What was the rush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the rush?

What was the rush with jumping to the command ship before repairs were affected? Camile said something like, its only a matter of time before they circumvent that star and come for us. But, weren't the attacking ships destroyed when they entered the corona? It didn't seem like there were any left to go after them. Did I miss something?
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
    What was the rush with jumping to the command ship before repairs were affected? Camile said something like, its only a matter of time before they circumvent that star and come for us. But, weren't the attacking ships destroyed when they entered the corona? It didn't seem like there were any left to go after them. Did I miss something?
    Rush wasn't in charge of the jump - the seed ship was. It was our new "allies", the Ursini, that took Destiny to the command ship before they could make repairs.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I was wondering that as well, it looked like all or most of them were destroyed. With much smaller numbers you'd think we could fight them off while repairing our ship.
      sigpic

Comment

Not only that if there is another attack they can dive for the star and burn off any new attackers while affecting repairs.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

It's all about the location of the command ship. The Ursini knew where the ship was and probably didn't want to risk the command ship leaving and going off somewhere else.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

the Browns expected a double-cross and wanted to make sure Destiny held it's end of the bargain. they clearly know the ship can be defeated, otherwise they wouldn't have sent us.

Not only that if there is another attack they can dive for the star and burn off any new attackers while affecting repairs.
            i was expecting them to hide in the star, yes, but the only logical reason that they didn't would be that Destiny can't stay indefinitely inside a star

Comment

Yes, I think I would have tried to stay in the star for a while, after all the shields would be getting stronger as they gathered energy...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                the Browns expected a double-cross and wanted to make sure Destiny held it's end of the bargain. they clearly know the ship can be defeated, otherwise they wouldn't have sent us.

i was expecting them to hide in the star, yes, but the only logical reason that they didn't would be that Destiny can't stay indefinitely inside a star
                Maybe I misunderstood it, but it seemed like during the Rush/Young/Camile conversation that they made the decision to get out of there, not the aliens. Yea the aliens dropped them out earlier than they said they would but that was to prevent a double cross. The decision to first jump into hyperspace sounded like it was the Destiny's crew decision.
                Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
                  -the final rush towards the command ship was a doublecross from the ursini
                  -the Destiny crew figured they were jumping to a safe location away from any danger
                  -they could indeed have simply sublighted back into the sun when new drones arrived, but I guess that could only be a temporary, exceptional solution

the drones did seem to increase in number throughout their initial run on the destiny, there were only a couple ones in the simulation and a whole lot of them that jumped into the sun
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I was also a bit surprised about the need to get out of there so quickly.

The drones seemed to keep speed with Destiny fairly well, before being destroyed. So if there were other drones to worry about, wouldn't they have gotten around the star pretty darn quick?(assuming the drones were able to figure out to go around and not through). Yet, there weren't any other drones coming at them...so...didn't all the drones get blown up, and so couldn't they chill out and make repairs?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                      I was also a bit surprised about the need to get out of there so quickly.

The drones seemed to keep speed with Destiny fairly well, before being destroyed. So if there were other drones to worry about, wouldn't they have gotten around the star pretty darn quick?(assuming the drones were able to figure out to go around and not through). Yet, there weren't any other drones coming at them...so...didn't all the drones get blown up, and so couldn't they chill out and make repairs?
                      Even if Destiny's crew didn't want to stick around long enough to make repairs (though people in this thread have given reasonable arguments why they could have), they could have, AT LEAST, waited 2 hours or however long they had left until the 3 hour window had passed. There was no reason for all that "We might all die in FTL because it hasn't been 3 hours yet". It made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                        It's all about the location of the command ship. The Ursini knew where the ship was and probably didn't want to risk the command ship leaving and going off somewhere else.
                        I doubt that as the Ursini have likely known the location of the command ship for a very long time.

Comment

well that's the prob, it should be able to and there's been nothing to suggest that it can't

since the ship is powered by the stars it could stay forever concealed within & refill its energy reserves, and the crew would have all the time in the world to effect repairs too, then it could leave the star, take out a bunch of drones, and when the shields start to weaken then just take another dip & recharge batteries & shields, make repairs, then exit & fight, rince & repeat...
                          heck with that tactic they could take out an unlimited number of drones

basically another huge plot hole with an effective but seriously underused tactic they could've used to get themselves outa this mess
                          sounds like major P.I.S :/

Comment

They could have stayed a little bit longer in the star though - they followed the Seed ship out again so I take it that they could have stopped for a proper recharge. They took the Ursini's lead pretty quickly - monkey say monkey do LOL How about some face to face negotiations.
                            sigpic
                            Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                              Even if Destiny's crew didn't want to stick around long enough to make repairs (though people in this thread have given reasonable arguments why they could have), they could have, AT LEAST, waited 2 hours or however long they had left until the 3 hour window had passed. There was no reason for all that "We might all die in FTL because it hasn't been 3 hours yet". It made no sense.
                              Ours didnt activate, only the seed ships.. So maybe theirs don't have as much of a delay need

well that's the prob, it should be able to and there's been nothing to suggest that it can't
                              Maybe we can't stay there indefinitely as we would overfill the capacitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X