Configuring the Stones to be a network bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring the Stones to be a network bridge

I think it would be a kewl idea to some hook a stone into Destiny's mainframe and then hook the other into the network at the SGC. At least then they could download the info from Destiny.

Except they have no idea how the stones work.

Comment

the stones are for people. besides they might not have any interest in what destiny has.

and what happens if they wreck the stones?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

and what happens if they wreck the stones?
        The consensus would be better episodes.
        sigpic

Comment

The problem is that it only works with living beings. Now if the Destiny and the SGC computer were a biological neuron-cell computer, maybe, but we don't know if it has to be a sentient creature to work.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

maybe Todd can help lol - wraith human swap...or destiny AI swap with nannites... bahhahaha

theres gotta be something really crazy that can be done w/those stones. crazy as in really complicated and cool...

Comment

Between our version of the communications stones, the stargates ability to contact and update theirselves over great distances and the asgard + ancient databases you would imagine we could transfer data over that long distance already.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                Between our version of the communications stones, the stargates ability to contact and update theirselves over great distances and the asgard + ancient databases you would imagine we could transfer data over that long distance already.
                I think you're underestimating the distance. We don't even know wether the gate systems in different galaxies have 'contact' with one another, ( like updating information ) apart from people dailing to another galaxy by using a huge powersource. The SGC can contact via subspace about... halfway pegasus and earth ( Like in Critical mass ( 02x13 SGA ), you know, what they solved with the "lord of the rings beacons approach" ) Sending data the distance of a supercluster worth of galaxies is an unimaginable distance.

Comment

true putting it that way its a very long way....

i wonder why gates cant just be bidirectional between the two spots - since both ends are pretty much [or seem to be] connected. lets see some bidirectional gates!!

i wonder if discovery of how these stones work [they're bidirectional - between two consciousnesses] would have any crossover principle w/what makes stargates work at all. i know gates have naquadah, and the event horizon properties in SGU gates are the same w/SG1 and SGA gates [?]...but the SGC havent built any gates. Tolans have, and of course so did Orlin.

I mean these stones are pretty crazy, no chevrons just snap and youre there...whats up w/that?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguywithlasereye View Post
                    i wonder why gates cant just be bidirectional between the two spots - since both ends are pretty much [or seem to be] connected. lets see some bidirectional gates!!
                    One ends disassembles, the other end reassembles. You can't have two-way travel because the entrance/exit point also serves as the mode of transmission.

Originally posted by greenguywithlasereye View Post
                    I mean these stones are pretty crazy, no chevrons just snap and youre there...whats up w/that?
                    You're not there, but your mind is. Very different.

Comment

It's funny to me how everyone here writes off a lot of things as impossible. This is Stargate, people!

On more than a few occasions our team woke up thinking they were living beings when they were actually robots. I think the difference between "living" and "nonliving" is very blurred, even the difference between "organic" and "nonorganic" isn't very clear in Stargate. If the Replicators can interface with human brains, surely we, with all our knowledge, can rig stones originally designed to communicate with human brains to communicate with a more metallic computer instead.

Comment

The chair on Destiny+stones+stone+a empty Ancient head sucker = sending the information very fast
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          The chair on Destiny+stones+stone+a empty Ancient head sucker = sending the information very fast
                          If the information could be 'transscribed' out of ones head, then yeah, it would save a load of retelling of reports.

Comment

Well Merlin was able to copy his mind into a sucker , the challenge is to get it out
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                            StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                            GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              Except they have no idea how the stones work.
                              If they have built a new "network router" or whatever you call it, that is also 1/10 the size of the ones the Ancients originally used, that allows them to work they have to have more than an idea of how they work.

Comment

Working...
                              X