Would you take revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you take revenge?

If like Rush someone you cared about was hurt or killed would you take revenge?

I would consequences be damned they say revenge is a dish best served cold, in my case i would serve it piping hot when i get p****d i get p****d and i don't let anything get in my way. I'm like Ronon Dex times 100.

Would I fly off the handle and want to hunt after him? Sure I would.

Would I kill him? Not right away. Not like Rush did...........there are far worse things you can do to a man. I'd get all the information I could out of him and then make him beg to be killed and I still wouldn't. I'd make him feel true agony.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i don't know if i'll be able to plan on killing someone, even after what they did, but i definitely would want too. and if the opportunity was right in front of me, i would.
      sigpic

Comment

I would have done a stomach shot, then walked away. Very painful way to go. Take a few hours.

Comment

this thread has potential... goes to get his popcorn ready!

personally, I'm a big fan of killing people WITH the gate. I say stick his head through an open wormhole and close it up a'la Kowalski from Sg-1

Edit: OR, if you're a fan of making them suffer... do it repeatedly to different limbs first lol

Comment

I don't know. I don't think any of us can fully know what we would do until it happens
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Someone like Simeon? Definately.
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

Killing someone is not easy but I doubt he would have lived long with the injuries he had. Maybe Rush did him a favour .

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                  Killing someone is not easy but I doubt he would have lived long with the injuries he had. Maybe Rush did him a favour .
                  Yeah.. lets go with that!

Comment

I'm with Jel on this one. I don't think anyone would know how they'd react until they were put in that situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

yes i would
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Interesting question. My suggestion in another thread was to remove one of Simeon's arms and beat him to death with that. I think I read that in a book somewhere and thought it was probably one of the more gruseome ways to kill someone.

Anyway, I sometimes have what you would call extremely realistic dreams. To the point it takes me several minutes when I wake up to realise I was dreaming, and that 'this' is reality. Even by midday those days I'm still a little confused, remembering the dream as if it really happened. *

Sometimes this is amazingly good - especially flying dreams. But more often than not it is bad. Chase dreams leave me completely exhausted at the beginning of a day. Lost relative dreams leave me extremely sad at the beginning of a day - most often my dad who recently passed away, but in the dreams he's alive and well and we are having a great time together. Then when I realise it was a dream it's like I just found out he'd passed, which was horribly sad.

In any case, if how we react to certain situations in dreams is any indication of how we'd behave in the same situations in reality, then I get the impression I would be a vengeful person in the circumstances you explain. The one (and thankfully only) dream where I lost my wife, was in a car accident where a P plater (teen or early twenties driver who in my country, frequently kill themselves and others with reckless driving) ran a red light and T-boned the car I was in. Once I realised my wife had gone, I turned to the horrified kid who was driving and literally beat him to death with my fists, while hundreds of people looked on horrified. I kept hitting and hitting his head until it was just a sack of skull bones. The smell of the vomit from people watching was the last thing I remembered before my wife woke me up, and I was completely drenched in sweat and panicking for several minutes. I smelled that vomit for the rest of the day no matter where I was, and couldn't wipe the picture of my wife's lifeless face out of my mind for weeks.

Whoa ... that got a bit serious sorry. And I probably sound like a bit of a psycho. But FWIW I'm actually quite a peaceful & humourous person, and don't ever fight or start arguments or anything. But ... when I think rationally about that dream, and remember how I felt, I feel like that's precisely how I would react if she were taken from me in reality. I really, really hope I never have to find out.

* This is why I found 'Inception' to be so hauntingly interesting.

Comment

If I would have been in Rushs position, I would have taken the most unpleseant road for Simeon. First I would have tied him up very nicely and then start off with cutting off his fingers and toes one by one. Then maybe I would have still given him a rookie face lift before leaving him frying in the Sun.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Rush definatly started out wanting to kill him (he didn't know about the information at first), then was oscillating between dead or alive leaning most towards dead throughout most of the episode... but I suspect by the time he pulled the herd trampeling stunt he genuinly no longer had time to carry Simeon towards the gate by himself, perhaps it would not have mattered that much if he had the time but at least now his conscience is clearer.

I'd like to think that I would not have killed Simeon if I had the time to get him back to Destiny, but under the explicit expectation that he would be tortured as much as humanly possible (not to be mistaken with humanely ) and killed as soon as he proved no longer useful. All things equal when someone would do something like that to me I would rather have him suffer as much as possible, rather than as little as possible. I would also be telling him "hey it's not me, it's karma" all the time.
                            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

It is always easy to talk though on the 'net but in real life I doubt many people here would have the guts (or even the skills) necessary to kill someone. If you talk about someone as dangerous as Simeon, I wouldn't recommend going after him unless you are trained for tasks like this. I don't know if I would be reasonable enough to see this after losing a loved one, but I would like to think so.
                              In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Working...
                              X