Comic adaptations you'd like to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic adaptations you'd like to see

We seem to have had a whole pile of comic-related threads lately, a lot of them negative. So I thought, hey let's have a positive one where we can all nerd out with "wouldn't it be cool if...." thoughts Plus I know there's a few people here who know waaaaay more about comics than I do so I'd be interested in hearing ideas I don't know about.

Adaptations I'd like to see:

Batman Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    Essentially this is a story about the lunatics taking over the asylum, and Batman having to liberate it from them. Stylistically the story is told like a dream, with lots of disturbing and nightmarish imagery. As Bats moves through the various parts of the asylum, it starts to feel like he's losing his mind.

Batman The Killing Joke
    The Joker breaks into the Gordon home, cripples and abuses Barbara, and takes the Commissioner hostage. He then does his very best to drive Jim mad by showing him pictures of his bleeding and crippled daughter being abused, while Batman races against time to rescue him.
    This would absolutely be more of a psychological thriller than an action movie, so it's probably a bit too out-of-step for average moviegoing audiences. But I'd still love to see it.

Marvel Civil War
    A grand, huge story that would probably be difficult to tell in a single film but I'd still like to see it. The US government enacts the Superhero Registration Act, and it divides all the superhumans (hero and villain alike) into 'support' and 'oppose' camps. Enemies become allies and allies become enemies in possibly the most significant conflict of the Marvel universe.

X-Men Days of Future Past
    More specifically in the vein of the 90s cartoon rather than the original comic version.... Bishop travels back in time from a ruined, Sentinel-dominated future to stop a traitorous X-Man from assassinating Senator Kelly and destroying all hope of a peaceful future. In his time, Sentinels openly patrol the streets of ruined cities hunting mutants, who are housed in internment camps.

Bishop succeeds in preventing the assassination, but upon returning to his own time, still finds it in ashes--this time as the result of a plague created by Apocalypse. When he returns to the past to stop the plague, we see an even further distant future where Apocalypse rules virtually the entire (destroyed) world. When 'time storms' start wiping out his mutant allies, rebel Cable is forced to travel to the present to stop Bishop--and help his enemy Apocalypse in the process.

It was done so so well in the 90s cartoon, I'd just love to see someone tackle it with a big budget. Plus I'm really tired of origins stories and just not as jazzed about projects like First Class or The Wolverine as I would've been a few years ago.

X-Men Beyond Good and Evil
    A sequel of sorts to the Days of Future Past storyline. In that distant future, Apocalypse steals Cable's time machine but accidentally travels to the Axis of Time. From there, he has access to the whole of creation. He recruits Mr. Sinister to abduct the most powerful mutants from all of history, whom he will use to destroy and rewrite all of time to his own specifications. The traditional good guys and bad guys of the X-Men universe (vis a vis Xavier's X-Men and Magneto's Brotherhood) must come together to defeat Apocalypse forever.

Yours?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

The Keith Giffin Superman/LOBO movie idea.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

The X-man/Nate Grey story as a movie.

The Joseph/Magento plotline thing.

Or the Gambit Trial...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Ultimate X-Men
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          X-Men Days of Future Past
          Wow. They did all that... stuff... in the cartoon? Geez. And I thought the comics were convoluted. I think the original was a simple story about trying to save the world in both in the past and in the future. Kitty succeeds in the past and the future never happens. Kitty fails in the past and they still have to try and save the world one last time. Worked great for me in its simplicity.

I can't think of any adaptations I'd like right now [way too early in the morning], but I just hope the calibre of comic movies improves to where it's all more like Iron Man and The Dark Knight, and less like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3.

EDIT: X-Men - The Mutant Massacre
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Wow. They did all that... stuff... in the cartoon? Geez. And I thought the comics were convoluted. I think the original was a simple story about trying to save the world in both in the past and in the future. Kitty succeeds in the past and the future never happens. Kitty fails in the past and they still have to try and save the world one last time. Worked great for me in its simplicity.
            Well, it plays out a lot better across 4 episodes than it does in my trying to condense it down to half a dozen sentences

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            I can't think of any adaptations I'd like right now [way too early in the morning], but I just hope the calibre of comic movies improves to where it's all more like Iron Man and The Dark Knight, and less like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

A lot of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl arcs are really good. They should have Summer Glau play Cassandra Cain.

They should also do Apokalips Now and Legacy from the Superman Animated series.

Comment

The Death of Superman! It would have to be one of the biggest budgeted movies of all time, but it would be spectacular!

The Return of Superman! It would have to be one of the biggest budgeted movies of all time, but it would be spectacular!
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Empires-1.../dp/1593070152

This as a mini-series or a movie. Same goes for the second book, Sheva's War.
                  Sure it shares similarities w/ Warhammer 40k (in looks and some elements) or the Fading Suns setting (closer to this one, methinks), but at least it's not as 'over the top' as the former (being 'over the top' works for WH40k, tho' ).
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a list of comic adaptations I'd like to see:

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        This post wins the internet.

--

I have to say, should Raimi have continued directing the Spiderman movies, I would have liked to see the Man Spider saga.

sigpic

Comment

The Doom Patrol
                          sigpic
                          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Batman Arkham Asylum would be an awesome movie
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 03 January 2012, 12:08 PM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              This post wins the internet.

--

I have to say, should Raimi have continued directing the Spiderman movies, I would have liked to see the Man Spider saga.
                              That would have been interesting
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X