PDA

View Full Version : CliffHanger????

RepliHawk
December 1st, 2010, 08:49 AM
This is a question to the people that have all ready watch Apotheosis, Does the last episode end on a cliffhanger or is it an episode that wont really give the fans of Caprica some closure to the show? I'm just wondering if the last episode is really good and worth buying the dvd when it come out? thank you

SGFerrit
December 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
I'd say it gave great closure to the season 1 storylines. The ending was outstanding IMO, made me very sad the show was over (whereas I wasn't that bothered when the news broke), and at the same time made me appreciate everything that came before it. It's definitely worth a watch. It works very well as both a season and series finale.

J-Whitt Remastered
December 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM
Good. I'm glad to hear that. I was worried it'd be a bad way to end it.

flobo
December 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM
The tamara storyline end in cliffhanger, she do not appear in the finale nor is spoken of.

RepliHawk
December 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM
Do they show how the cylons start their uprising and how they manage to get ships to start the war?

flobo
December 1st, 2010, 01:10 PM
The way they did it is implied, but not directly shown.

daniel9
December 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM
some parts of that ending seemed like a preview to the 2nd season while other parts were an end to the ep. when they talked of budget constraints near the end of the season you can see that taking part in this ep as well

Dark lord me
December 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
Summary of the finale Starts with the clean up of the dead body at the Graystone house, they don't want to get GDD involved because they were compromised (by the main guy whose name i forget) As Amanda is in V world with Zoe GDD attacks with warrants out on them for terrorism. Cyrus points a gun at the GDD officers and tells the graystones to leave. They decide they need to figure out the plan so they go to where agent durham was shot and retrieve the holoband and view the destruction of atlas arena. They call in an anonymous tip but it doesn't work.

Clarice is having her people carry out the attack without her and that upsets them but she says she will be awaiting them.

Zoe trying to figure out whats going on is listening to the news reports about her parents being terrorists and is like "Clarice..."

The adamas are out for revenge for Williams death so they trick the guatral into a holoband meeting while they kill him with him in itslowly and his daughter becomes leader

At the atlas arena game the graystones enter and go to a camera booth with a laptop for controlling cylons. At the singing of the National anthem three copters come in to the stadium and start unloading centurions on the playing field. They form a circle around the pitch and search out their targets. Once they acquire them they start unloading their rounds killing most of them

Olaf is injured but manages to blow himself up, not destroying the stadium.

In V world as their avatars awaken Zoe is there and Clarice says she is doing gods will zoe responds with "I AM GOD" and starts destroying heaven. The martyrs die again and Clarice de-reses.

the shape of things to come

It shows lacy as the new mother. Clarice preaching humanities downfall to the centurions with zoe in attendance. The grastones build a resurrection tank and resurrect Zoe and the adamas are shown explaining what happened to william and his death to their new son, who is also named william

Osiris
December 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

The last minutes are a preview of things to come and it's full of OMFG moments (HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD):

- Joseph & Evelyn getting married and having a son, William, named after his late half-brother.
- Daniel & Amanda creating the first skinjob: a body for Zoe's avatar. You see her emerge from the prototype of the resurrection tub.
- Lacy as the new Mother at the head of the Soldiers of The One church, telling Clarice to kneel before her.
- Clarice in a real (or virtual?) church with Cylons converted to the one true god faith. She's pushing them to rebel against humanity, while Zoe watches, smiling.
- Cylons being used in everyday's life: watch dog, building workers etc.

Dark lord me
December 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Summary of the finale Starts with the clean up of the dead body at the Graystone house, they don't want to get GDD involved because they were compromised (by the main guy whose name i forget) As Amanda is in V world with Zoe GDD attacks with warrants out on them for terrorism. Cyrus points a gun at the GDD officers and tells the graystones to leave. They decide they need to figure out the plan so they go to where agent durham was shot and retrieve the holoband and view the destruction of atlas arena. They call in an anonymous tip but it doesn't work.

Clarice is having her people carry out the attack without her and that upsets them but she says she will be awaiting them.

Zoe trying to figure out whats going on is listening to the news reports about her parents being terrorists and is like "Clarice..."

The adamas are out for revenge for Williams death so they trick the guatral into a holoband meeting while they kill him with him in itslowly and his daughter becomes leader

At the atlas arena game the graystones enter and go to a camera booth with a laptop for controlling cylons. At the singing of the National anthem three copters come in to the stadium and start unloading centurions on the playing field. They form a circle around the pitch and search out their targets. Once they acquire them they start unloading their rounds killing most of them

Olaf is injured but manages to blow himself up, not destroying the stadium.

In V world as their avatars awaken Zoe is there and Clarice says she is doing gods will zoe responds with "I AM GOD" and starts destroying heaven. The martyrs die again and Clarice de-reses.

the shape of things to come

It shows lacy as the new mother. Clarice preaching humanities downfall to the centurions with zoe in attendance. The grastones build a resurrection tank and resurrect Zoe and the adamas are shown explaining what happened to william and his death to their new son, who is also named william

RepliHawk
December 1st, 2010, 05:24 PM
It is so hard for me not to spoil myself with what happens at the end but I'll wait till the DVD comes out but everyone says the ending is good, at least I'm happy that I won't be disapointed with the finale.

Ian-S
December 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM
It wraps the Caprica story up quiet nicely, without contradicting what we already know from BSG, so don't spoil yourself, get the DVD or as the show is cancelled, download the episodes, they're worth watching rather than reading spoilers about.

And no, it's not a cliffhanger, to me it seems they shoehorned in some re-edits to close the story after it was cancelled, rather than leaving it on any potential cliffhanger, it's a far better ending than I expected.

DigiFluid
December 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
without contradicting what we already know from BSG
Actually I thought

spoiler for late in the finale
the 'birth' of skinjob-Zoe was a huge slap in the face to continuity

flobo
December 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
Actually I thought

Not, really, it's shown it's not a human body but a human looking body (for 2 seconds, it's in his real robot form before taking Zoe's face (maybe holographic face, or something).

And it's nowhere near galactica resurection either, it's simply a transfer of an existing mind into the body. If Zoe dies, i guess she dies for the time being.

Also, it ties in a lot with what Ellen said, she liked Daniel Cylon #7 the most because it reminded her of herself. And she and Daniel both worked on the same sort of problems.

Ed
December 2nd, 2010, 03:06 AM
yeah skinjob zoe isn't a proper skinjob she is a machine with skin more like a terminator I guess. It ties into the idea of centurians wanting real bodies perhaps zoe revolts with them and they go from there. Hell it basicly culminates in the events of the razor flashbacks and backs the theory that the first hybrid is daniel.

Lacy as the mother with odin as STO comander (judging by his clothing its what dimetre wore) is interesting. I want to know what happens to the monotheists that are left clarice and the remaining STO when the revolt happens surely they would take clarice with them.

It really works for me could be continued in blood and chrome

hart37
December 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM
I've only seen up to 13 when Sy-fy cancelled it. Why of why did ratings suck so bad for it is beyond me.

Ian-S
December 2nd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Actually I thought

Only if you see it that way, they never actually said they didn't exist in BSG, only that (spoilered to avoid spoiling Caprica)

Ellen and Co gave the Cylons the resurrection technology, and created their skinjobs, there was never any mention that one skinjob existed on Caprica previous to this, and tbh it's probably not something the Greystone's would broadcast given Zoe's objection to vHeaven and their general public image after all this, they'd probably want to just lay low with the original skinjob and live out their lives - I do agree using the description skinjob and resurrection hub was a bit foolish, especially considering the lengths they went to, to correct the William Adama continuity errors.

Blood and Chrome is set quiet a few years after this isn't it? so I doubt there's any way for them to continue this story into that.

SGFerrit
December 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
I don't think the...

Resurrection thing was a cop-out at all. All it shows is that the original creator of the (Caprican) Cylons also created a prototype form of the technology. It doesn't mean the Cylons had it themselves, and if anything, given the way events played out with Zoe at the end, it gives them a reason to want it in the first place. They were already working on the technology when the final 5 showed up, now we know where they originally got the idea from.

And I've only just now gotten the Daniel/#7 connection. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that flobo! :D

Flibby
December 2nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think the Zoe watching Clarice preach was the "angel" Zoe.

flobo
December 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
I didn't even think about that, you must be right, she must be the angel Zoe, it makes much more sense now.

Thinking about the whole God's plan thing, i think God pushed each new version of humankind to create Cylons (like Angel Zoe did in Caprica).
It's the "test" of the human race. If they fail, the angels help save a few to start anew on a new world. (Angel Six saving the final 5/ All the angels in BSG)

Also, in the end, since it's been revealed that God's angel are the Lord of Kobols, it makes the whole monotheist/polytheist conflict completely pointless, with both sides being right and wrong at the same time. God doesnt seem to care about that, since he doesn't even care for the name God

Back to caprica, what about Cyrus ?

He said "I saw how it ended". Another divine intervention ?

I have to admit, Caprica rehabilited BSG's ending for me. I hated the whole "God's Plan" part, but now, in the bigger picture, it fits quite well.
Of course, i still find the cultural suicide of the colonials to be stupid, so i'll just pretend they realized it wouldnt work, got back together, became atlantis and got destroyed centuries later^^

Dromag67
December 3rd, 2010, 01:37 AM
I'd love to see some tidbits of Caprica in Blood And Chrome, (as in how we got from point A to point B to point C)

Don't throw Caprica out just because it was unpopular in the ratings.

DigiFluid
December 3rd, 2010, 02:22 AM
Only if you see it that way, they never actually said they didn't exist in BSG, only that (spoilered to avoid spoiling Caprica)

Ellen and Co gave the Cylons the resurrection technology, and created their skinjobs, there was never any mention that one skinjob existed on Caprica previous to this, and tbh it's probably not something the Greystone's would broadcast given Zoe's objection to vHeaven and their general public image after all this, they'd probably want to just lay low with the original skinjob and live out their lives - I do agree using the description skinjob and resurrection hub was a bit foolish, especially considering the lengths they went to, to correct the William Adama continuity errors.
Blood and Chrome is set quiet a few years after this isn't it? so I doubt there's any way for them to continue this story into that.

I don't think the...

Resurrection thing was a cop-out at all. All it shows is that the original creator of the (Caprican) Cylons also created a prototype form of the technology. It doesn't mean the Cylons had it themselves, and if anything, given the way events played out with Zoe at the end, it gives them a reason to want it in the first place. They were already working on the technology when the final 5 showed up, now we know where they originally got the idea from.

And I've only just now gotten the Daniel/#7 connection. Makes a lot of sense, thanks for that flobo! :D
It bugs me because it was such a big deal in BSG that "the Cylons look like us now". That's not really a big deal anymore if it's already happened, is it? And the resurrected suicide bomber daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the Colonies is hardly going to go unnoticed....

TBA
December 3rd, 2010, 02:33 AM
Also, in the end, since it's been revealed that God's angel are the Lord of Kobols

It is?

flobo
December 3rd, 2010, 03:31 AM
There was an interview a while ago, in which i think they said they had an explanation for the angels, but didn't use it in the show since they felt it was better to leave it a mystery, but would be used in the "final five" comic.
That's where it comes from.

There are other interesting things, like starbuck is a "reincarnation" of Pythia and both were vessels for Lord of Kobol Aurora, who "took them over" after their death/resurection in order to guide the fleet to the new home (earth 1 for Aurora in Pythia, new Earth for Aurora in Kara).

DigiFluid
December 3rd, 2010, 04:24 AM
Comics aren't canon though, so it remains unresolved.

flobo
December 3rd, 2010, 04:57 AM
Usually,i would agree, but since it's written by one of the show's writter, and it uses a Moore idea, IMO it makes it much more likely to be the canon story.

DigiFluid
December 3rd, 2010, 05:05 AM
It's been a while since I've read it to be honest, but I do remember it had some glaring continuity error with something in the back half of season 4. Which would suggest non-canon. But like I said, it's been ages and I can't remember so I could be wrong.

flobo
December 3rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Yes, it's the Anders no being a scientist thing, but i was just speaking about the Lord of Kobol/Angels connection which was said to be an unmentionned main show idea, the rest was probably made up by the comic writer alone.

Korean_Turtle87
December 3rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
agreed. Since that tech didn't come til later by the final 5

Trig
December 7th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Woooow, hang on a mo, I havent seen the last episodes yet but are we saying that
The William in the show isnt the William we know from BSG
How does that tie in with what we know about age/past etc?

TBA
December 7th, 2010, 09:22 AM
It fits in perfectly - the 'original' William Adama had the continuity wrong (name of his mother, eye colour, stuff like that), but with the 'new' Adama (the BSG one) it all fits.

Angela V
December 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
It bugs me because it was such a big deal in BSG that "the Cylons look like us now". That's not really a big deal anymore if it's already happened, is it? And the resurrected suicide bomber daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the Colonies is hardly going to go unnoticed....

We don't know what happens but I would guess that because she would be noticeable, Zoe wouldn't leave the house. Since we aren't getting a second season we can't know what happens unless they touch on this in Blood and Chrome.

the fifth man
December 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
We don't know what happens but I would guess that because she would be noticeable, Zoe wouldn't leave the house. Since we aren't getting a second season we can't know what happens unless they touch on this in Blood and Chrome.

Which I highly doubt will happen. Sadly.:(

hart37
December 14th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Which I highly doubt will happen. Sadly.:(

I just hope they don't cancel Blood and Chrome

Trig
December 15th, 2010, 03:44 AM

Dont hold your breath..

DigiFluid
December 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Syfylis cancels shows like it's going out of style. They're the budget version of FOX.

Replicator Todd
December 16th, 2010, 08:45 PM
They're the budget version of FOX.

Definitely seems that way!

hart37
December 16th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Dont hold your breath..

After what happened to SGU today/yesterday, not exactly sure when the cancellation was announced, sy-fy doesn't have my biggest amount of confidence atm.

J-Whitt Remastered
December 17th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Syfylis cancels shows like it's going out of style. They're the budget version of FOX.

Actually FOX keeps some of their shows around for awhile. 24 would be my favorite from FOX.

Pharaoh Atem
December 17th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Actually FOX keeps some of their shows around for awhile. 24 would be my favorite from FOX.

24's ratings were double digit so of course it was going to stay awhile

daniel9
December 23rd, 2010, 02:04 AM
now after what happened with sgu there is no way blood and chrome wont be canned

Egle01
December 31st, 2010, 12:16 PM
Oh my jebus. The ending was fantastic! Does anyone happen to know if they changed it after hearing cancellation news?

Trig
January 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
When did they find out, do we know?

Artemis-Neith
January 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
I posted this in another thread. I thought it might be worth to re-post it here.

I don't think the ending was planned from the beginning. I looked this up on a German BSG Forum and found a post from someone (http://caprica-city.de/forum/index.php?showtopic=5407&st=20) (#28), who gave a hint what actually happened. After 4 sec. the text says "Next season on CAPRICA".

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/Artemis-Neith/th_Next_Season.jpg (http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/Artemis-Neith/?action=view&current=Next_Season.mp4)

So, the so called ending was originally a trailer for the (never produced) second season. But regardless, it fits well, imo.

Pharaoh Atem
January 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
like i said before we were told by ron that caprica would have time jumps so it makes sense to end the season like this. it jumps ahead in the story and ironically gave it a nice ending.

Replicator Todd
January 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
like i said before we were told by ron that caprica would have time jumps so it makes sense to end the season like this. it jumps ahead in the story and ironically gave it a nice ending.

I was more TV Show seasons ended like Caprica's first season. It can work as both a series finale and season finale.

Spimman
January 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
For the most part it was really good as a series finale for a show that got cancelled after S1

The Zoe ending didn't make sense...but other than that it was good.

J-Whitt Remastered
January 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
For the most part it was really good as a series finale for a show that got cancelled after S2

The Zoe ending didn't make sense...but other than that it was good.

It was all one season wasn't it? I hope Clarise (sp?) was around when the nukes fell. I hope she survived and died from radiation poisoning.

Spimman
January 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah I edited after I posted - SGU/Caprica mix up

daniel9
January 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
It was all one season wasn't it? I hope Clarise (sp?) was around when the nukes fell. I hope she survived and died from radiation poisoning.

clarice wasnt around when the nukes fell. why would she be? she said she wasn't going to be at atlas arena and you can see her in her house or at one of the sto bases when zoe sends the avatars to hell

J-Whitt Remastered
January 5th, 2011, 03:36 AM
clarice wasnt around when the nukes fell. why would she be? she said she wasn't going to be at atlas arena and you can see her in her house or at one of the sto bases when zoe sends the avatars to hell

She would be either alive or dead when the nukes fell. I seriously doubt that the Cylons would have let her in on their plan to wipe out all of humanity if she were alive.

the fifth man
January 5th, 2011, 07:26 PM
It still really upsets me that this show wasn't given a second season. A real shame IMO.

J-Whitt Remastered
January 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
It still really upsets me that this show wasn't given a second season. A real shame IMO.

Agreed. I was on the edge of my seat throughout all of the five hour marathon yesterday. I even managed to hold off on downloading the episodes after i heard they had aired elsewhere. I find the ending they did give it to be very good, but I still would have loved to see a second and even third season. There's still PLENTY they could have done with this show. It was almost as good as BSG was when I watched it through episode after episode after it had all aired.

I really hope BaC keeps up the great work of the past two series and lasts a lot longer than one season.

hart37
January 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM

True I want to see what happens to certain people, Clarice and Zoey mostly cause you know more than the ending described would have happened. Maybe Blood and Chrome will have references to Caprica.

Trig
January 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Maybe it'll reference Caprica, depending on the time frame we could see some known characters perhaps?

Or, it'll start off slowly building up characters and storylines, the ratings will be crap and it'll be cancelled.
Or, it'll be all space battles from the off and cost a **** load, and be cancelled because it costs too much..

take your pick :lol:

hart37
January 6th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Maybe it'll reference Caprica, depending on the time frame we could see some known characters perhaps?

Or, it'll start off slowly building up characters and storylines, the ratings will be crap and it'll be cancelled.
Or, it'll be all space battles from the off and cost a **** load, and be cancelled because it costs too much..

take your pick :lol:

What about costs the right amount, has plenty of viewers but is cancelled because the sledgehammer is taking on whocaresavic in the wrestling champonship.

Trig
January 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
True there is that option, or we could be positive about it and say that it gives the perfect balance between Caprica's character based stuff and BSG's overallness and makes 5 seasons, 4 D2DVD films as well as a few games and loads of merchandise..

J-Whitt Remastered
January 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
True there is that option, or we could be positive about it and say that it gives the perfect balance between Caprica's character based stuff and BSG's overallness and makes 5 seasons, 4 D2DVD films as well as a few games and loads of merchandise..

:lol: On SyFy? That's a great joke! :lol:

Egle01
March 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Happened to read these over at Twitter -

@geekDadNath @syfy the epilogue was meant to put our characters' chess pieces on the board in different places for season 2's story arc.

@YeFaireFurling @Syfy @geekDadNath Nope, we locked and delivered the episode long before the season 2 decision was made.

@Syfy @geekDadNath The Caprica finale 5 year jump coda was scripted. In post Ron decided to cut it more teaserish but it was always planned.

http://twitter.com/tommyleeba

Replicator Todd
March 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Happened to read these over at Twitter -

@geekDadNath @syfy the epilogue was meant to put our characters' chess pieces on the board in different places for season 2's story arc.

@YeFaireFurling @Syfy @geekDadNath Nope, we locked and delivered the episode long before the season 2 decision was made.

@Syfy @geekDadNath The Caprica finale 5 year jump coda was scripted. In post Ron decided to cut it more teaserish but it was always planned.

http://twitter.com/tommyleeba

*is sad to never see how different Season 2 would of been* :(

Egle01
March 28th, 2011, 07:25 AM
*is sad to never see how different Season 2 would of been* :(It's still somewhat surprising to me that the ending happened to work so well as a series finale, too.