TJ...another episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ...another episode

When the series started, TJ seemed very strong and in charge...even to the point of challenging Greer...Recently, (last 4 episodes) she has seemed very unstable and, always questioning herself, her abilities. Is all of this a result of her losing the baby? That turn seemed to of happened "before" she actually lost the baby.

Discuss!

Well, I hope you know what hormones can do to a person, she was pregnant and her being 'unstable' could be from being pregnant and this is also the reason she was like this before losing her baby

Comment

you mean aside from the very fact that she lost her baby, had a dream that felt real, in which she held her baby, got a sign that it was real, and subsequently was pretty much laughed at by Young and then had no sign of her baby on the shuttle or any sign that her experience had been real.

Life has not been nice to her lately.

Comment

Originally posted by kamae View Post
        When the series started, TJ seemed very strong and in charge...even to the point of challenging Greer...Recently, (last 4 episodes) she has seemed very unstable and, always questioning herself, her abilities. Is all of this a result of her losing the baby? That turn seemed to of happened "before" she actually lost the baby.

Discuss!
        Well, there was that scene in the infirmary where she put Simeon in his place and nearly broke his wrist. I want more scenes like that.

Comment

Caine told her in this episode to live to the fullest and finish this mission... I think she will be 'stable' again.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            you mean aside from the very fact that she lost her baby, had a dream that felt real, in which she held her baby, got a sign that it was real, and subsequently was pretty much laughed at by Young and then had no sign of her baby on the shuttle or any sign that her experience had been real.

Life has not been nice to her lately.
            I think it is her Burden as the sole main medical provider. I think she takes it very much to heart. I want her strong again, I dont want the stereotypical...emotional woman that reacts on passion. SHE is a LT in the airforce. I just feel, I don't like the direction they are going with her.

Comment

I think it is her Burden as the sole main medical provider. I think she takes it very much to heart. I want her strong again, I dont want the stereotypical...emotional woman that reacts on passion. SHE is a LT in the airforce. I just feel, I don't like the direction they are going with her.
              Please read my previous post, plus a person that doenst have emotion is impossible. Caine told her all she needed to hear from some1 who considered himself already dead. That was the point of their convo

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                Please read my previous post, plus a person that doenst have emotion is impossible. Caine told her all she needed to hear from some1 who considered himself already dead. That was the point of their convo
                I am just saying, I feel as though there has been a dramatic change in her personality since this new season. Prior to, I saw her more as Carter(ish)...to be honest, what do you see her role as now on this voyage, if now there is closure to her baby experience...as you say. Whats next... We can rationalize what is going on, or try to. But the bottom line is, I feel her core personality has changed...at least to the extent where i perceive her differently, perhaps thats intended.
                Last edited by kamae; 24 November 2010, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Well, there was that scene in the infirmary where she put Simeon in his place and nearly broke his wrist. I want more scenes like that.
                  I do too

Comment

Discuss!
                    A woman can still be strong and capable and have moments where she doubts herself. I don't see her questioning her abilities - in a medic/military way - she knows what her capabilities are there. In personal matters, none of us is that solid and if we say we are? We're probably lying
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      A woman can still be strong and capable and have moments where she doubts herself. I don't see her questioning her abilities - in a medic/military way - she knows what her capabilities are there. In personal matters, none of us is that solid and if we say we are? We're probably lying
                      She is always questioning herself now, in this episode Young says you did well, and she says no she didnt...something similar in the last and the one before. I have a strong feeling something will come of all of this, like she will not be able to save someone and she will go off the handle....

Of course I also predicted the Greer Park Romance.
                      Last edited by kamae; 24 November 2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

This is just a stupid plot point. It's not like she is Voyager's Doctor (programmed with 3 million medical techniques) and thus able to care for the medical needs of everyone on-board alone, she is a MEDIC! She could not treat these people for everyday afflictions (i.e. high-blood pressure, diabetes, angina, etc), especially given the limited resources available. It would be much more realistic if one of the communication stones was devoted to medical use and they brought in a physician full-time who is trained in plant pharmacology and improvisational medicine. (swap out one of the useless civilians, I am sure they wouldn't mind being home 24/7)

I love how TJ was like "I am going to take a shot at an autopsy" - I screamed WHY?!?! They could bring in a pathologist easily, why have a novice poking around in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                          This is just a stupid plot point. It's not like she is Voyager's Doctor (programmed with 3 million medical techniques) and thus able to care for the medical needs of everyone on-board alone, she is a MEDIC! She could not treat these people for everyday afflictions (i.e. high-blood pressure, diabetes, angina, etc), especially given the limited resources available. It would be much more realistic if one of the communication stones was devoted to medical use and they brought in a physician full-time who is trained in plant pharmacology and improvisational medicine. (swap out one of the useless civilians, I am sure they wouldn't mind being home 24/7)

I love how TJ was like "I am going to take a shot at an autopsy" - I screamed WHY?!?! They could bring in a pathologist easily, why have a novice poking around in there?

I have always wondered that as well. I guess you need a spur of the moment doc; for the mean time I will continue to enjoy the watery eyed, sniveling, self deprecating, stereotypical female role...of TJ. One of the Main reasons I enjoyed SG1 was because Carter...broke that mold. But then again the cast was smaller

Comment

You want the only medically trained person on board - who happens to be a woman who has lost her baby without ever holding her - to not be emotional?! Really? As a man who currently has a wife who's 8 months pregnant I have to say that you have some REALLY high hopes. My wife isn't a medic on a ship so far beyond the range of our telescopes that it might as well be gone for eternity, and she has to deal with being emotional about whether or not to get Spongebob plates for our 2 year-old's birthday. How the hell is TJ supposed to act? ANYBODY would be emotional after losing a child without being able to hold them. You gotta expect it of a woman especially after all the changes her body went through.
                            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                              You want the only medically trained person on board - who happens to be a woman who has lost her baby without ever holding her - to not be emotional?! Really? As a man who currently has a wife who's 8 months pregnant I have to say that you have some REALLY high hopes. My wife isn't a medic on a ship so far beyond the range of our telescopes that it might as well be gone for eternity, and she has to deal with being emotional about whether or not to get Spongebob plates for our 2 year-old's birthday. How the hell is TJ supposed to act? ANYBODY would be emotional after losing a child without being able to hold them. You gotta expect it of a woman especially after all the changes her body went through.
                              I think something is going to happen, my prediction...TJ will be crying in the next episode... ;-)
                              Last edited by kamae; 24 November 2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X