Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a whole season set in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a whole season set in the past?

Back when Helen first took the serum with the original group? It might be fun to see the lore and the retro costumes

Sounds interesting Might be a little expensive, but there's probably a wealth of stories waiting to be told
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Back when Helen first took the serum with the original group? It might be fun to see the lore and the retro costumes
      there's my helen magnus show, the early years!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Guh. I want this so much! A spin-off or a season that explores the five in more detail. My four favorite characters on the show are the members of the five that we have met, so I would be in heaven if they did something like this.

My only concern is that it might be hard to pull off correctly, and I'd rather have it left to the imagination than botched.
        Spoiler:
        Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
          Guh. I want this so much! A spin-off or a season that explores the five in more detail. My four favorite characters on the show are the members of the five that we have met, so I would be in heaven if they did something like this.

My only concern is that it might be hard to pull off correctly, and I'd rather have it left to the imagination than botched.
          Same here
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

A whole season? Just something like "A trip to the past"? Sounds interesting. I would like to see more history in Sanctuary. I love history, and I want to see more of history of The Five, Helen Magnus and the whole Sanctuary Network
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

From my point a season in the past would probably have everything it needs to be really good: The Five, more Helen/Nikola moments/arguments and enough potentially interesting events to fill many episodes, so why not
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
                From my point a season in the past would probably have everything it needs to be really good: The Five, more Helen/Nikola moments/arguments and enough potentially interesting events to fill many episodes, so why not
                I wouldn't mind a couple of episode arcs, but a whole season?? We'd be lacking some very awesome things that are half the reason I watch the show! Henry, Kate, Will and Bigfoot! (actually, some flashbacks with Bigfoot would be really cool. and if we wanted to flash to a few years ago when Ashley was alive that would ALSO be AWESOME!) I definately wouldn't mind more Peter Wingfield ^^

Actually, I wouldn't protest if they did this as long as they had the occasional episode back at the present with Henry, Kate, Will and Big Guy.

Anyone see "Gargoyles"? They had almost a season that was just following 4 characters on a world tour, but we did have 2 episodes to break up the tour where we saw the 4 gargoyles that were left in New York and what they were up to, which was really good considering how many fans adored those characters.

I don't think I could go a whole season without Henry tho

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                  Actually, I wouldn't protest if they did this as long as they had the occasional episode back at the present with Henry, Kate, Will and Big Guy.
                  You are right, I think I would miss the other characters I have grown to love. So not one season in the past, but some "memory arcs" or something like that. And it doesn't have to stop after one season with time in the past. It can go on for many more seasons
                  sigpic

Comment

Like Fringe Season Three alternates between two realities, I could see Sanctuary alternating with two different periods of time if both of them tied into one key arc.

Comment

No. An episode, sure. A season, no.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        there's my helen magnus show, the early years!
                        that would be awesome to watch!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid that, if they were to be too many episodes with flashback, we'd loose what makes those flashbacks special. They're something we look forward too because we don't know a lot of history on The Five. We want to see Watson again, and meet Griffin, and other people Helen might have known! But doing an whole season, or just too many episodes that follow each other, set in the past might ruin it.

I'd like to have a bit more flashbacks, that's for sure. We didn't have any in season 2, but IIRC, season 1 was perfect. We had like four of them throughout the season (SFA, Kush, The Five, Warriors). That's not too much, it's simply using the past of your characters, which they didn't do much in season 2.

IMHO, of course!
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                          X