Easily Impressed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Impressed?

I don't know why the crew was so amazed by the power of the aliens.

We don't know for sure that the planet and sun were created, yea they weren't there before when the seeder ship came through, but perhaps they were moved. We have seen Sam create a hyperspace window with a cargo ship large enough to move a massive asteroid, maybe their planet was dangerously close to a potential supernova and they opened a massive hyperspace window and moved the star and the planet. Yes it would take a lot of power and advanced technology but it could be done. All stars and planets are moving with the expansion of the Universe, so you wouldn't even have to push the star into the window, you would just need to open the window in front of it and allow it to enter. If necessary, I am sure the Ancients could have figured it out.

Restoring the shuttle could have been done with a technology similar to the Asgard beams. Scan the original and fabricate a new one. The Asgard themselves could have easily done it. Moving the shuttle to the Destiny would have been hard, but we have seen "wormhole drive" before, so all they would need is a machine that opens an external wormhole window to allow them to move the shuttle (as opposed to needing the drive on the shuttle itself i.e. Atlantis) Finding Destiny isn't outside the realm of possibility since it is only in the next galaxy and we have seen that Atlantis' normal sensors are able to scan the entire Pegasus galaxy so it is a slight stretch to increase scanning range to an adjacent galaxy.

Finally, the aliens did a really crappy job restoring the dead crew members. The Goa'uld could have done a better job. We have seen this technology before, many many times, in the sarcophagus. At least if the crew had been revived in a sarcophagus they would have continued living. Yes it eventually steals your "soul" but we have seen Jack and Daniel go through it dozens of times and they are alright now. This in itself seems to make these aliens seem like screw-ups.

It doesn't really make sense that the crew is bowing down to these aliens as all but "gods" given what we have seen. I think Eli is correct about their technology being advanced, but not "magic" since everything they have done could be repeated by the races we know.

btw - In other threads people have said they don't think Ascended beings could do what these aliens have done, but the thing is, we have never really seen what a group of Ascended working together could do. Every good Ascended we have seen has had to tiptoe around avoiding the wrath of the "others" - but we have never really seen those "others" put their power to full use. Ascending seems to give you almost infinite knowledge so it possible that these devices could be constructed. Someone said that Merlin "had" to become mortal again to combat the Ori, but it is entirely possible that he could have used his Ascended powers to construct the anti-Ori weapon... the reason he descended was so he could do it behind the others back and not have them stop him.

All in all, I think the crew is being just a little too easily impressed.
    Last edited by Descended; 24 November 2010, 05:54 AM. Reason: typo

But has any of the crew actually seen these things done by other races? Also, I don't remember the crew being extremely impressed. They were scared.

Comment

I wouldn't say easy has anything to do with it. It's hard not to be impressed by this.
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I do agree that the general consensus that "a super alien race" created the planet, came too quickly. We really never knew anything. But I feel that thats where SGU has led, and there IS a super powerful race. I just don't buy the evidence for it. The first time it was brought up, it was all theories...and then all of a sudden its cannon. I just didn't get it.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

well rush doesnt think they are THAT advanced... think he said: thats an understatment of the year, when eli said that building a planet was the most awesome thing ever or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post

We don't know for sure that the planet and sun were created, yea they weren't there before when the seeder ship came through, but perhaps they were moved. We have seen Sam create a hyperspace window with a cargo ship large enough to move a massive asteroid, maybe their planet was dangerously close to a potential supernova and they opened a massive hyperspace window and moved the star and the planet. Yes it would take a lot of power and advanced technology but it could be done. All stars and planets are moving with the expansion of the Universe, so you wouldn't even have to push the star into the window, you would just need to open the window in front of it and allow it to enter. If necessary, I am sure the Ancients could have figured it out.

Restoring the shuttle could have been done with a technology similar to the Asgard beams. Scan the original and fabricate a new one. The Asgard themselves could have easily done it. Moving the shuttle to the Destiny would have been hard, but we have seen "wormhole drive" before, so all they would need is a machine that opens an external wormhole window to allow them to move the shuttle (as opposed to needing the drive on the shuttle itself i.e. Atlantis) Finding Destiny isn't outside the realm of possibility since it is only in the next galaxy and we have seen that Atlantis' normal sensors are able to scan the entire Pegasus galaxy so it is a slight stretch to increase scanning range to an adjacent galaxy.

Finally, the aliens did a really crappy job restoring the dead crew members. The Goa'uld could have done a better job. We have seen this technology before, many many times, in the sarcophagus. At least if the crew had been revived in a sarcophagus they would have continued living. Yes it eventually steals your "soul" but we have seen Jack and Daniel go through it dozens of times and they are alright now. This in itself seems to make these aliens seem like screw-ups.

It doesn't really make sense that the crew is bowing down to these aliens as all but "gods" given what we have seen. I think Eli is correct about their technology being advanced, but not "magic" since everything they have done could be repeated by the races we know.

btw - In other threads people have said they don't think Ascended beings could do what these aliens have done, but the thing is, we have never really seen what a group of Ascended working together could do. Every good Ascended we have seen has had to tiptoe around avoiding the wrath of the "others" - but we have never really seen those "others" put their power to full use. Ascending seems to give you almost infinite knowledge so it possible that these devices could be constructed. Someone said that Merlin "had" to become mortal again to combat the Ori, but it is entirely possible that he could have used his Ascended powers to construct the anti-Ori weapon... the reason he descended was so he could do it behind the others back and not have them stop him.

Your kidding right? Having enough energy to move a planet and sun is just as impressive as creating one. Thats a whole lot impressive to have that much energy
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Dr. Caine suddenly know how to fly the shuttle. If that the case, they should able to escape the winter by flying to a tropic jungle and stay warm for the whole year.

Comment

he was being guided by scott, who basically told him which buttons to push.

while it might be technologically possible for races like the Asgard to do this sort of stuff.....
                it's logistically very difficult. hyperspacing a few million asteroids together to form a planet, using a TDF to speed up it's evolution, and using supergates to suck sufficient hydrogen gas to the right place and igniting it...

it's hard to do. it takes a lot of time, etc, and the Planetbuilders appear to do this sort of stuff in a matter of moments. also the Shuttle had no wormholedrive whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                  Dr. Caine suddenly know how to fly the shuttle. If that the case, they should able to escape the winter by flying to a tropic jungle and stay warm for the whole year.
                  I believe Caine mentioned something "vital" breaking down in the shuttle and no one knew how to fix it; so they couldn't travel to the warmer side of the planet.

Comment

The alien seem has a beaming technology to sent the whole shuttle thousand light years away.

Comment

actually the shuttle was never transported. it was created out of thin air, with newly created people onboard.

Comment

Look, I've got a pretty cool theory. Rush said, that if found out what the mission is, we could alternate our destiny, we could manipulate with things around us. The only way how to create the whole solar system with planet or remove people and stuff light years away is AFAIK using the knowledge from this "background radiation code"...so now there are two possiblities; 1) Those aliens are the creators of the universe or 2) Those aliens resolved the mystery.

So I think this is a huge moment in the series. If we find out how to do it, we will be able to transport Destiny back to the Milky way...that is the mission

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

I don't think that would work because many of the people have been dead for months. I thought that the amount of time between dying and getting healed by a sarcophagus mattered.
                          My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Also, back in SG1, when Daniel and Lee(?) found that original Ancient healing device, it messed with the users mind. So because the sarcophagus is based on that, I don't think it would work.
                            My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post

That is quite impressive. Though I don't think the aliens meant to bring them back to life so they could live on like if nothing happened.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X