So did Peter(?) make it to the Obelisk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did Peter(?) make it to the Obelisk?

There was one of the Edenites that set out on his own into the snow, I think his name was Peter, but whoever it was...I can only assume he set out to try and reach the Obelisk, in the hope that there was something there to help them survive. I cant imagine what else was around there they knew about that he would have hoped to reach.

Do you think that's what really "saved" them? He reached the obelisk, activated a beacon, but died before the aliens could respond...when they finally do, they find the settlement full of dead bodies and Caine. They access the shuttle's data, find out it was from Destiny, they track it down and return them in what they think is "like new" condition, or at worst "as best as we can do, better than nothing" condition.

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
    There was one of the Edenites that set out on his own into the snow, I think his name was Peter, but whoever it was...I can only assume he set out to try and reach the Obelisk, in the hope that there was something there to help them survive. I cant imagine what else was around there they knew about that he would have hoped to reach.

Do you think that's what really "saved" them? He reached the obelisk, activated a beacon, but died before the aliens could respond...when they finally do, they find the settlement full of dead bodies and Caine. They access the shuttle's data, find out it was from Destiny, they track it down and return them in what they think is "like new" condition, or at worst "as best as we can do, better than nothing" condition.
    I thought it was pretty clear that he was walking out into the snow to kill himself. He was distraught over the death of Val and he committed suicide by cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
      I thought it was pretty clear that he was walking out into the snow to kill himself. He was distraught over the death of Val and he committed suicide by cold.
      yup just got it over with
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

He was also the man that Camille was hypnotizing in order to find out what happened on the planet, and as he was describing what had happened to Val, he had some sort of seizure and died.

Part of the reason he walked off into the snow to freeze to death was because he felt so guilty that the tree he was chopping down fell on Val and killed her.

Comment

Working...
        X