This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defective Season 7 DVDs?

For christmas i got season 7 on dvd. There's was a problem with volume 5. On heroes part 2 it messed up in the middle of it. The video froze while the audio continued. It does the same thing on The Lost City throughout the whole thing and then it wouldn't even let me access special features. So we took it back and exchanged it for another one. The new one has the same problem. Did this happen to anyone else? If so what did you do about it?
    Thanks
    Vegn

I don't have this problem.

It could be the DVD player not liking the disc. That usually is the problem whenever something like that happens with DVDs for me.

I have a couple Buffy season 4 discs that have some episodes that don't work on the DVD player down here in the basement, but work fine on the DVD player in the living room.

If you have another DVD player you could try to see if you still have the problem.

If you still do, you should probably clean the disc, try again, and then probably... I dunno. Sorry.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

My set of Season 7 DVDs play just fine.

For yours, I would try other DVD disks and make sure that the DVD player is working correctly. If it is, I would take the DVDs back and exchange them for another set.

Comment

Yeah the DVD player too... Stupid things break easily...

We got a DVD player upstairs in my parents room. It was the first DVD player we ever got, so it's a couple years old.

Doesn't work at all anymore.

I worked fine for so long, then it started to be wonky, then me and my mom fixed it (or so we thought) and then it would only play 1 out of 10 times and then it just died.

Comment

I guess if you exchange it and it still goes weird at the same point it's really the dvd player...sometimes DVD pla<yers can't cope with copy protection.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
          ~CELLO!~
          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I remember reading another post about someone having the exact same problem. There might have been a few defective Volume 5 discs out there. Hmm, reminds me of the infamous season five stills gallery goof. Contact the place of purchase or MGM Home Entertainment directly.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
              I guess if you exchange it and it still goes weird at the same point it's really the dvd player...sometimes DVD pla<yers can't cope with copy protection.
              Well, actually, the Stargate SG-1 DVDs don't have that whole 'copy protection' thing.

If they did, I wouldn't be able to use my TV Tuner to record the episodes for vidding. I would have to rip and encode them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegn
                For christmas i got season 7 on dvd. There's was a problem with volume 5. On heroes part 2 it messed up in the middle of it. The video froze while the audio continued. It does the same thing on The Lost City throughout the whole thing and then it wouldn't even let me access special features. So we took it back and exchanged it for another one. The new one has the same problem. Did this happen to anyone else? If so what did you do about it?
                Thanks
                It could be your DVD player. Try cleaning it with a DVD cleaning kit (yes, there are DVD cleaning kits out there). It seems highly doubtful it's the discs, because you've returned the discs and gotten new ones. Try the discs in a different DVD player. If they work fine in the other DVD player, then the problem is with your player.

Though Rocket4477 did say something about a defective set of discs, again, that could be unlikely because you exchanged your discs. Unless an entire batch of Season 7 discs were defective. You might want to check your player first, though. It's seems like that could be the culprit.

Comment

I had the exact same problem with my Season 7 Disc 5 DVD. I took it back once and had the same problem. It is more than likely the DVDs that are currently in stock, since I tried the DVD on my Xbox, family DVD player, and my computer. I emailed MGM and Best Buy about the problem and are currently waiting to hear back.
                  From this day to the ending of the world,
                  We in it shall be remembered --
                  We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
                  - Shakespeare's Henry V

Comment

I've had the exact same problem with my Season Seven disks! I exchanged them at Best Buy, but the new set has the problem as well. Uggh.

I thought about driving to another Best Buy to exchange them... perhaps mine got a bad batch.

Comment

Yeah thanks. I tried it in my dvd player, my living room dvd player, my laptop, and my ps2. The same thing happened. All the other discs work fine. It's just disc five. But if other people are having the same problem I'm gonna try to get them to exchange it again or just give me my money back so I can get it from somewhere else cause i gotta see the rest of heroes part 2 and the lost city. Not only that my precious special features. Thanks for the replies from you guys. I'm gonna go ahead and call Best Buy.
                      Thanks
                      Vegn

Comment

Anyone else encounter defective Season 7 Region 1 DVDs? Specifically Disc 5 seems to be very pixelatted and distorted and eventually freezes. I've bought two copies already and both seems to suffer from the same problem. It's really annoying because I missed "Lost City" and want to see it more then anything right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegn
                          Thanks
                          Yeah I've bought two copies and had the same problem on that disc as well on both sets and on multiple players

Comment

Did you see this thread?
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7345

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              No I hadn't. I'm too pissed right now to go thread hunting. I can't believe they haven't recalled these things yet as it appears to be fairly widespread.

Comment

Working...
                              X