PDA

View Full Version : Who expected this character to come back aboard Destiny?

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I foresaw David's return to Destiny, and it seems that a lot of other fans did as well.

If you predicted Telford's return, say that you did and how you expected it to happen.

If you did not, explain why you thought so.

Ekras
November 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I expected him to come back for this episode, than return to the Ursini (seeder) ship. It still may happen, but I have other theories now.....

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I expected him to come back for this episode, than return to the Ursini (seeder) ship. It still may happen, but I have other theories now.....

Theories such as...?

Daniela
November 30th, 2010, 08:58 PM

Like becoming the Earth's first ambassador to an alien race?

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Like becoming the Earth's first ambassador to an alien race?

Earth's first ambassador to an alien race was Jacob Carter, host to Selmak. The second was Daniel Jackson's grandfather Nick.

Pharaoh Atem
November 30th, 2010, 09:06 PM
i did , it would be a insult to LDP to off his character like that

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
i did , it would be a insult to LDP to off his character like that

I agree. I hope he becomes at least a recurring character again, and at best a main character. He could become the commander of the seed ship, and the seed ship would follow Destiny's path.

Replicator Todd
November 30th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I think Telford would return, but not in this way. I expected him to randomly come through the stargate somehow or somehow escaped the Ursini. But nevertheless it was awesome how he returned.

hedwig
November 30th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I foresaw David's return to Destiny, and it seems that a lot of other fans did as well.

If you predicted Telford's return, say that you did and how you expected it to happen.

I didn't quite know how it was going to happen, other than even last week during the previews for this week, I was thinking "Telford's coming back with the little brown aliens and they'll save Destiny". Not very often I'm that right about stuff. :)

hedwig
November 30th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Earth's first ambassador to an alien race was Jacob Carter, host to Selmak. The second was Daniel Jackson's grandfather Nick.

The third was Joe Faxon (to the Aschen) in "2001" and "2010". He may not have survived, but it counts.

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM
The third was Joe Faxon (to the Aschen) in "2001" and "2010". He may not have survived, but it counts.

He didn't survive? :O I must have forgotten.

Sapphire_Jade
November 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I knew Telford was going to come back I had no clue how they were going to do it though... I loved this return!! It kicked butt!!!

lordofseas
November 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Let's try NOT to have spoilers in the title.

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Let's try NOT to have spoilers in the title.

Sorry :(. Isn't this in the subforum for people who have already seen the episode?

lordofseas
November 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry :(. Isn't this in the subforum for people who have already seen the episode?

You can still see the full title through various ways without entering the subforum.

sgc
November 30th, 2010, 09:55 PM
You can still see the full title through various ways without entering the subforum.

Oh. Well, I assume you changed the title, so thanks :).

Bagpuss
November 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM
What los said,though only Mods can change titles unless the original poster does the edit themselves within 5 minutes.:)

Thread titles show up on New Posts search ,RSS feeds,subscription to folder e-mails ,and are visible on the forum front pages and sidebar section.

Title spoiler's fixed for the benefit of all those who haven't seen this episode.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 12:51 AM
Colonel Telford to the rescue, yeah! All he's missing was a cowboy hat.

Cold Fuzz
December 1st, 2010, 01:13 AM
Colonel Telford to the rescue, yeah! All he's missing was a cowboy hat.

Along with some revolvers and horses...along with Emilio Estevez and Kiefer Sutherland. ;) (a reference to Young Guns I & II for those who didn't get the reference. :P)

I did expect Telford to come back but definitely not in such spectacular fashion. :D

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM
I would've been shocked had I not seen "Resurgence" promo pics. :(

Aewon
December 1st, 2010, 01:53 AM
I expected him to come back, but not this soon, although it was pretty obvious that one of the races engaged in this war would be the Ursini.

No, it doesn't. If he's still alive he's a prisoner, not an ambassador.

thekillman
December 1st, 2010, 02:03 AM
he was an ambassador in the alternate timeline

i didn't expect it, i KNEW it. it was so straight in the face obvious.

in fact, i even knew they'd pull a BSG and have the seed ship help, having both ships fight side-by-side.

now i think the Blues designed the automatons.

The Destiny
December 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
I totally expected a dramatic entrance from the seedship. Fleeing inside the star was creative though. Silly drones, following into a star xD

Gatz
December 1st, 2010, 03:53 AM
I expected him to come back exactly this way, with the Seed Ship to the rescue, just not so soon.
But I didn't expect the Ursini to be such *******s :D

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 04:50 AM

Though i expected it, i didn't think he would bring the entire ship with him!

Actually the first would technically BE daniel, to the people of abydos.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM
Actually the first would technically BE daniel, to the people of abydos.

Hm, touche... Well, Earth's first official ambassador was Jacob Carter, but the first unofficial one was Daniel.

icsteffi
December 1st, 2010, 06:30 AM
I was pretty sure he would be back, and I was pretty sure he would be back with the brown alien's (ok-ursini) help! I never saw them as a danger. I always thought they were desperate and not evil. Fainting and stuff. Yeah. :)

I also assumed it would be this episode because we needed something big and cool for the mid-season finale....plus it was the first thing that popped into my head when I learned the title of this episode.

LDP will always rise again ;)

Ekras
December 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hm, touche... Well, Earth's first official ambassador was Jacob Carter, but the first unofficial one was Daniel.

Actually it was some ancient a VERY long time ago...

And if your only counting Humans, than it was Elizabeth Wray to the Ancients of Atlantis when she went back in time.....

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Actually it was some ancient a VERY long time ago...

And if your only counting Humans, than it was Elizabeth Wray to the Ancients when she went back in time.....

I think you meant Weir. Hm... so it goes:

Weir
Daniel
Jacob
Jack (The Fifth Race)
SG-1 (Pretense)
Jack (A Hundred Days)
Grandpa Nick (Crystal Skull)
Joe (2010)
Sam Carter (Ascension)
Daniel (Meridian)
SG-1 (Memento)
Chaka (Enemy Mine)
Harry (It's Good to Be King)
Daniel (Moebius)
Daniel and Vala (Avalon)
Mitchell (Babylon)
Mitchell (Collateral Damage)
SG-1 (Bad Guys)

SGeff
December 1st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Well, I have another question how long this time he will stay in Destiny.

Don't get me wrong, I love Telford, my favourite character along with Eli. But it's unlikely TPTB will keep him long. It annoyed me a little bit, LDP is a great person and actor.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM
Well, I have another question how long this time he will stay in Destiny.

Don't get me wrong, I love Telford, my favourite character along with Eli. But it's unlikely TPTB will keep him long. It annoyed me a little bit, LDP is a great person and actor.

Well, I don't watch shows or movies for the cast (usually), but he is a good actor. I hope he will stay for a while, but even if he doesn't, we'll hear from him again. Well, unless he dies. Stargate has been known to bring back unused characters just to kill them off :( I hope that's not the case, though.

dgh64
December 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
When he got left behind on the seed ship, I remember thinking "Oh, just like Rush with the crashed ship in Season 1." So, yeah, I knew he'd be back.

Galileo_Galilee
December 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
I did fully expect him to return, however, I wasn't quite sure how. I did state in the episode thread where he'd left that I'm sure he'd be back,

But the reason why I knew he'd return is characters only leave the show permanently is they are end their contract in some way, and to my knowledge, Philips hadn't ended his contract.

It is only when the contract is done is when a main or leading character can be killed off or leaves in a permanent manner.

Until then you can put them into any dangerous situation.

For example, the reason why Jadzia was killed off is because Terry Farrell tried to get more money out of the network but they said no so they ended her contract and killed Jadzia off.

Replicator Todd
December 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM

Tsk,tsk. I try to avoid spoilers at all costs!

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 08:43 PM
I did fully expect him to return, however, I wasn't quite sure how. I did state in the episode thread where he'd left that I'm sure he'd be back,

But the reason why I knew he'd return is characters only leave the show permanently is they are end their contract in some way, and to my knowledge, Philips hadn't ended his contract.

It is only when the contract is done is when a main or leading character can be killed off or leaves in a permanent manner.

Until then you can put them into any dangerous situation.

For example, the reason why Jadzia was killed off is because Terry Farrell tried to get more money out of the network but they said no so they ended her contract and killed Jadzia off.

Well, the cast of Stargate is known for its "anti-diva-ness". They won't tolerate the "bleh bleh bleh i want money nyah nyah nyah" attitude.

Major characters and recurring characters only permanently die permanently extremely rarely in Stargate, though.

blueray
December 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
i knew that he'd be back from the time that he left (clearly he wasn't dead). i'm glad that they did wait this long to bring him back though. my only complaint is they sort of rushed his story, it would have been cool if we got to see some of it. maybe it like a flashback.

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM
i knew that he'd be back from the time that he left (clearly he wasn't dead). i'm glad that they did wait this long to bring him back though. my only complaint is they sort of rushed his story, it would have been cool if we got to see some of it. maybe it like a flashback.

I'm fairly sure we will see a bit of it later in the season, most likely after the battle is done and they're on their merry way, at the end of the episode where they are all in the mess talking. They had to rush his story, but he said that he had a long story to tell and not much time to tell it, but there wasn't any place to put it, as the episode was already filled to the brim (appropriately, and done quite well) with the action scenes and character development.

Pharaoh Atem
December 1st, 2010, 09:07 PM

'turns off eg's internet

sgc
December 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
'turns off eg's internet

LOL. I just avoid spoilers whenever possible. I don't want to see what's going to happen in a future episode. If I didn't care enough to see the episode myself before reading all its juicy details, then I'd have no reason to read the spoilers anyway.

garhkal
December 2nd, 2010, 02:49 AM

Touche back..

And if your only counting Humans, than it was Elizabeth Wray to the Ancients of Atlantis when she went back in time.....

You can't really count that, as it spured an alternate timeline..

FallenAngelII
December 2nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
I expected it to happen just the way it did; he'd somehow manage to fly the ship and catch up to the Destiny.

It was pretty obvious he was going to come back when we didn't see him actually die.

Kanten
December 2nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
It was only a matter of time until Telford came back to Destiny somehow, they always do in scifi. A mid-season/season finale is always one of the most likely times for something like that to happen.

Of course throwing 'and Lou Diamond Phillips' on the screen at the beginning mostly ruined the surprise.

Buck32
December 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM

Naturally he was going to return, and he came back in almost the exact way i imagined, i just didn't expect a tacked on space battle with enemies straight out of BSG.

Mozzza
December 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM

I knew he'd return, I didn't know when. I wouldn't have suspected the cliff hanger had I not read posts on GW. I actually wish I hadn't known, because it spoiled the surprise for me xD

Rylor
December 4th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I fully expected him to return. The entire situation at the end of "Awakening" screamed "We haven't seen the last of him".

yamiinsane
December 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I knew that he was coming back but didn't know how. But I gotta say that they way he came back was awesome, even if I don't like his character.