PDA

View Full Version : Fringe is moving to Fridays

TheRandomOne
November 19th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Starting Jan 28th

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/11/19/fox-announces-2010-2011-midseason-schedule-561215/20101119fox02/#ixzz15mTyKrMJ

Pharaoh Atem
November 19th, 2010, 04:50 PM
:(

Lainier
November 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I always have a bad feeling when a show is moved... :S

Mike.
November 19th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Fox's Friday night death slot... We all know what happens next :(

Stormtrooper
November 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
As for the decision to bump Fringe to Fridays, "Fringe has a very particular, loyal audience," Reilly said. With the show picking up almost half of its viewership via DVR, he doesn't expect the sci-fi series to take a big ratings hit in moving to Fridays where it will be paired with solid reality performer Kitchen Nightmares. "If (Fringe) could stay near the current levels, we'll get a big trade-up on Friday and will solve our problem there."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/foxs-kevin-reilly-no-back-orders-for-running-wilde-good-guys

the fifth man
November 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Fridays? That sucks so bad.

Rosehawk
November 19th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Friday's work better for me, much better, as long as it's not on when Sanctuary is on. :)

hellrasinb
November 20th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Rants over but really friday why can't FOX just cancel the show an be done with it all ready.
I mean most have all ready forgotten its even on. I'll just wait for the dvd release's & pray that SCYFY in its infinite and often purplexing wisdom shall look down from the heavens & pick the show up.

MattSilver 3k
November 20th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

No wait, this is a good sign. Of the apocalypse. Three seasons is better than nothing, I suppose. :(

DigiFluid
November 20th, 2010, 03:07 AM
"Friday is" *facepalms* :p

At least I'll only have 3 seasons to catch up on once I finally start watching Fringe. So I guess that's something :(

Lainier
November 20th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Fox's Friday night death slot... We all know what happens next
That's what I was afraid of. I watch three sci-fi shows only: Caprica, Stargate Universe and Fringe*. Caprica is already cancelled, and the others are at risk of cancellation. Crap.

*Well, I also watch V but it doesn't count because second season hasn't started yet, and the show is far inferior to the others :P

Commander Zelix
November 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM
As for the decision to bump Fringe to Fridays, "Fringe has a very particular, loyal audience," Reilly said. With the show picking up almost half of its viewership via DVR, he doesn't expect the sci-fi series to take a big ratings hit in moving to Fridays where it will be paired with solid reality performer Kitchen Nightmares. "If (Fringe) could stay near the current levels, we'll get a big trade-up on Friday and will solve our problem there."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/foxs-kevin-reilly-no-back-orders-for-running-wilde-good-guys
It seems fair. Let's hope Fringe can hold up to its ratings. At least one other season would be a must since Fringe is really picking up story wise in season 3.

Angela V
November 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Frak, my eye is twitching. Remember when Fox moved Sarah Connor Chronicles to Fridays to pair up with Dollhouse? SCC did way better on Mondays. Fox and sci-fi on Fridays scares the crap out of me because it seems Fox moves sci-fi to Fridays to get rid of it.

For some reason the channel SyFy does well with sci-fi on Fridays. When they want to get rid of show just move it to Tuesdays. :P

Sp!der
November 21st, 2010, 12:47 AM
Everything will be fine, .... Please...it deserves at least one more season, but I thought the ratings were fine? why the hell do they move their schedule all the time? no wonder why they do not have steady ratings... frak them. the fans should be in control of their shows, no some business man in a suite who does not care about a show like fringe, sg:u or caprica.

jmoz
November 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
Why does Fox hate good tv?

Anyways, if someone could provide me a decent sig, I'd be willing to put a fringe sig and hope more people watch it, maybe you guys could also put the time it'll be on in your sig? And label the sigs as "Fringe" so people know what your sigs are from?

the fifth man
November 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Why does Fox hate good tv?

Anyways, if someone could provide me a decent sig, I'd be willing to put a fringe sig and hope more people watch it, maybe you guys could also put the time it'll be on in your sig? And label the sigs as "Fringe" so people know what your sigs are from?

Sadly, it isn't just FOX. TV in general is very scary as of late. Shows have a very hard time making it these days. All we can do is hope for the best in regards to Fringe.

badwolfSG
November 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I heard it was other going to be other Monday or Friday nights. Thursday night wasn't the best, it was competing with two other shows that have been on the air longer, which mean loyal fan to those show are more willing to watch them vs DRVing( word? yes?) them. I myself was hoping Fox would have put Fringe on Monday night but maybe will get lucky with Friday. We can only hope.

LtColCarter
November 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Fringe was doing better on Tuesday. Then the move to Thursday...and now Friday. :( I already watch Smallville, Supernatural, and Ghost Adventures on Friday. I don't know why they moved it from its original spot on Tuesdays when it was doing perfectly fine there.

Sp!der
November 22nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Fringe was doing better on Tuesday. Then the move to Thursday...and now Friday. :( I already watch Smallville, Supernatural, and Ghost Adventures on Friday. I don't know why they moved it from its original spot on Tuesdays when it was doing perfectly fine there.

one question about ghost adventures i know its off topic but... is it a real show or a documentary ... or only to make it look like documentary (aka blair witch project)? it seems to do pretty well on sci fi ..syfy doesnt it?

LtColCarter
November 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
one question about ghost adventures i know its off topic but... is it a real show or a documentary ... or only to make it look like documentary (aka blair witch project)? it seems to do pretty well on sci fi ..syfy doesnt it?

Ummm...Ghost Adventures is on the travel channel. And it documents various locations that are said to be haunted. Ghost Adventures is better than SyFy's Ghost Hunters.

Back on topic...I know people were complaining when Smallville and Supernatural moved to Friday. However, the shows are triving there.

the fifth man
November 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Ummm...Ghost Adventures is on the travel channel. And it documents various locations that are said to be haunted. Ghost Adventures is better than SyFy's Ghost Hunters.

Back on topic...I know people were complaining when Smallville and Supernatural moved to Friday. However, the shows are triving there.

I truly do hope that Fringe can thrive on Friday night. We shall see.

Stormtrooper
November 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Vote for Fringe as many times as you can:

PCA Awards - Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/votenow.jsp?test=foo&pollId=1100024)

Angela V
November 23rd, 2010, 08:57 AM

SV is in it's last season and some fans have come back to see how it ends. But it's not getting the numbers it got on Thursday nights. Still doing good for Fridays though. I don't watch Supernatural so can't comment on it.

So this is Fringe's SECOND move? I had heard that American Idol is moving to Wed for show, and Thursday for results. Maybe this has something to do with Fringe moving as well? Though from what I remembered Fringe did well against AI's show night on Tuesdays.

It's just frustrating to try following a show when it gets moved around so much and in it's 3rd year too.

the fifth man
November 23rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
This move is definitely frustrating. I really wish they would just leave Fringe on Thursday nights.

LtColCarter
November 24th, 2010, 06:34 AM
SV is in it's last season and some fans have come back to see how it ends. But it's not getting the numbers it got on Thursday nights. Still doing good for Fridays though. I don't watch Supernatural so can't comment on it.

So this is Fringe's SECOND move? I had heard that American Idol is moving to Wed for show, and Thursday for results. Maybe this has something to do with Fringe moving as well? Though from what I remembered Fringe did well against AI's show night on Tuesdays.

It's just frustrating to try following a show when it gets moved around so much and in it's 3rd year too.

Why would Fringe be against American Idol? They're on the same network.

This move is definitely frustrating. I really wish they would just leave Fringe on Thursday nights.

I wish they would've left it on Tuesday.

Commander Zelix
November 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Vote for Fringe as many times as you can:

PCA Awards - Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/vote/votenow.jsp?test=foo&pollId=1100024)

"Vote as often as you like"!?! What kind of voting system is that?

Commander Zelix
November 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
If it does anywhere near what it did on Thursdays, we can glue that show to the schedule because it can be a big win for us.” - Fox President

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/fox/fringe/fox-exec-killing-fringe/39958

Stormtrooper
November 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
"Vote as often as you like"!?! What kind of voting system is that?

I think it has always been this way with PCA. Whatever/whoever has the craziest fan base wins.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM

This makes me feel a little bit better. A renewal announcement would have been even better though.;)

LtColCarter
November 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
This makes me feel a little bit better. A renewal announcement would have been even better though.;)

Yes, that is a good announcement, but a renewal announcement would be awesome.

Sp!der
November 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
again a week break.. still happy thanksgiving for the american folks here...

the fifth man
November 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
again a week break.. still happy thanksgiving for the american folks here...

I would have much rather had a new episode too, but thank you. At least it is only a week.

DigiFluid
November 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Spin, nothing but spin. No network executive is ever going to say that they're trying to kill a show off.

Commander Zelix
November 27th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Spin, nothing but spin. No network executive is ever going to say that they're trying to kill a show off.
It's not only spin. He's saying something. He says that if the ratings stays what they are on Friday, it will be a win for Fox on that timeslot and he would glue Fringe to their schedule. The only question now is: can Fringe keep their ratings on a this new timeslot?

the fifth man
November 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
It's not only spin. He's saying something. He says that if the ratings stays what they are on Friday, it will be a win for Fox on that timeslot and he would glue Fringe to their schedule. The only question now is: can Fringe keep their ratings on a this new timeslot?

I sure hope it can keep the ratings it is currently getting. We all just have to keep on watching.

DigiFluid
November 27th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Yes....that's precisely the "spin" I was talking about. Of course they'll be happy if it keeps its numbers. But it's not called the "Friday night death slot" without just cause. Moving a show's timeslot to the most notoriously 'killing' slot of the week then hoping for the best is exactly disingenuous spin.

Like if I drop fifth man down a 50 foot well in the dead cold of January and tell you it'd be nice if he survives. I still dropped him down a well in January.

Don't misunderstand, I don't want the show to fail. I just started it for the first time a few days ago and I'm rather enjoying it. FOX on the other hand, is notorious both for killing off good shows, and for using Friday night to do it.

Mike.
November 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM

It's spin - what he's asking for is an impossibility/highly improbable and he knows it. It's a fact that less people watch TV on Friday nights so there will certainly be a drop. Maybe it won't be too much. Doesn't look good though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot#Fox_and_Fridays - this is what Fox does when it wants to kill a show.

Hopefully it pulls an X-Files.

/I want to believe.

billyd797
November 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
fridays has always been a pretty good syfy night so i don't think it wil be as bad as you are thinking?

DigiFluid
November 27th, 2010, 10:16 PM

/I want to believe.
:indeed:

That's just the sort of 'go to hell' that I love to see happen to FOX.

jmoz
November 28th, 2010, 09:48 AM
It's spin - what he's asking for is an impossibility/highly improbable and he knows it. It's a fact that less people watch TV on Friday nights so there will certainly be a drop. Maybe it won't be too much. Doesn't look good though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot#Fox_and_Fridays - this is what Fox does when it wants to kill a show.

/I want to believe.

fridays has always been a pretty good syfy night so i don't think it wil be as bad as you are thinking?

Look at all the shows that were killed during Friday in that link Mike provided.

Angela V
November 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM

For the channel SyFy. For the channel Fox airing sci-fi, not so much.

the fifth man
November 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
For the channel SyFy. For the channel Fox airing sci-fi, not so much.

I just hope the ratings at least stay the same.

LtColCarter
November 30th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I just hope the ratings at least stay the same.

Or improve! :D

Commander Zelix
November 30th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The real problem with the Fox move of Fringe to Friday is not that it's now on Friday or that Friday is not a good schedule. They seems to have proper expectations for it. But it's the fact that moving shows is not a good thing rating wise usually because you risk loosing viewers who won't know where it is now or don't have the habit of watching TV at X or y day of the week. While people who watch TV Friday may hesitate to watch a show already started in the middle of the season (despite the fact that Fringe got a solid stand alone component). In other word, if Fringe actually started on Friday I would have less problem with them expecting 5 millions viewers than now. Now they have moved it from Tuesday to Thursday and Friday and don't give it the chance to settle down and gather viewers. The last episode had an increase in viewership, but it will be lost in the new schedule move. They better give Fringe the chance to settle down and gather viewers.

Homer 120
December 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Fringe
- 5.130 million viewers
- 3.2/5 HH
- 1.8/5 A18-49

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/03/thursday-final-ratings-private-practice-bones-nikita-adjusted-down/74225

Rise from the previous? :D

LtColCarter
December 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Fringe
- 5.130 million viewers
- 3.2/5 HH
- 1.8/5 A18-49

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/03/thursday-final-ratings-private-practice-bones-nikita-adjusted-down/74225

Lets hope this continues!

DigiFluid
December 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Fringe
- 5.130 million viewers
- 3.2/5 HH
- 1.8/5 A18-49

Lets hope this continues!
Not terribly relevant in the context of this thread, given that there's only one episode left till FOX moves it to Fridays....

sbz
December 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I keep thinking FOX is trying to reclaim the X-Files glory days, which was Friday night king for, what, 7 seasons, by moving all its scifi to Fridays.

Fringe gets something like +50% of its ratings from DVR - no chance of people "missing" it. Moving it off the hugely competitive Thursday (which fans freaked out over and rang the death knell) could be a good thing. The network seems hugely supportive of the show and realistic about what it will do (I believe I read somewhere that if it retains its current ratings it will win the night for Fox), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ian-S
December 5th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Didn't it get better figures on Tuesday's?
Common sense would probably dictate a move back to Tuesday's over Friday's given the Friday Death Slot reputation, but moving it back to Tuesday would put it in direct competition with SGU which wouldn't really be much good either.

DigiFluid
December 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Didn't it get better figures on Tuesday's?
Common sense would probably dictate a move back to Tuesday's over Friday's given the Friday Death Slot reputation, but moving it back to Tuesday would put it in direct competition with SGU which wouldn't really be much good either.
True, but then it's only really direct competition if they share the same timeslot.

the fifth man
December 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I keep thinking FOX is trying to reclaim the X-Files glory days, which was Friday night king for, what, 7 seasons, by moving all its scifi to Fridays.

Fringe gets something like +50% of its ratings from DVR - no chance of people "missing" it. Moving it off the hugely competitive Thursday (which fans freaked out over and rang the death knell) could be a good thing. The network seems hugely supportive of the show and realistic about what it will do (I believe I read somewhere that if it retains its current ratings it will win the night for Fox), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I really hope that is the case. I really want a 4th season.

LtColCarter
December 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I really hope that is the case. I really want a 4th season.

As do I.

DigiFluid
December 5th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Definitely. I can totally see the show having a successful (in terms of storytelling) fourth and final season. But with FOX moving the show to the Death Slot, I'm not optimistic :(

the fifth man
December 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Definitely. I can totally see the show having a successful (in terms of storytelling) fourth and final season. But with FOX moving the show to the Death Slot, I'm not optimistic :(

With how good this season has been thus far, I am trying to be as optimistic as possible.

LtColCarter
December 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
With how good this season has been thus far, I am trying to be as optimistic as possible.

As am I.

the fifth man
December 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
As am I.

If push comes to shove, we just have to hope that Fringe fans will rally to save this show if they have to.

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I certainly hope there's enough of us, if it comes to that anyway :)

sbz
December 8th, 2010, 12:28 AM
There's already a bit of a "Save Fringe" movement (see savefringe.com and thefringemovement.tumblr.com), which I personally think sends the wrong kind of message. There's no indication at this point that it needs "saving," but it would be nice if it had better ratings. Thus, a "Watch Fringe" campaign would be more appropriate IMO.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
There's already a bit of a "Save Fringe" movement (see savefringe.com and thefringemovement.tumblr.com), which I personally think sends the wrong kind of message. There's no indication at this point that it needs "saving," but it would be nice if it had better ratings. Thus, a "Watch Fringe" campaign would be more appropriate IMO.

I concur

the fifth man
December 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I spread the word as much as possible to people I know about how great this show is.

Commander Zelix
December 14th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Look at this fox promo addressing the move on fridays and the anguish it generated among Fringe fans.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/fringe_friday_time_slot.html

Is is just me or is that promo create high hopes? Can they cancel a show after this promo? :)

Great promo. Original and 100% Fringey!!

DigiFluid
December 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I have to admit, the new promo has me intrigued.

jmoz
December 15th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Nah, think they're only trying to build up press points. It isn't called the death slot for nothing. Eh, still, something to look forward to at the end of the week, Fringedays.

DigiFluid
December 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Oh I don't have any illusions about the intent behind moving the show to the death slot, but as far as 'stem-the-tide' adverts go it's pretty good.

the fifth man
December 15th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I liked the promo. If Fringe doesn't get another season though, I may give up on FOX entirely.

Commander Zelix
December 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Let's hope Fringe does indeed revive Friday's TV night!!

LtColCarter
December 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Let's hope Fringe does indeed revive Friday's TV night!!

This would be a good thing...although...I already have viewing conflicts with shows that are on Friday. IDK what I'm gonna do now that Fringe is being added to the mix. I have Smallville, Supernatural, The Haunted, Ghost Adventures and now Fringe. The shows I bolded are all on at the same time :(

the fifth man
December 17th, 2010, 06:49 PM
This would be a good thing...although...I already have viewing conflicts with shows that are on Friday. IDK what I'm gonna do now that Fringe is being added to the mix. I have Smallville, Supernatural, The Haunted, Ghost Adventures and now Fringe. The shows I bolded are all on at the same time :(

I have the same dilemma, pretty much. I currently watch Smallville and Supernatural on Friday nights. I don't know if I will just watch Fringe later, on my DVR, or what. I have to think about it.

LtColCarter
December 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I have the same dilemma, pretty much. I currently watch Smallville and Supernatural on Friday nights. I don't know if I will just watch Fringe later, on my DVR, or what. I have to think about it.

I might need to get at&t U-verse so I can record up to four shows at once!

the fifth man
December 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I might need to get at&t U-verse so I can record up to four shows at once!

I'm sure At&T loves your free advertising.:)

Huaracocha
December 21st, 2010, 06:11 AM
I really hope Fringe is not facing cancellation, would be a real shame. Particularly with SGU gone and Lie to Me looking ropey it seems a bad time to be a show I like :S

LtColCarter
December 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
I really hope Fringe is not facing cancellation, would be a real shame. Particularly with SGU gone and Lie to Me looking ropey it seems a bad time to be a show I like :S

There is nothing indicating that Fringe is facing cancellation.

Huaracocha
December 21st, 2010, 06:31 AM
I know there's nothing concrete anywhere, I'm just being paranoid about them moving the slot. That and the folks at tvbythenumbers aren't too optimistic on it. I'm not saying it will or won't - just that I REALLY hope it doesn't!

DigiFluid
December 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM
There is nothing indicating that Fringe is facing cancellation.
They're moving it to Friday. For FOX to be any clearer, they'd have to fly a plane with "We're canceling it!" on one of those banners behind it over New York (or Vancouver, since it's filmed here).

I really, really hope they don't cancel it, but it's hard not to see a move to the Friday Night Death Slot for what it is.

LtColCarter
December 21st, 2010, 02:34 PM
They're moving it to Friday. For FOX to be any clearer, they'd have to fly a plane with "We're canceling it!" on one of those banners behind it over New York (or Vancouver, since it's filmed here).

I really, really hope they don't cancel it, but it's hard not to see a move to the Friday Night Death Slot for what it is.

Well, I don't buy into rumor and conjecture. Unless I see an article released from Fox or a credible source...it is all just rumor and conjecture.

DigiFluid
December 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Someone already posted it in this thread, but it bears re-posting: FOX and Fridays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot#Fox_and_Fridays). The track record is bad...very bad.

I want Fringe to succeed on Fridays, both because I want it to stick in the craw of FOX executives and because I really enjoy the show. But like I said, it's hard to be optimistic at this point.

the fifth man
December 21st, 2010, 06:36 PM
Someone already posted it in this thread, but it bears re-posting: FOX and Fridays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot#Fox_and_Fridays). The track record is bad...very bad.

I want Fringe to succeed on Fridays, both because I want it to stick in the craw of FOX executives and because I really enjoy the show. But like I said, it's hard to be optimistic at this point.

With any luck, Fringe can buck the trend.

Huaracocha
December 21st, 2010, 10:45 PM
Fox Rarely Interferes, Not Going Extinct.

Conclusive proof that the awesomeness of the Fringe team is here to stay ;)

Huaracocha
December 21st, 2010, 10:45 PM

billyd797
December 21st, 2010, 11:42 PM
didn't fox have sliders and the x files on friday nights way back when? maybe there hoping to relive past sucsess with syfi shows

LtColCarter
December 22nd, 2010, 05:30 AM

O_o

sbz
December 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Thinking a move to Friday signals impending cancellation is, IMO, a mistake. The network has said multiple times how much they support the show and they've so far kept it alive with middling ratings on Thursdays (which I'll point out that everyone thought would kill the show, but it didn't).

I don't recall if it's been posted here, but would a network that intends to cancel a show put out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWmMm6gfc5E&feature=player_embedded)? Which fully addresses and debunks the "friday=cancellation" freakout?

Regarding Fox's Friday night record, I can only speak to the shows I'm actually aware of, but Terminator and Dollhouse were already dead/dying when they got moved to Friday (likely in the hopes it might find an audience since Friday isn't competitive) and Firefly had reams of other problems above and beyond the night it was on. Of the shows moved to Friday that have been in my orbit, Fringe is the first one that hasn't already been cancelled or been a hairs breadth away from cancellation. I think it Fringe will do just fine.

the fifth man
December 22nd, 2010, 07:12 PM
I can't wait for the second half of this season to get started. I am very excited.

LtColCarter
December 23rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I can't wait for the second half of this season to get started. I am very excited.

Me too! :D

Huaracocha
December 23rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Me three!

I'm barring any thought of cancellation and just looking forward to the story progressing and especially to the apparent promise of seeing more of the 'observers'.

the fifth man
December 23rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Me three!

I'm barring any thought of cancellation and just looking forward to the story progressing and especially to the apparent promise of seeing more of the 'observers'.

Same here. Let's just enjoy the second half of this season. See how things go.

Stormtrooper
January 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Fringe won the PCA Award for best science fiction/fantasy show:

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/awards/nominees

:)

DigiFluid
January 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM

Me too! :D

Me three!

Same here.
Regardless of the stupid Friday move.....me five! :D

LtColCarter
January 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Regardless of the stupid Friday move.....me five! :D

It should be good!

the fifth man
January 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
It should be good!

Indeed it should. We all just need to try and enjoy what is left of this season. We can't really control what happens after that.

Commander Zelix
January 7th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I think Friday is the right place for Fringe. I think we will get another season and more. But it should have started there. The constant scheduling move is not good for any shows.

the fifth man
January 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I think Friday is the right place for Fringe. I think we will get another season and more. But it should have started there. The constant scheduling move is not good for any shows.

I totally agree with that point in bold.

Commander Zelix
January 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
A little interview with Fringe producers about the friday move. No spoilers at all in this interview.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/scifimediazone/news/?a=28469

Nice to hear they have pitched the season 5, season 6 and season 7 plan for the show. :)

Fringe indeed hit its sweet spot in it's third season. A perfect mix of great episodic stories and continuous character and story arcs with an ever developing mythology. The first 2 seasons were good but now season 3 is hitting it out of the ball park (with a bit more serialized storytelling and exploration of the parallel universe putting a "face" to the "enemy"). Lets gear up for Fringe Fridays!

Homer 120
January 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
A little interview with Fringe producers about the friday move. No spoilers at all in this interview.

Nice to hear they have pitched the season 5, season 6 and season 7 plan for the show. :)

Fringe indeed hit its sweet spot in it's third season. A perfect mix of great episodic stories and continuous character and story arcs with an ever developing mythology. The first 2 seasons were good but now season 3 is hitting it out of the ball park (with a bit more serialized storytelling and exploration of the parallel universe putting a "face" to the "enemy"). Lets gear up for Fringe Fridays!

Sweet! It is good to hear that they are optimistic about the show's chances, so the plan is to have 7 Seasons in total?

LtColCarter
January 21st, 2011, 07:10 AM

That's excellent! :)

Stormtrooper
January 22nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
'Fringe' Premieres Up, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Starts Well (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/22/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-premieres-up/79750)

LtColCarter
January 22nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
'Fringe' Premieres Up, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Starts Well (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/22/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-premieres-up/79750)

Fox topped Friday among adults 18-49 as Fringe ratings rose after its timeslot move

Fringe’s Friday premiere 1.9 adults 18-49 rating was a fraction above its Fall 18-49 average rating (1.88) and 12% above its latest new episode (1.7 adults 18-49, 12/9/10). That’s much better than most of our polled readers expected. If it can maintain that level, I’d expect it to be renewed.

Those are my favorite lines from the article! :D

Sp!der
January 24th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I am glad that the first episode after the break got good ratings (for a sci-fi show) Fringe deserves it.. and I hope it gets a fourth season....!

LtColCarter
January 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I am glad that the first episode after the break got good ratings (for a sci-fi show) Fringe deserves it.. and I hope it gets a fourth season....!

Someone did point out that this coming Friday they'll be up against Supernatural. I hate it because I love both shows.

Homer 120
January 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Someone did point out that this coming Friday they'll be up against Supernatural. I hate it because I love both shows.

I don't see SN being any real competition for FRINGE. SN gets like what 2 million viewers? Plus with HELL'S KITCHEN being FRINGE'S lead-in show seems to be helping a lot! I'm just glad it premiered well, and it was actually UP from the previous episode! And again FOX have said that if FRINGE can maintain its audience from Thursday nights it'll be renewed and so far, it has done exactly that!

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I don't see SN being any real competition for FRINGE. SN gets like what 2 million viewers? Plus with HELL'S KITCHEN being FRINGE'S lead-in show seems to be helping a lot! I'm just glad it premiered well, and it was actually UP from the previous episode! And again FOX have said that if FRINGE can maintain its audience from Thursday nights it'll be renewed and so far, it has done exactly that!

I guess only time will tell! Friday will be here soon! :D

the fifth man
January 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I guess only time will tell! Friday will be here soon! :D

I know I can't wait for Friday.

Stormtrooper
January 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/fringe-friday-ratings-dvr

'Fringe' Friday ratings spike thanks to DVR

Fox’s Fringe story continues to improve. After delivering a surprisingly strong number on Friday despite moving from Thursdays, the drama has gained an additional 42 percent thanks to DVR playback after only three days of Nielsen measurements.

Fringe jumped from a 1.9 adult demo rating on Friday night (matching its Thursday average) to a 2.7, thanks to the added viewing. Compare that to CBS’ Blue Bloods, which has averaged a 2.4 on the night. Competition will climb in the coming weeks as Fringe will face more original shows like CW’s Supernatural, but this is a great start.

LtColCarter
January 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/fringe-friday-ratings-dvr

Very nice! GO DVRs! ;)

sbz
January 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I figured that would happen, since Fringe has always gotten approximately half its numbers from DVRs, but it's nice to see it confirmed. That should firmly cement Fringe as the highest rated Friday night show, no? Assuming we don't want to be cynical (ie, that the Fox execs keep their word), things are looking excellent.