminated their best known hope at returning home.

Puddle-Jumper
December 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
My guess...

The drone army the browns have been battling belong to the blues. The blue alien inside Chloe saw an opportunity to destroy some of them and re-targeted all of the drones on the seed ship.

Thus saving herself and the Destiny (the two things the blues care about) and killing some enemy combatants all in one fell swoop. She inadvertently saves the crew of the Destiny in the process.

The human inside Chloe says "It's to late" to Scott because she knows that by destroying the seed ship, they have eliminated their best known hope at returning home.

Boom, I think thats how it might go...

garhkal
December 7th, 2010, 04:02 AM
i can't see the blues owning the drones.. otherwise their firepower we saw in the 2 times they struk at us would have been much more powerful.

Puddle-Jumper
December 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
i can't see the blues owning the drones.. otherwise their firepower we saw in the 2 times they struk at us would have been much more powerful.

Well the blues don't want to destroy Destiny, merely drain its shields and get aboard, its also possible that the ships which attacked Destiny were science ships since they were doing all that weird stuff to Chloe and Rush, though I would probably agree with you that the drones aren't owned by the blues and they belong to another race also looking to solve the mysteries of the universe.. it would be awesome if there were a whole bunch of different races at war to solve the background radiation majigger and now Destiny if caught in the middle of it..

garhkal
December 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Though i doubt anyone else even knows of this "signal" it would be funny to be proven wrng that others DO know about it..

Grufty
December 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
I believe like someone else said; when Chloe said “It’s too late”, she meant it’s too late to stop me. As what has happened several times when she blacked out; she didn’t know what she had done; like when she 1st plotted a new FTL course, people thought she had done something bad but had actually done something good.

Whatever she has done; I think it will be in the best interest of Destiny and it will help the situation.

I don’t believe she is a spy for the blues as has been said before; the blues didn’t intend for her to return to Destiny, she only did because Rush escaped and rescued her.

I think she either somehow contacted the mothership or has done something to Destiny’s systems which will help. Either temporally fixed the FTL engines to jump away or brought online some sort of weapon.

She may have somehow directed the seeder ship to fly into the mothership as has been mentioned as I do think the seeder ship will not last past the next episode. With the seeder ship in tact; they have a way home so it needs to be destroyed as otherwise that’s the end of the show.

I think that when Chloe has fully transformed; she will become the crews alien sidekick like both other shows had, I don’t think she will be killed off or easily returned back to normal.

jelgate
December 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Yes we do, Destiny is travelling through a corridor of gates, basically destiny is going in a straight line, the Justice planet was behind them, this was verified again in Lost

Yes we know that Destiny has a flight set up by the Seed ships but we have no idea where those planets are in relation to the path except they are in range in Destiny. The orientation is unknown. Lost was several jumps so I don't see the merit.

True, but they were following the transmitter planted in Rushes chest, which would imply it was the same ones or at the very least a group of them have banded together to follow Destiny, and if that was the case then the only reason why the aliens would be ahead of Destiny would be because they knew approx. its course, and since we know the blues have been following Destiny for a very long time, that would seem to imply that their FTLs are infact faster then Destinys (i.e. the blues ship was able to pass out Destiny at some point over the years), it wouldn't make any sense that the blues which are ahead of Destiny would be obsessed with it if they've never had any contact with the ship, unless all the blues everywhere are obsessed with it regardless of if they've come into contact with Destiny or not, in which that could be a problem for Young and co when the blues come back because if their entire species is obsessed with it something tells me they'll chance following it to another galaxy. Also if the blues territory was so large that it took Destiny years and years to cross it wouldn't that intrinsicly imply that the blues also have very fast FTL, otherwise maintaining borders and keeping a claim on the territory would be virtually impossible?

The key word is imply;) Thier are many scenarios. All it would take is one Blue ship to communicate to another. Where does it say that the ship that inplanted Rush with the transmitter is the only one who can follow it?

They were still willing to leave their own galaxy, even if it just outside I very much doubt they'd say well we know where Destiny is going, but lets leave it this time fellas will we.. No they are obsessed, they're still following, its just become considerable harder for them since they don't have any trackers on board anymore.

They had disabled Destiny suspecting it was crippled in a fixed location. That is all we know they were commited to.

Your missing the point, they wouldn't risk blowing Destiny up, they wouldn't just go around pressing buttons and messing with things on an engine they know nothing about it, they must at the very least understand the concepts which allow Destinys FTL to function, and judging by the craft that detached from Destiny in the end of Air and based on the effects around blue ships, they also use the same FTL to Destiny.

Even we have a rudmentary understanding of how to use the FTL even though they are new to us.

Everything has a probability of being wrong, but like people say a problem is only a problem if theres a solution, an answer can only be wrong if theres proof that its wrong and right now sure Im making assumptions, informed assumptions based on what we've seen in the show and from the perspective of someone watching the show. Yes I could be wrong, but based on the facts we've seen its very likely that the Blues are capable of matching Destinys FTL, we know they're completely obsessed with the ship, it just wouldn't make any sense for them not to follow Destiny

No we haven't. You're stretching the facts a lot. Thier is still nothing to suggest Blues FTL is as fast as us.

And Im not saying the blues will fix her disease, but perhaps capturing a blue and using the neural interface to interrogate it to find out what they did the Chloe would seem to be pretty much the only way we have of finding out what it was, unless Chloe herself figures it out.. she has been accepting it more lately.

Who knows what will happen? The possibilites are endless with various aliens and life out there.

droid327
December 9th, 2010, 05:14 PM
She let the Deus out of the Machina with her crazy undefined smurf powers

Puddle-Jumper
December 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes we know that Destiny has a flight set up by the Seed ships but we have no idea where those planets are in relation to the path except they are in range in Destiny. The orientation is unknown. Lost was several jumps so I don't see the merit.

We know the gates are a corridor through a galaxy, so sure when Destiny first was in range of the justice planet it may not have been behind it, it may have been slightly in front of it, or perhaps to the sides of the corridor, but then destiny went into FTl travelling further through the corridor so that the justice planet was now out of range, it was behind them... i.e. out of range and not in front of them... are you really arguing that?.. its kinda a premise of the show

The key word is imply;) Thier are many scenarios. All it would take is one Blue ship to communicate to another. Where does it say that the ship that inplanted Rush with the transmitter is the only one who can follow it?

Your simply arguing that the because its never been stated that the blues can match our speed that we don't know, but as I said in my last post theres lots of evidence pointing to them being able to match its speed, one way or another you can't argue that the justice planet was behind Destiny and that the blues went to the planet and caught up with Destiny very quickly. My last post has proved its extremely likely that the blues can match Destinys speed, really after all if they couldn't how the blues possible follow Destiny for years, how can you explain the blues obsession if one group saw the ship then they never again did? They would need prolonged exposure.

JoseP927
December 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
We know the gates are a corridor through a galaxy, so sure when Destiny first was in range of the justice planet it may not have been behind it, it may have been slightly in front of it, or perhaps to the sides of the corridor, but then destiny went into FTl travelling further through the corridor so that the justice planet was now out of range, it was behind them... i.e. out of range and not in front of them... are you really arguing that?.. its kinda a premise of the show

If you assume that Destiny drops out of FTL once it becomes in-range of a planet (i.e. the crashed alien ship planet), logically that means Destiny is approaching the planet. Think of scanning for radio stations when you are driving on a highway, then all of a sudden, it stops on a station; that usually means you are driving toward that station.
It's also possible (and probably more probable) that the Justice planet is so far out of the way, that Destiny would not pick it up until it passes tangentially to the range of the planet (i.e. it is only within gate range as Destiny passes its closest point to it).

Nth Chevron
December 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
The Blues may have collapsed the shields once before, remember the alien pod attached to Destiny at the end of 'Air pt3' this shows they have a vested long term interest in Destiny.

I think the Blue's are following the "signal" in the CMB aswell and are trying to prevent Destiny from reaching it before them, i think the Blues will return in 'Blockade' and 'Gauntlet,' they try and bar Destiny's path but we break through.

N.C

sgc
December 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
The Blues may have collapsed the shields once before, remember the alien pod attached to Destiny at the end of 'Air pt3' this shows they have a vested long term interest in Destiny.

I think the Blue's are following the "signal" in the CMB aswell and are trying to prevent Destiny from reaching it before them, i think the Blues will return in 'Blockade' and 'Gauntlet,' they try and bar Destiny's path but we break through.

N.C

For some reason, I really doubt that they are following the signal.

Please use spoiler tags!!!

greenguywithlasereye
December 15th, 2010, 04:58 PM
know what I found interesting just now actually, although it could just be inserted by writers as a dialogue - parallel, is the "what did you do" thing:

in trial and error, in the 3rd blue v destiny young simulation, scott confronts young and goes "What did you do!!!" and at the end of resurgence, chloe is tweaking the console and he goes "what did you do!"

yep, im that bored right now ; p

as a related aside, is it the possible, that in destiny's psych simulations, its going over probable futures that concern crewmembers the most - and interfacing it back to the crewmember being connected to - as an early warning strategy system, rather than 'testing' crewmembers for effectiveness?

sgc
December 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
know what I found interesting just now actually, although it could just be inserted by writers as a dialogue - parallel, is the "what did you do" thing:

in trial and error, in the 3rd blue v destiny young simulation, scott confronts young and goes "What did you do!!!" and at the end of resurgence, chloe is tweaking the console and he goes "what did you do!"

yep, im that bored right now ; p

as a related aside, is it the possible, that in destiny's psych simulations, its going over probable futures that concern crewmembers the most - and interfacing it back to the crewmember being connected to - as an early warning strategy system, rather than 'testing' crewmembers for effectiveness?

It's entirely possible - it seems unlikely that the Ancients would make the ship do that just as a simulation or psych evaluation. It is far more likely that it has a more useful function such as an early warning system.

Everything on the Destiny has the direct function of fulfilling the mission, and therefore the neural link with Destiny has a direct purpose in that mission, be it a warning system, communications, guidance system, etc.

droid327
December 20th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I dont know...given Destiny's eventual mission of super-deep-space manned exploration, so isolated from the rest of Ancient society - possibly even out of the range of 9-chevron stargate dialing, eventually - I can see where psychological evaluation and upkeep would be a necessary feature to include in Destiny's "crew upkeep" portfolio.

Girlbot
December 20th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I don't care about her abilities, I just want to see her turn blue before they end this series:P

tomstone
December 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
I don't care about her abilities, I just want to see her turn blue before they end this series:P

I set my hopes a little higher, she should turn blue in just 2 Episodes and gets killed at the end of the Episode. I dont care enough anymore to hope her well.

morbosfist
December 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Unless that skin changes somehow by the time it finishes spreading, gray is what we have to look forward to. There should be at least one episode with evil mastermind Chloe. This kind of progression just begs for such a scenario.

hart37
December 24th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Chloe will turn blue and then everything will turn into a room with black walls lined with yellow squares and a human and blue alien standing in the middle of the room.

At which point the alien turns to the human and says:
"Remarkable doctor, you have just found a way to clone an andorian by making them human first. EMH off."

He then leaves the room and creates a clone army which turn on him from following order 66 given to them by a rogue goa'uld that escaped execution. The Goa'uld then steals a bunch of stargates and creates his own empire with humans he steals from other planets.

THE END.

stargatetravler
January 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Perhaps she fixed the FTL drive? Something with weapons and shields maybe...

jayzee786
January 3rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Shame there ain't gonna be a third season. It would've been interesting to see the storyline develop. I wonder if their gonna kill Chloe off before or during the Season 2 finale. I'm actually starting to like her seeing as she's more involved with the storyline.

stargatetravler
January 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'd hate it if they killed Chloe. I favor the friendship between her and Eli. My best friend Gene and I are close like that, except I was the one who use to have a crush on HIM...lol I would cry if Chloe died. About lost it when Daniel ascended near the end of Season 5 of SG-1!!!>__<

lt1superman
January 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
where did you see two drives on the destiny?
I vaguely remember it but now I can't find it anywhere!

sgc
January 10th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I'd hate it if they killed Chloe. I favor the friendship between her and Eli. My best friend Gene and I are close like that, except I was the one who use to have a crush on HIM...lol I would cry if Chloe died. About lost it when Daniel ascended near the end of Season 5 of SG-1!!!>__<

Whoa! Spoilers! Please use spoiler tags!

I would be upset if Chloe died too.

Sarikali
January 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Rush is abscent when Chloé goes into an odd trans. Chloé snaps out of it, then Rush appears! Wierd if you ask me.

I think somehow, there's something that's linking them together, but there's also an additive to Chloé making her think or calculate faster or in a different way that Rush can't. Probably a mutation that the Blue-Aliens installed in her.

I think there might be a connection with the chair that Rush used on her a little while back.

I do agree with Sami. He/She whatever probably got the Seed ship to ram into the Command-Drone ship.