The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ursini

First of all, not a big fan of the name, just the sound of it doesn't really do anything for me.

Secondly, why didn't Telford and the aliens just write text in Ancient to communicate with one another?

I had hoped the Seed ship would return and we'd have more ships traveling with us through the series, Destiny building itself it's own fleet would be pretty spectacular tbh.

Other than that what do you guys think of their involvement in the series so far, their look, and their place in this episode etc. etc.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

My main problem with them is they are too expensive to actually use them enough.

Comment

I was kinda hoping they'd be more visible in this episode, but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

sands,smurfs and now Ursini
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think that they will be highly involved, at least throughout the next half-season or season, but if they are indeed too expensive to do the CGI and stuff, then they may be used mostly through reference. Also, they may have a few puppets made, like the Asgard. They were part CGI and part puppet. That's why they were always sitting down.

Comment

I'd love to see a fleet of ships assisting Destiny on it's mission. *waits for someone to scream BSG rip-off*

I guess the "blooper" released may have actually happened after all.

Comment

Nah, just give Destiny a refit so we don't have to keep worrying about things breaking down. This is the perfect excuse to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                Nah, just give Destiny a refit so we don't have to keep worrying about things breaking down. This is the perfect excuse to do it.
                how? and with what supples?

Comment

Even if it was just Destiny and the seed ship for awhile, i'd be pleased. Visually it'd be pretty stunning and it would really give for a visual aspect of how the show has developed and progressed so far both visually, technologically and in terms of the overall story itself.

And I'm still not seeing a reason why they couldn't just use the consoles to communicate with one another, they demonstrated they could do it later on in the episode as well, just remembered that. The pods thing just didn't seem all that necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    how? and with what supples?
                    Easy. They defeat these drones, then the Ursini take them to their homeworld. Lots of supplies should be there. Get Destiny all patched up, then they part ways.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      Easy. They defeat these drones, then the Ursini take them to their homeworld. Lots of supplies should be there. Get Destiny all patched up, then they part ways.
                      ... maybe

Comment

So i'm thinking.....

It's pretty convenient that the Ursini have life-supporting pods. They went out of their way to mention that these pods provide basic nutrients etc. I bet at least one (possibly several) Ursini will eject from the seed ship as its destroyed. Would be awesome if we took on Ursini refugees.... would be a total game-changer! At least let us keep a pod!!!!

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...413-The-Ursini

Comment

Just to be clear, these are not the Furlings?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                              Just to be clear, these are not the Furlings?
                              No; it was established at SGU's first Comic Con that SGU would not deal with the Furlings .
                              Last edited by sgc; 30 November 2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: changed smiley

Comment

Working...
                              X