• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Title : speculation after Animus, spoilers for that episode and beyond

The title is:

spoilers for animus
    Spoiler:

Journey To The Center Of The earth.

What does this have to do with Sanctuary?

I think that's what they trying to do, is do their take on the famous Jules Verne book. In a commercial I saw them rappelling over a large cliff that looked like they were climbing down the center of an extinct volcano.

And that volcano might be the one mentioned in the book as follows:
    Descend, bold traveler, into the crater of Snæfellsjökull, which the shadow of Scartaris touches (lit: tastes) before the Kalends of July, and you will attain the centre of the earth; which I have done. Arne Saknussemm

However, this is just pure speculation. Basically I think with the ancient city is just their take on the classic book.

After all, they have twisted Tesla, Jack The Ripper, and other famous people, why not do a take on Journey To The Center of the earth and make Jules Verne an abnormal?

They made that person a woman in Sanctuary after all.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 23 November 2010, 06:42 PM.

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    The title is:

spoilers for animus
    Spoiler:

Journey To The Center Of The earth.

What does this have to do with Sanctuary?

I think that's what they trying to do, is do their take on the famous Jules Verne book. In a commercial I saw them rappelling over a large cliff that looked like they were climbing down the center of an extinct volcano.

And that volcano might be the one mentioned in the book as follows:

However, this is just pure speculation. Basically I think with the ancient city is just their take on the classic book.

After all, they have twisted Tesla, Jack The Ripper, and other famous people, why not do a take on Journey To The Center of the earth and make Jules Verne an abnormal?

They made that person a woman in Sanctuary after all.
    The scene of them rappelling over a large cliff is from Trail of Blood.
    Spoilers for Trail of Blood
    Spoiler:
    They go down to save Tesla, he was underground looking for a Cabal facility where he thought the Source blood might have been kept (he was right!).

Spoilers for possible future eps
    Spoiler:

Sounds like the Holographic city exists undergroung. I think that's as close as the story gets.
    Jorney is more about existing life in the center of the earth, not an advanced city.
    They are using the Hollow Earth theory : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth around for a while.

Who (whom?) they they make a women?

Comment

Working...
    X