PDA

View Full Version : The shuttle....

KlaxxonBlue
November 24th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I just have to make a comment here. The shuttle looks really nice on the inside. Gold and navy trimming on everything. It makes me wonder what Destiny would look like inside (and out) if it were brand new.

Right now, the ship looks like it has seen it's better days, but I bet it was beautiful when the Ancients launched it.

thekillman
November 24th, 2010, 09:05 AM
i loved the look of the shuttle. when i saw it alongside destiny i was like "that's pretty shiny" and when it docked, i thought, "wow it's brand new!"

but yea, i love the Aurora-ish tones, and the gold and stuff.

General Jumper One
November 24th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I want to see what Atlantis would look like if it was as old and beat up as Destiny

kirmit
November 24th, 2010, 10:28 AM
The only problem I have with seeing the shuttle like this is that I really want to see destiny brand new now, I bet she was a beauty of a ship.

James71
November 24th, 2010, 11:02 AM
The only problem I have with seeing the shuttle like this is that I really want to see destiny brand new now, I bet she was a beauty of a ship.

Now that they have the repair robot, it appears that the ship is gradually becoming more and more functional.
I guess the repair rebot also knows where the spare parts are stored.

kirmit
November 24th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Now that they have the repair robot, it appears that the ship is gradually becoming more and more functional.
I guess the repair rebot also knows where the spare parts are stored.

Although having destiny fully functional would be great I'm really on about seeing it with the paint still drying, having it clean and bright, though I still love the aged look it has now.

blueray
November 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I want to see what Atlantis would look like if it was as old and beat up as Destiny

yeah, it would be interesting.

i liked seeing the inside of the shuttle, i wonder why the aliens fixed it up, just to send the people back to destiny. unless they wanted destiny to have a working shuttle for some reason.

Egle01
November 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
The only problem I have with seeing the shuttle like this is that I really want to see destiny brand new now, I bet she was a beauty of a ship.I really hadn't thought of that before, but yeah, after seeing how beautiful the shuttle looked, it got me wondering what did brand-new Destiny look like.

thekillman
November 24th, 2010, 12:13 PM
i liked seeing the inside of the shuttle, i wonder why the aliens fixed it up, just to send the people back to destiny. unless they wanted destiny to have a working shuttle for some reason.

because they didn't fix it. nor did they transport anything. they popped it right into existence. and if you're popping stuff into existence, why not make it brand new?

xxxevilgrinxxx
November 24th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I want to see what Atlantis would look like if it was as old and beat up as DestinyThis.

The only problem I have with seeing the shuttle like this is that I really want to see destiny brand new now, I bet she was a beauty of a ship.She still is :)

pipi
November 24th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Would have been sexier if it had chrome rims. Chrome anything? Maybe a chrome bumper, that'd be awesome.

LunaSolTierra
November 24th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Maybe in future episode we might get the chance to see Destiny when it was launched. I bet she looked beautiful.

ancientaction
November 25th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I hope they do an episode like they did in season 7 of SG1, when they introduced Atlantis, showing a little bit of the City ship when it was still in complete working order.

Maybe somebody finding a recording or something the Ancient's left behind of its launch.
knowing the premise of SGU, i doubt we'll see Destiny itself in that kind of working order, but, knowing SyFy/MGM/TPTB, we'll just see a scene from its launch day.
I kinda want to see it...

vszulc
November 25th, 2010, 07:22 AM
The whole idea is ridiculous... To be able to do that kinda stuff, takes almost godlike powers.

(At least when Goauld or ascended ancients pulled things like that, human bodies or familiar technology was within their frame of referece. These aliens are millions of years, AND lightyears away, and would have no idea what our bodies or machinery works)

Humans are like ants compared to them. And if you happened to cross an anthill on the way to work, would you go through the time and trouble to make whatever little ant-thing they'd need down there?

dgh64
November 25th, 2010, 07:39 AM

In The Last Man Shepherd got transported to Atlantis thousands of years into the future. The city looks pretty much the same, except lit in yellow-orange.

vszulc
November 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM
40.000 years. And that's not a whole lot more than how long it was abandoned before the expedition arrived. If ancients build stuff to last for hundreds of thousandsof years, or millions even, you can't really expect a lot to change in 50.000 years.

vszulc
November 25th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Aw man! The memories! The Last Man was one of my favorite episodes. Mostly because of McKay's sacrifice and love for his friend(s), and because the idea of what the earth will look like in 42.000 AD and what the heck has happened the last 40.000 years was so fascinating.

Too bad they didn't do anything further with it...

JoseP927
November 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Since the crew of that shuttle eventually died from their original causes, wouldn't the shuttle eventually fall apart again?

morbosfist
November 25th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Since the crew of that shuttle eventually died from their original causes, wouldn't the shuttle eventually fall apart again?Technology is not the same as life. They could fix the ship. Life is harder.

Ekras
November 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
yeah, it would be interesting.

Final Season...forgot the ep name.... Sheppard goes like 75,000 years into the future and finds atlantis in similar shape.

PG15
November 25th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Oh yes, that shuttle interior was just plain sexy. I especially loved how it looked in the Rush vs. Caine scene, with the cockpit all lit up and silvery and stuff.

The whole idea is ridiculous... To be able to do that kinda stuff, takes almost godlike powers.

(At least when Goauld or ascended ancients pulled things like that, human bodies or familiar technology was within their frame of referece. These aliens are millions of years, AND lightyears away, and would have no idea what our bodies or machinery works)

Except they've had months to study Caine et. al and the shuttle.

Humans are like ants compared to them. And if you happened to cross an anthill on the way to work, would you go through the time and trouble to make whatever little ant-thing they'd need down there?

How is that relevant when an alien consciouness has no reason to be in any way similar to mine?

Pharaoh Atem
November 25th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I just have to make a comment here. The shuttle looks really nice on the inside. Gold and navy trimming on everything. It makes me wonder what Destiny would look like inside (and out) if it were brand new.

Right now, the ship looks like it has seen it's better days, but I bet it was beautiful when the Ancients launched it.

i think the outside of destiny would look the same

pipi
November 26th, 2010, 01:49 AM
If these aliens used time manipulation on the shuttle to restore it back to its former glory, then that Kino recording should have been erased. I'd say that could be a plot hole.

Ed
November 26th, 2010, 06:16 AM
it would be neat if we got an episode that explores destiny getting built and launched we cold see the ship brand new in flashbacks.

thekillman
November 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM
If these aliens used time manipulation on the shuttle to restore it back to its former glory, then that Kino recording should have been erased. I'd say that could be a plot hole.

they just fabricated a whole new one. just as they created new bodies and a new Kino

Ekras
November 28th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Anyone gots a picture of the new shuttle?

Gollumpus
November 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Anyone gots a picture of the new shuttle?

http://static1.travelandleisure.com/images/amexpub/0010/8225/201002-w-taxi-manila.jpg

The image files for the episode should be out in a day or so... :P

regards,
G.

General Jumper One
November 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM
http://static1.travelandleisure.com/images/amexpub/0010/8225/201002-w-taxi-manila.jpg

The image files for the episode should be out in a day or so... :P

regards,
G.

except that the last episode they released screen caps for was Cloverdale, which makes me VERY angry