No "I Told You So?" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No "I Told You So?" ?

There should have been a scene with Young telling them "I Told You So" when they mentioned how horrible the winter was and all they could remember was trying to survive. Young specifically said "I'm leaving you the Shuttle, because we don't know how bad the winters are but its prolly not going to be enough" (paraphrasing). Those stupid stupid scientists......

I told you so!

And scientists who couldn't fix the shuttle. Oh, they got what was coming to them.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

poor scientists froze to death ;(
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
        There should have been a scene with Young telling them "I Told You So" when they mentioned how horrible the winter was and all they could remember was trying to survive. Young specifically said "I'm leaving you the Shuttle, because we don't know how bad the winters are but its prolly not going to be enough" (paraphrasing). Those stupid stupid scientists......
        That would have been immature of him. As leader of the crew he can't afford to be that petty regarding the choice those folks made.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          I told you so!

And scientists who couldn't fix the shuttle. Oh, they got what was coming to them.
          a botanist is s scientist and i SURE they could fix a computer...... *sarcasm*

Comment

Young does say it, just not in those words. He calls Caine on getting them all killed, then when TJ tries to defend him, he uses the dead lady as proof that he was right. Young doesn't say it word for word not only because it would be immature, but the situation is way more serious than that.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              a botanist is s scientist and i SURE they could fix a computer...... *sarcasm*
              I have no idea what a botanist would have been doing on the Icarus project...
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I was kind of hoping he would actually say that to Mr ' We should have stayed on that planet ' Scott . Still.. good to get closure on the issue.

Comment

I have no idea what a botanist would have been doing on the Icarus project...
                  Studying the plant life on the planet? Icarus Base was kinda like a Gamma Base, only that they had no intention of evacuating anyone there and the main project was the Icarus one (While everybody else got to do other stuff). Maybe. I don't actually recall hearing about a botanist on the Destiny. Caine was an IT Tech, but...
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It perhaps might have been a little immature and inappropriate for Young to start saying "ha ha I told you so, you all died." He is after all older than 6.

Comment

And scientists who couldn't fix the shuttle.
                      Fixing the shuttle without spare parts? Only McKay would be able to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lainier View Post
                        Fixing the shuttle without spare parts? Only McKay would be able to do that!
                        And Sam. Don't forget that all they had to do was change some crystals around

Comment

Icarus base was housing supples, team members and equipment for an expedition to Destiny, which may have needed a botanist at some point?

N.C

Comment

Don't forget that they're all the wrong people at the wrong place.
                            That tagline's getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
                              Young's neither that callous or that childish. A big deal was made at the time that those people should be allowed to make their own choices, no matter how stupid those choices might have been. If, in Faith, Young had sided with Rush and brought all those people back against their will, the screaming and shouting about it being a 'military dictatorship' would have been deafening. Those people made their choice, against his objections. He left them what little help he could. I don't think he'd take the childish route and start i told you soing over the deaths of those people.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X