PDA

View Full Version : Dialling Earth

Flibby
November 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Not really sure if I missed something or if they just failed to make it clear.
Why do we need their help to dial Earth? Does the seed ship have some kind of advantage that would allow make it more viable or perhaps having the two ships in conjunction or were they just going to help them figure it out?

morbosfist
November 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
The seed ship has a huge power reserve which would enable them to dial Earth, which is why is will almost certainly explode in the next episode.

CJ Master
November 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Draining the power from the seed ship would theoretically allow Destiny to dial Earth.

Flibby
November 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
They tried to do that last time it was docked, right?

rsanchez
November 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
In awakening, the Destiny was moments away from dialing Earth before the Ursini reversed the power stream and started draining energy from the Destiny to the seeder ship.

pipi
December 1st, 2010, 01:10 AM
They just needed the extra battery capacity of the seeder ship to dial Earth. And as someone else mention, that means the seeder ship is going to go bye bye.

garhkal
December 1st, 2010, 04:15 AM
But that is still making the assumption our power grid on the destiny can handle the needed power..

knowles2
December 1st, 2010, 07:01 AM
I guesting they must have repaired the grid to a certain extent.

LeonK
December 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM
The seed ship has a huge power reserve which would enable them to dial Earth, which is why is will almost certainly explode in the next episode.

lolol so true. sad that it's so obviously going to happen.

dgh64
December 1st, 2010, 07:41 PM
Either that, or the Ursini will fly away with it after we've dealt with their drones for them... little brown backstabbers...

Pharaoh Atem
December 1st, 2010, 07:41 PM
it was explained in awaking

The Swarm
December 2nd, 2010, 02:37 AM
Crap... i realy liked the Seed Ship, even more than Destiny.
But alas she will probably get wrecked in the next episode or who knows...they may get it back and dock them. An extra ship will be invaluable for the mission not to mention the ability to dial Earth everytime they want since they demonstrated the abilty to jump in FTL while combined.

They would be stupid not to atempt to get it back from the Ursini by useing Chloe to drain it of energy and shut down the life support on the ship so that the backstabbing browns die.

This just proves that Young is not fit to lead, Rush was right about this one.

ArchaeoNerd
December 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM

"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."
...Teal'c, "200"

Nth Chevron
December 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
...Teal'c, "200"

This.Wins.The.Thread.

N.C

pipi
December 3rd, 2010, 01:04 AM
...Teal'c, "200"

BOOYAH! That's what makes the world go round. Applies to sci-fi and also in real life politics/wars.

thekillman
December 3rd, 2010, 01:42 AM
But that is still making the assumption our power grid on the destiny can handle the needed power..

the grid means all power conduits. it's possible they repaired Priority conduits, namely those along the lenght of the ship to power the gun batteries and the main weapon. those conduits would've been used to transfer the power, into the gate.

that does not mean the ones from the solar collectors to the gate are completely repaired.

smart
December 3rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
Destiny, obviously does not have the power required to gate to Earth. As we explored in Awakening, having the power transferred from the seed ship to Destiny's already existing supply, would provide the essential amount of power needed to make a gate connection billions of light years away, on Earth.

garhkal
December 4th, 2010, 01:38 AM
BUT would it have worked is another matter.

megablue
December 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I guesting they must have repaired the grid to a certain extent.

I don't think the destiny crews will be able to get home... at least not so soon. Most of the crews ain't fit for the greatest mission of all time once they're able to get home I cant think of any reason for them to join the mission again. The only person that loved the mission most probably is Rush. So the seeder ship getting destroy or inaccessible for Destiny is most likely scenarios that will happen on next episode.

Nth Chevron
December 4th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Destiny is so old and had problems in her main capacitor to the point that she is only able to fill upto 40% of maximum reserve capacity when she refuels in a star.

N.C

UniverseSizePlotHole
December 5th, 2010, 02:51 AM
...Teal'c, "200"

Green for you (and big brown splosions?)