This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe - Her condition/situation/status

So I am reading through all the threads about Chloe, and why are people so stuck on it being the blues changed her. We are all forgetting that she was alone in that hall for a good amount of time while Eli was trying to get Scott and Greer back in the ship. I still think that its something on Destiny that is changing her. Think about all she knows about the ship like how to alter its course, how would the blues know how to do that they have never been inside it. The Blues may be a smart race but it would still take time to figure out systems. I just think we are jumping the gun on assuming that its the Blues that have changed her.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Well for one the language she was writing in is not Ancient of any kind. She was already changing before Inquisition like reading the Blues language in Lost. They're others but those are on the type of my head
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I haven't shrugged off this idea either. One reason being the Blue's scenario is the most mainstream and easiest to connect. So naturally I might look in another direction.

Ive even gone as far as to think destiny somehow recycled TJ's loss into Chloe.
      But with this last episode...

Spoiler:
      We most likely will find Chloe hacks the drones and disables them based on the scene where a drone is brought into a shuttle. She had to know how to do that from somewhere, She had knowledge of the browns not being trusted. Then her skin changing.. I guess we shall see.

Comment

Also, the show keeps referencing the Blue's in the previously on SGU intro.

She may end up maintaining control and changing for the better! My hope!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

She may end up maintaining control and changing for the better! My hope!
          Thats just to show where we are so far.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

She's turning blue.

Comment

I have too wondered how she knows how to operate destiny's system so well even if she is turning into a Blue.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's something other than the blues.

Reminds me of this song:

She's got the rythym
                And I've got the blues
                And she's showing me how much I had to lose
                With her every little move
                She's telling me I'm over you
                She's got the rythym
                And I've got the blues

Comment

first the "blues" got her, gave her ability to heal herself [for some reason] and can do their writing/math, then shes on a planet w/crazy plant creatures....then she sat in the chair...

Assuming Blues still have a stone [?], theyre probably totally spying on destiny by now in their own 'special' way. They have to be...

Chloe is sort of like Wikus Van Der Merwe in District 9 [w/o eating that alien motor oil], and Harper in Andromeda - sitting in the chair [Rush had to know] gave her some understanding of destiny's systems.
                  Last edited by greenguywithlasereye; 03 December 2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I like this theory, or at least totally agree with the idea that we're jumping the gun on saying the Smurfs are the ones who changed her. Rush said that they are "obsessed" with Destiny and unlocking its secrets. Why would they even care about Chloe? Isn't their preoccupation Destiny? Also, it's not apparent that they intended to send Chloe back to Destiny. That was apparently an accident.

Maybe it is some combination of Destiny's influence alongside the Smurfs. Destiny, realizing that Chloe's been messed with, might be enacting some countermeasures. Her math skills may not be the result of being Smurfette, but Destiny imparting some knowledge and access to her via the neural interface. Remember, Destiny had direct access to her through the chair. Every time she blacks out, it could be evidence of the battle inside her between Destiny and the blue stuff.

Rush posited that the blue stuff is studying Destiny, but that was back when he was trying to deflect attention away from him and his control over the ship from the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Python View Post
                      I like this theory, or at least totally agree with the idea that we're jumping the gun on saying the Smurfs are the ones who changed her. Rush said that they are "obsessed" with Destiny and unlocking its secrets. Why would they even care about Chloe? Isn't their preoccupation Destiny? Also, it's not apparent that they intended to send Chloe back to Destiny. That was apparently an accident.

Maybe it is some combination of Destiny's influence alongside the Smurfs. Destiny, realizing that Chloe's been messed with, might be enacting some countermeasures. Her math skills may not be the result of being Smurfette, but Destiny imparting some knowledge and access to her via the neural interface. Remember, Destiny had direct access to her through the chair.

Actually the chair reject human with alien DNA, They use the chair on Chole as an ateemp to burn her alien side off of her system , it fail.

But i agree it is
                      combination of Destiny's influence alongside the Smurfs
                      The Blue Alien make Chole a bit smarter, and a bit easier to control.
                      We saw Destiny can get inside people's mind.It got inside Rush , and Young's mind.

And i think Chole has a bit of Dr Rush in her.
                      Think about it , Rush was the first of human species the Blue Alien physically encounter. Then they captured Chole.
                      The Blue Alien only held Chole captive for few hour ,but they had sucessfully infected her with their pathogen.
                      It took human year a to create another version of HIV for other Ape species.

The Blue Alien must somehow use DR Rush as a human template for creating human version of the pathogen .
                      Some DNA sequence of the pathogen was probaby from DR Rush.
                      Remmber Dr Rush is also obsesses with Destiny as well.

Comment

She's turning blue.
                        No. She's turning grey. The Blues are not grey. Obviously. I think it's the planet-builders. So far she hasn't done anything to sabotage the ship in her blackouts. If it were the Blues, it would have been the first thing she would have done.

I'm calling that an ingenious way of misleading the viewers.

Comment

well chloe did bathe in the lake while on the faith planet. I guess its possible...

Comment

She does appear to be turning silver, not blue. BUT... She's been different since her encounter with the blues. Able to read (subconciously) the blues interface. It's only been accelerated since the bullet wound in Incursion. And perhaps altered course with the chair, but so far it appears to be the blues by all accounts. The faith planet could have also altered her transformation, but not likely IMO. Or maybe she's just empathic and the ship is screwing with her head. The tick from pain seemed to LIKE her, versus everyone elses adverse reactions. So symptoms from before faith and all the other encounters kind of rules out it NOT being the blues. Unless drinking the water with the sand fleas caused it. Otherwise why just her? We assume that Rush was not altered or cured by it because of the operation and alien venom, but it could just be a slower process when you're older. And/or the chair has some influence on it's severity / destiny.

Comment

first off just let me say that I get that a lot of the worry comes from the fact that she's blacked out a few times and done crazy alien stuff she doesn't remember but why is there not a single character putting forward the idea that just because she turns into an alien doesn't mean she'll be automatically hostile or loyal to the aliens.

In any more realistically written series, which SGU usually tends to be, there's no reason to think that simple genetic changes are going to somehow imbue her with a to the death loyalty to some evil power residing in the blackness between stars.

While it's fairly clear that she won't simply be herself in a different body, it's hardly a for sure thing that whatever she changes into will automatically want to suck out their blood and present their polished skulls to the supposed alien masters it's never met and has no loyalty to.

I'd personally say it's far more likely that she turns into something that still retains some facets of her former personality, and thus familiarity and some degree of loyalty to the current crew than to automatically become hostile.

Yet they're all talking about dumping her off to die somewhere or shooting her before even waiting to see how it actually pans out, as if that's the only option.

What if in her new form she can solve all their major problems. It's already pretty clear that the alien version emerging understands the ship way better than any of them do.

Comment

Working...
                              X