PDA

View Full Version : Lifesign Detector?

daedalus91
November 23rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
So when they were searching for Simeon, would you not think that Destiny would have some sort of lifesign scanners that they could use on the Planets? Maybe pinpoint human signitures or at least life?
I know Destiny is older, but surley it must have some sort of capability? Surprised TPTB didn't at least write it in somewhere, for example Rush could say
"Lifesign detectors would be helpful".
Or something along those lines. I'm not being picky it just annoys me, however i loved this episode shows the crew beginning to properly work together as a dynamic.
Josh.

morbosfist
November 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
They're not orbiting the planet to scan it, and the remotes aren't detectors. It'd be nice, but then it'd be like Atlantis.

kirmit
November 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
If you mean when they were searching for him on the planet, well destiny was no where near the planet, the planet was just in gateable range, so even if it did have a lifesigns detector it would be useless.

daedalus91
November 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Well everyone just pissed on my bonfire!
Awkward. I need to rewatch this.
CLOSE THREAD PLEASE (:

blueray
November 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
destiny should have them, its kind of weird that it doesn't.

escyos
November 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
your all assuming that destiny has life sensing abilities, that technology may have come later on.

jelgate
November 23rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
your all assuming that destiny has life sensing abilities, that technology may have come later on.
Every we can detect life signs to a crude degree. I would imagine Destiny more advanced should have some form of life sign detection.

Smooth
November 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I assume they haven't located the life-sensing/scanning system yet. It's likely next to the Flux Capacitor, right behind the Magnets Control Panel.

hart37
November 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
I assuming the same reason there aren't any jumpers, they weren't invented yet. Let's not forget how old Destiny is suppose to be.

tomstone
November 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Destiny got to have some sort of LD. In the end how else does it Detect People to mess with? Young at least never sat in the Chair, so how did Destiny know who it has to torture? (and please dont say Rush)

hart37
November 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Destiny got to have some sort of LD. In the end how else does it Detect People to mess with? Young at least never sat in the Chair, so how did Destiny know who it has to torture? (and please dont say Rush)

Maybe the ship does, but that doesn't mean there are portable ones like that of Atlantis that they could take on away missions.

tomstone
November 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Maybe the ship does, but that doesn't mean there are portable ones like that of Atlantis that they could take on away missions.

The Remotes at least can detect other Remotes, so maybe there are functions we dont know about yet. Maybe not a LD per se, but at least detecting Kinos and their route would be very useful.

hart37
November 23rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
The Remotes at least can detect other Remotes, so maybe there are functions we dont know about yet. Maybe not a LD per se, but at least detecting Kinos and their route would be very useful.

True the team probably just haven't figured it out yet, repairing the ship and all ;)

xxxevilgrinxxx
November 24th, 2010, 05:55 AM
.... lifesign scanners....

:lol:
I know the answer was given pretty early on in this thread but the first thing that popped into my head was "This isn't Star Trek, man!"

Gollumpus
November 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
They do have a remote life sign detector on Destiny.

Young: Greer, go check if he still has a pulse.
Greer: Yessir!

regards,
G.

garhkal
November 26th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I thik those LSD's we saw in atlantis were a newer creation, perhaps made as a result OF the wraith.. Hence we won't see one on the Destiny.

lars
November 26th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Well.. even if they had said life sign detectors. How useful would they be with stampeding hordes of dinosaur-horseys ?

tomstone
November 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Well.. even if they had said life sign detectors. How useful would they be with stampeding hordes of dinosaur-horseys ?

You would get a warning at least before getting stomped by the stampede.