Poof! New Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poof! New Shuttle

So they got a brand new shuttle out of it....

just need to find one more

I was 1/2 expecting it to disappear or something
    67 point(s) total!!!!

maybe its going to disappear/break down down the line

Comment

It was the whole point of this episode to get a shuttle back on Destiny. They were too restricted without it, the writers said "We need a shuttle for the mid-season finale." and so they went and made one appear out of thin air, with a new coat of paint and all.

While I think it was cheesy the way they did it, I do think it was necessary and I'd rather have a shuttle than Asgard beaming technology or rings or suddenly finding more suits just in time to go board the new ship outside the window; and at least they turned it into an ok episode with some real drama. Do I think they'll keep it? Yes, with only 2 suits, it limits the show too much to not have it. Now we can send proper "away teams" again instead of sending Rush/Young/Scott/Greer in the 2 suits. You can't send a "red shirt" in a suit, since if he dies, then you probably lose the suit. This gives us a little more variety.
      Last edited by JeffKnight; 27 November 2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: typo correction

Comment

It did feel like the pushing of a reset button to me as well. That is pretty sloppy writing, if the writers needed a shuttle that badly, they shouldn't have trashed the two they had! I didn't hate the way they brought it back but it would have been better writing if it hadn't come back.
        In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

I do think it was a waste of an episode just to get a shuttle back, they could have easily done that by finding a shuttle on the seeder ship a few episodes back, and taking it to use on destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by ahdvd View Post
            I do think it was a waste of an episode just to get a shuttle back, they could have easily done that by finding a shuttle on the seeder ship a few episodes back, and taking it to use on destiny.
            Uh, this episode wasn't only about getting the shuttle back. And had we found shuttles on the seed ship, that would've been called lazy writing or whatever.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              ...that would've been called lazy writing or whatever.
              And so conveniently, a brand spanking new shuttle appears out of nowhere - what kind of writing do you think that was? I'll give you a clue, clever is not the word.

Comment

finding one on a seeded at least makes sense. It also leaves open the possibility of finding more on the other seeders.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  Uh, this episode wasn't only about getting the shuttle back. And had we found shuttles on the seed ship, that would've been called lazy writing or whatever.
                  It's a lot more convenient an shuttle appearing out of no where than on an space ship similar to destiny witch was constructed by the same civilization? Witch by the way would be a lot more logical and expected?

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  finding one on a seeded at least makes sense. It also leaves open the possibility of finding more on the other seeders.
                  EDIT: Ed beat me to it.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I guess learning something about the mysterious aliens has nothing to do with it?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      I guess learning something about the mysterious aliens has nothing to do with it?
                      Apparently not.
                      sigpic

Comment

it was a gift from the aliens; like a "sorry, your people died. you can have them back for a little bit, they won't last that long though; but hey we fixed your shuttle good as new" I liked this episode a lot btw, but I get what people are saying about the shuttle, cuz I also found it a tad convienient.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think about this episode "Visitation" as the "...of Plymouth Plantation" of SGU. What happened on Eden reminded me of the early settlements of Plymouth Plantation and Jamestown. None of the people that stayed on Eden were "useful craftsmen" as Captain John Smith would say. The time spent on Eden wasn't on gathering food and planting because the SGU people had little idea what to gather, what the seasons would be like, or what natives lived on Eden. What happened to them was what happened to so many early colonists to the new world. They died of diseases, starvation, at the hands of the "natives", or exposure. I think this episode was to wrap up a loose thread, what happened to those we left behind. I don't think the shuttle will disintegrate because its non-organic, but the people did because the aliens could not return a complete life process to them. Since the colonists were dead by the time the alien force reached them, the life processes in them had ceased and therefore they would die because their bodies were unable to continue cellular reproduction. They died because their bodies gave out on them.

Comment

Good analogy! I love it when people make good connections like these
                            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I was fully expecting the shuttle to desintigrate of old age

I do not mind at all the writers brought back a shuttle that way, although was a bit puzzled that it was brand new and sparkly clean instead of still a million years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X