PDA

View Full Version : If they hadn't remembered, would they still have died?

nx01a
November 25th, 2010, 08:34 PM
So the first two die after trying to or actually remembering what happened to them on the planet. If they hadn't tried to remember, do you think they'd have died? Well, died again?

Rush's sarcastic argument about belief is that you don't have to explain it because it's faith and God. The minute they tried to remember, they all started croaking. Maybe the aliens would have let them live if they kept the faith and remained blissfully ignorant.

Avenger
November 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
I thought about that, but there was never any indication that anyone but Cane and one other person partook in the hypnosis sessions with Wray because after the first guy died, Young said Cane was the next volunteer. So, they would have died anyway.

hedwig
November 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
The way I understood it, they were already dead, and had been somehow resurrected so they were like "walking dead" people. I don't believe that remembering what happened to them on the planet caused them to die again. They simply started dying in the order they died on the planet. We only saw three people (Val, Peter, Kane) who were actually recalling events on the planet. Between those first two and Kane, the others began to die. Kane was the last one and he was dying as he sat with TJ at the end of the episode. He even said something about recalling his own death, and it was a memory no one should have to experience (or some similar words).

jelgate
November 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78220-Did-anyone-else-get-the-feeling-that....

nx01a
November 25th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Whoops. Didn't see that thread. Obviously... :D