Fantastic Episode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Episode.

Whoever wrote and directed this episode needs a serious pat on the back. This is probably my favourite episode of Season Two and from the promo's initially, I never thought I would say that.

They didn't force the whole God Complex onto us, the notion of faith vs science and everything didn't really feel like it was being spoon-fed to us either. The acting was all superb, especially from the actor portraying Cain (again, something I never thought i'd say).

There was some really visceral moments, some really superbly acted scenes and a really great premise in the Faith Aliens. Naming the planet Eden was a nice touch as well. Also instead of losing something like most episodes we gained a new shuttle, a kino and insight into the aliens themselves. The idea that they allowed the Eden settlers to come back to the ship and live with their companions one last time was really special.

I know this thread serves no practical purpose, but I'm sorry, I just needed to say all of that. The theme running throughout this episode....everything. This episode they really nailed the general feeling I was hoping for with this show.

Bravo guys, excellent work.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

i love that the people on Destiny keep claiming they're not gods but advanced aliens. unlike certain other shows. but hey, there have been so many false gods and god-like beings, why would you still believe in a god

Comment

Kaeb, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments.

The resurrection element was comparable to the end of A.I when the evolved A.I (the grey alien looking entities) claimed to have the ability to bring people back through cloning for a limited time. There were also elements of the Matrix in the "...your mind makes it real" sense. Everything felt right in this episode though I'll admit to skipping through the Chloe scenes.

It's good to know that even in the fictional universe of SGU, where anything is possible through technology, that, the power of the resurrection of the soul is still a reserve of God. Or we shall see. Caine was still alive when he was engulfed in the light that presumably was responsible for his transportation. Seems to me that the power of faith is what kept him alive.

It's because of this particular ep that I signed up to Gateworld again and it also feels nice to have some thinkers sci-fi to stretch the imagination again.

Excellent work indeed.

Comment

This really needs to go in the episode discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thefluxmachine View Post
          Kaeb, I wholeheartedly agree with your comments.

The resurrection element was comparable to the end of A.I when the evolved A.I (the grey alien looking entities) claimed to have the ability to bring people back through cloning for a limited time. There were also elements of the Matrix in the "...your mind makes it real" sense. Everything felt right in this episode though I'll admit to skipping through the Chloe scenes.

It's good to know that even in the fictional universe of SGU, where anything is possible through technology, that, the power of the resurrection of the soul is still a reserve of God. Or we shall see. Caine was still alive when he was engulfed in the light that presumably was responsible for his transportation. Seems to me that the power of faith is what kept him alive.

It's because of this particular ep that I signed up to Gateworld again and it also feels nice to have some thinkers sci-fi to stretch the imagination again.

Excellent work indeed.
          I'm glad you agree Flux. And yeah hedwig you're probably right about that, my apoligies

Oddly enough, I don't hate Chloe anymore....I just don't care, but Greer came across so emotionaly and intensely in that scene that I couldn't look away.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Working...
          X