The Bridge in The Greater Good SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bridge in The Greater Good SPOILERS S2

So, as we know, when somebody enters the bridge and sits down, the whole room lifts up on the ship. My question is, if the room moved up, how on Destiny did Eli manage to get to the bridge in "The Greater Good"? Wouldn't a wall go up blocking access to the bridge from the door as it has elevated? Is there a ladder that appears? What the heck!?

How did Eli get there?
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

maybe the section outside moves up as well and the elevator just has to go up a bit more. seems a little idiotic to make a bridge that cannot be accessed unless you lose your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      maybe the section outside moves up as well and the elevator just has to go up a bit more. seems a little idiotic to make a bridge that cannot be accessed unless you lose your point of view.
      I was wondering that, but I can't picture the mechanics behind it. It takes about three doors to get to the bridge. There's the one outside, then the one inside, then there is one on the left. Perhaps the floor in each section moves up 33%, or tilts like a ramp somehow.

I would love to see such a thing in SGU.

Spoiler:
      *beep*
      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

the bridge moves up first, and only then can you access it

Comment

You see with Amanda, that they walk up steps to gt to the entrance panel..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I never see any stairs at all, I just see Eli open the door. It was a straight cut. Unless I am looking at the wrong episode? (The Greater Good).

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            the bridge moves up first, and only then can you access it
            I'm not sure you understood my question, but yah xP.

Spoiler:
            *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Ahhh I see what you mean. This raises an even bigger problem, because when she enters and activates the controls, then the bridge elevates even higher, meaning it'd require even more steps to actually enter the room.

Spoiler:
              *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                So, as we know, when somebody enters the bridge and sits down, the whole room lifts up on the ship. My question is, if the room moved up, how on Destiny did Eli manage to get to the bridge in "The Greater Good"? Wouldn't a wall go up blocking access to the bridge from the door as it has elevated? Is there a ladder that appears? What the heck!?
                As far as I can tell, the bridge raises only a few feet, so as long as people going onto the bridge watched their step, they should be fine.
                "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                  As far as I can tell, the bridge raises only a few feet, so as long as people going onto the bridge watched their step, they should be fine.
                  From the outside of the ship (from memory) it looked like it raised nearly two metres, if you count the height of the window as tall as a person.

Spoiler:
                  *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
                    From the outside of the ship (from memory) it looked like it raised nearly two metres, if you count the height of the window as tall as a person.
                    Here is the inside of the bridge, and here's the outside.

Those windows are nowhere near two meters tall.
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

No, but the room elevates around two metres is what I meant judging by the size of the windows.

Spoiler:
                      *beep*

Comment

The raised section probably extends beyond the airlock door into the hall a short distance. I imagine the elevator also goes straight into it.

Comment

In fact, judging more closely, considering Rush has walked down some steps and he is in the centre of the room, the bridge elevated around three metres.

So I want to know how Eli and co. got into the bridge when it was raised, surely there wouldn't be enough room for three metres worth of steps or ramp.

Spoiler:
                          *beep*

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            The raised section probably extends beyond the airlock door into the hall a short distance. I imagine the elevator also goes straight into it.
                            Perhaps, I'd like to see it though, that would be cool

Spoiler:
                            *beep*

Comment

Perhaps the outside reconfigures as well.. like more steps appear.

Comment

Working...
                              X