Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, uh... Eli... trends and theories (Chloe won't die).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, uh... Eli... trends and theories (Chloe won't die).

Well, he was talking to a cute Science type... then she died.

Last episode, he started dating the cute Mathy-type... she died.

Cloa is still alive... she doesn't like Eli that way and is not the Sciency-Mathy type.
    She is safe. Well, unless she starts liking Eli or becomes too good at Physics.

It is kinda strange...what I can't pinpoint what will actually happen with Chloe. Will they really shoot her? Or "new she" will find a way to prove that she is not a threat? Or in last minute she will be saved?

At least this story is quite interesting. Her scenes with Eli and Scott are now more about friendship and caring about each other, not crush and obsessions.

Comment

They can't kill her off. There is too much potential with what will come later, in regards to Chloe. If she's gone, the writers drain a massive pool of storytelling.
      sigpic
      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I agree she will not die, she will transform into a new creature or hybrid an she will somehow prove herself to the crew that she no threat.

The stories an direction they can take with her almost make certain that she is safe.
        An they have probably rescued one of the most hated characters in stargate history.

Comment

Eli as a dangerous guy for girls He's a panda bear.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I agree she will not die, she will transform into a new creature or hybrid an she will somehow prove herself to the crew that she no threat.

The stories an direction they can take with her almost make certain that she is safe.
            An they have probably rescued one of the most hated characters in stargate history.
            I don't hate her and don't get why some many people hate her, she has done nothing wrong

Comment

Eli is becoming the new Sam... only this time a male black widow. Seems like every chick he takes an interest in dies or transforms into a blue alien... I think he needs to see if he can get World of Warcraft running on the Destiny's computer and go back to his "nerd" celibacy or all the females on the ship are doomed.

Comment

You know, I think it's a bit too early to say that Eli is the male Sam Carter in terms of relationships. One doesn't make a trend, and since he and Chloe were never really a couple, she doesn't count..

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                  You know, I think it's a bit too early to say that Eli is the male Sam Carter in terms of relationships. One doesn't make a trend, and since he and Chloe were never really a couple, she doesn't count..
                  It's two, not counting Chloe. And He's really smart like Sam.....I don't know. I think he is the male Sam Carter
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Have you ever seen Star Trek: Voyager?

This is almost the exact same story as what happened to Kes. She started off as a cute, non-sciencey, civilian type. She slowly started to discover "powers", and then she died. And she was just as much of a main character as Chloe.

Judging by the way the writers are intent on being shocking and edgy, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her, at least for a while. Hell, they've already killed a bunch of people that nobody would have expected. Who would've thought TJs baby would be killed?

Just saying.
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      I don't hate her and don't get why some many people hate her, she has done nothing wrong
                      As long as you hold that viewpoint, and avoiding trying to really understand other people's, then no, you won't ever "get it." But I know you're smarter than this, because I and many others have explained why, time and again, what the problem is.

I don't hate her, per se, just the direction her character has taken, and the lack of development. Why? Because I tend to dislike characters that don't grow into better people, that never confront their flaws and learn from them. People whose defining traits lay in who associates with them, and not from anything they do themselves. That never step up to the plate. Characters that just exist, and occasionally are forced to become part of the plot, as if the plot is an usher trying to push the character ahead so they don't hold up the line.

Chloe is that. In 1.5 years, she's shown very little growth, and hasn't done much on her own to really help other people, or contribute to life aboard the ship. Instead, she gets to avoid things that other people have to do, she got to where she is because of who she knows, and is in an unrealistic relationship. And her point of being on the show is largely fanservice, which detracts heavily from the plot. Any development she gets is based purely off other people, and nothing she does for herself.

I've respected her exactly once: when she stood up to Wray in Justice, but nothing came of that. I dearly wished to see more of that; her standing up for someone, and for morals and principles, that do not concern her boyfriend. I really dislike this "alien" arc of hers, because it's not so much what she's doing, but once again, what happens to her and and thus she doesn't have a choice. I DO however, have some respect for her for not whining about it, but accepting it and actually making the choice to use it (although it took goading from Rush to make that happen).

To stay more on topic, no, I don't think she'll die. That would take balls the writers don't have, to simply remove the largest source of fanservice. She'll survive this, not through anything she does, but because of what other people do to her, or random chance or luck. And she'll probably end up being Super-Chloe for quite some time, while the writers try to "inform" us that she's still somehow dangerous.

Lat note: I find extremely telling that Eli is the hardest one to say goodbye to. Your significant other is so named, because they should be the most significant person in your life. They should be your best friend as well as lover. If Eli is the best friend, then all Scott is, is a lover. Which means their relationship is only based on sex, which has continued simply because there aren't many other choices for either. Both Chloe and Scott are mistaking lust for love. What Chloe feels for Eli is really love, and is what she should be seeking.

However, this whole relationship is so poorly handled, that I have to wonder if the writers have any clue as to how to write a real relationship. They didn't really handle relationships in SG-1 or SGA, so this is new ground for them. As such, I don't really blame them, but their best bet at this point is to count it as a failure, end the relationship, and move on. Focus on what they do best, and drop what they don't do well.

Comment

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
                        They can't kill her off. There is too much potential with what will come later, in regards to Chloe. If she's gone, the writers drain a massive pool of storytelling.
                        They will also drain a massive pool of bad acting and lifeless character. I call that a good trade.
                        Boobies!

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                          Eli is becoming the new Sam... only this time a male black widow. Seems like every chick he takes an interest in dies or transforms into a blue alien... I think he needs to see if he can get World of Warcraft running on the Destiny's computer and go back to his "nerd" celibacy or all the females on the ship are doomed.
                          lol that is true. sam didn't really have a great track record either (with o'neill as the exception who she couldn't have).

i think for story reasons they need to either save chloe or have her not be a threat. because killing her in the end would make the whole storyline pointless.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                            Have you ever seen Star Trek: Voyager?

This is almost the exact same story as what happened to Kes. She started off as a cute, non-sciencey, civilian type. She slowly started to discover "powers", and then she died. And she was just as much of a main character as Chloe.

Judging by the way the writers are intent on being shocking and edgy, I wouldn't be surprised if they kill her, at least for a while. Hell, they've already killed a bunch of people that nobody would have expected. Who would've thought TJs baby would be killed?

Just saying.
                            Kes didn't die, she evolved into a higher form of life (gosh, where have we heard that before?) and used her new powers to save the ship from the Borg before going off on her own. In a later season, she came back seeking revenge (I never understood for what) and tried to hand Voyager over to some pretty gruesome aliens. But getting back to Stargate Universe... I get your point. Riley is another example. Although he is not a "main character", he is a character who almost died once and became popular with the fans. Having him die was a major shock. I was prepared for Ginn's death but I was hoping that the connection would be broken and that Amanda would return to her own body... I didn't think they would go so far as to kill them both. We are definitely getting far beyond the idea that you can't kill off anyone except the redshirts.

Oh yeah, I was also going to mention BAG, who has become something of a cult figure. But I think he will come back!

All that being said, I am among those who thinks that Chloe is not going to die. Well, the Chloe that we know may "die", by turning into a blue alien... but I'm hoping that the blue alien will still be at least part Chloe, and that should make for interesting developments...

ArchaeoNerd, who is also a big Voyager fan.

Comment

Eli had better stay far far away from Park. Greer had better keep her safe from the curse!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X