Kino Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kino Recordings

How does Eli plug his laptop to grab the Kino feed? Wouldn't he also have to have a knowledge of low-level coding in ancient to gain access assuming he's using a USB? If that's the case, why didn't he ever try coding a program to control Destiny like Rush *said* he did?
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Eli probably had some help from the other scientists, and he learned rudimentary ancient from that MMO he was playing back in Air Part 1. From there, it looks like he has been learning on the fly.

Also, if they all believed that Rush was creating that program so Eli was working on other things and Rush made sure to not have anybody look at his work when he was "working" on it.
    My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
      Eli probably had some help from the other scientists, and he learned rudimentary ancient from that MMO he was playing back in Air Part 1. From there, it looks like he has been learning on the fly.

Also, if they all believed that Rush was creating that program so Eli was working on other things and Rush made sure to not have anybody look at his work when he was "working" on it.
      Perhaps, but how'd he plug the computer in?

Also, they all found out about this (likely) fake program Rush was creating in "The Greater Good", so there was no reason for Eli not to be working on such software.

Spoiler:
      *beep*
      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

True, but since "The Greater Good"

they have had to deal with Simeon and the Zombie Shuttle.

So he might be working on it, but he was also working on the dialing within a star program, so he has a lot to do methinks.

The Destiny must have a wireless network? I forget does Eli have a Mac or PC?
        "This computer is connected to Kino 1"?
        Otherwise, they have been able to interface with Ancient tech at least since Atlantis.

Comment

So he might be working on it, but he was also working on the dialing within a star program, so he has a lot to do methinks.

Otherwise, they have been able to interface with Ancient tech at least since Atlantis.
          Eli has a PC, I guess that makes sense seeing as he is a gamer. Not sure where he actually got his laptop from though, haha. I never saw him bring one on board.

I haven't seen SG-1 or Atlantis, but I plan to do so over the break, or at least watch some of SG-1.

Spoiler:
          *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
            Eli has a PC, I guess that makes sense seeing as he is a gamer. Not sure where he actually got his laptop from though, haha. I never saw him bring one on board.

I haven't seen SG-1 or Atlantis, but I plan to do so over the break, or at least watch some of SG-1.
            I had only seen random episodes before SGU started and found gateworld when I found this:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/

A lot of people on a lot of different sites had their own opinions on the order they should be watched, but I found Gateworld's guide the most helpful.

Comment

I haven't seen SG-1 or Atlantis

but I plan to do so over the break
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I had only seen random episodes before SGU started and found gateworld when I found this:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...viewing-order/

A lot of people on a lot of different sites had their own opinions on the order they should be watched, but I found Gateworld's guide the most helpful.
                Thanks for that link, that actually helps out a lot

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post

Spoiler:
                *beep*

Comment

To the question at hand, Eli got his laptop from the supplies they brought with them, presumably, and the SGC has spent years learning how to interface their tech with virtually any alien system.

Comment

They have ways to connect their computers to ancient ones and then just copy it across.

maybe they made wireless units and connected them to the ancient computers so they can access it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      To the question at hand, Eli got his laptop from the supplies they brought with them, presumably, and the SGC has spent years learning how to interface their tech with virtually any alien system.
                      Fair enough. I didn't know that, re. SGC's knowledge. I'm still new to the SG world

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      They have ways to connect their computers to ancient ones and then just copy it across.

maybe they made wireless units and connected them to the ancient computers so they can access it anywhere.
                      Maybe, but I'd imagine that would still be difficult to get the correct frequency, etc.

Spoiler:
                      *beep*

Comment

Eli mentioned "iMovie" so I am assuming it's a Mac.
                        The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
                          Eli mentioned "iMovie" so I am assuming it's a Mac.
                          I've never seen a mac with such casing, haha. Perhaps he's running a cracked version of OS X.

Spoiler:
                          *beep*

Comment

How does Eli plug his laptop to grab the Kino feed? Wouldn't he also have to have a knowledge of low-level coding in ancient to gain access assuming he's using a USB? If that's the case, why didn't he ever try coding a program to control Destiny like Rush *said* he did?
                            didnt you ask this in the other thread ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Magnets!!

Comment

Working...
                              X